• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Beaver County, PA Sheriff Says No Carrying Guns Where Others Might Assemble!

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Venator wrote:
Carnivore wrote:
Theseus wrote:
Unfortunate for Mt. Jack (I do believe that is what you all have been calling him) is in this situation, but it is a great case that can hopefully solve the OC problem for all. Just because someone is scared by the act, doesn't mean someone should be held accountable.

The reasonable argument could be made of someone burning a flag for example. It scares me and possibly gives aid and comfort to our countries enemies that someone would do it, but it is protected as legal and I can't get them for disturbing the peace. . . Why is a flag protected but a firearm not?
You can be rest assured that my United StatesFlag is protected, It'll be a sorry day for all involved if someone chose to pull the flag from my flag pole and burn it in my yard.. I'll definitely be in jail in short order the day I'm present when U.S. citizen or not burns a flag in my presence. :cuss:I just ain't gonna stand by and watch it happen, freedom of speech can be spoken or written, if someone thinks they can act out their freedom of speech by burning the American/Christian/or even a P.O.W. flag in my presence, then they'll get to see me act out my freedom of speech also !
Can I burn my own US flag in front of you? I understand if someone stole your flag and burned it, But why can't I burn mine (Fire laws not withstanding.)
Well, to me a flag is a symbol and nothing more. To me the flag is about as useless as my wedding ring. Burning the flag won't destroy America or the spirit that this country embodies. That and the fact that most of our flags are made in China....

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

They cite the assasinations of former presidents as well as the attempt on Reagan's life as a reason to be extra careful. Can anyone tell me when any government official from any country has been assasinated by a citizen legally and openly carrying a handgun?

Huck

imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
Can anyone tell me when any government official from any country has been assasinated by a citizen legally and openly carrying a handgun?

Not to my knowledge. But there have been instances where government offials have been killed by either members of their own security forces or by other government officials.

A few examples.

Park Chung-hee, President of South Korea. gunned down by the director of theKCIA (Korean Central Intelligence Agency)in 1979.

Jose Santos Guardiola, President of Honduras. Assassinated by his personal bodyguardin 1862.

Carlos Castillo Armas, President of Guatamala. Assassinanted by a palace guard in 1957.

Maybe the SS should be looking closely at their own members and/or cabinet members instead of worrying about honest citizens openlyexercising their rights. Those same citizens could very well deter any would be assassins.

HungSquirrel

imported post

“I don’t think this was the time or the place to show your rights,” David said.

:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

I think now is the time and the place for everyone to use his right to petition the government for redress of grievances.

Contact information for the Sheriff of Beaver County:

Telephone:
(724) 728-3934 x11243

Fax:
(724) 728-2412

Snail mail:
810 Third Street
Beaver, PA 15009

Let these filthy tyrants know what you think about having a "time" and "place" restriction on your rights.

Carnivore

imported post

Venator wrote:
Carnivore wrote:
Theseus wrote:
Unfortunate for Mt. Jack (I do believe that is what you all have been calling him) is in this situation, but it is a great case that can hopefully solve the OC problem for all. Just because someone is scared by the act, doesn't mean someone should be held accountable.

The reasonable argument could be made of someone burning a flag for example. It scares me and possibly gives aid and comfort to our countries enemies that someone would do it, but it is protected as legal and I can't get them for disturbing the peace. . . Why is a flag protected but a firearm not?
You can be rest assured that my United StatesFlag is protected, It'll be a sorry day for all involved if someone chose to pull the flag from my flag pole and burn it in my yard.. I'll definitely be in jail in short order the day I'm present when U.S. citizen or not burns a flag in my presence. :cuss:I just ain't gonna stand by and watch it happen, freedom of speech can be spoken or written, if someone thinks they can act out their freedom of speech by burning the American/Christian/or even a P.O.W. flag in my presence, then they'll get to see me act out my freedom of speech also !
Can I burn my own US flag in front of you? I understand if someone stole your flag and burned it, But why can't I burn mine (Fire laws not withstanding.)
Yes you may burn your own personal flag in front of me, in all reality I must accept that you truely do have that right.. You may also wrap your entire family in that flag as you light it and rid my presence of your politically correct bassackwards idealogy that most likely has at this point been implanted into their minds also.. take the pictures of your Grandparents/Parents/Childrenand if you've lived long enough to have grandchildren and when you set them on fire, make sure you have one real good strong piss urge in your body left to piss the fire out, because those things I just mentioned too are just symbols of your loved ones, they won't really disappear and burn and drown in human piss just because you acted it out !!

signed

with Love your fellow American..

streetdoc

imported post

I served 20 years in the Marines to defend everybodies right to do those things in expressing their feelings even though I may not agree with them. I will still standby and protect them in doing so,and express my rights also. I wont support somebody that is trying to take away my rights.I may protect them but Iwont support them.This is what makes this country great!

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Gray Coyote wrote:
mvpel wrote:
Suppose I'm a Wiccan and crosses alarm me, given the whole Salem thing. Can the police arrest someone wearing or holding a cross and handing out Christian literature near a gathering of Wiccans, and charge them with "disorderly conduct?" Don't the Wiccans have a "right" to assemble "without fear?"

What a maroon.
yes wiccans do have the right to assemble witout fear but they are not allowed to have their religious symbols on their head stones in arlington national cemetary.

Wrong!

MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wiccan pentacle has been added to the list of emblems allowed in United States cemeteries and on government-issued headstones of fallen U.S. soldiers, according to a settlement announced Monday.

A settlement between the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and Wiccans adds the five-pointed star to the list of "emblems of belief" allowed on VA grave markers. Wicca is a nature-based religion based on respect for the earth, nature and the cycle of the seasons, but variations of the pentacle have been used in horror movies as a sign of the devil - a usage not accepted by Wiccans.

"This settlement has forced the Bush Administration into acknowledging that there are no second-class religions in America, including among our nation's veterans," said the Rev. Barry W. Lynn, director of Americans United for Separation of Church and State, which represented the Wiccans in the lawsuit.

Eleven families nationwide are waiting for grave markers with the pentacle, said Selena Fox, a Wiccan high priestess with Circle Sanctuary in Wisconsin and a plaintiff in the lawsuit.

dbc3804

imported post

Venator wrote:
Carnivore wrote:
Theseus wrote:

Only in a public place, and you must wrap yourself in it first.

hsmith

imported post

Carnivore wrote:
Yes you may burn your own personal flag in front of me, in all reality I must accept that you truely do have that right.. You may also wrap your entire family in that flag as you light it and rid my presence of your politically correct bassackwards idealogy that most likely has at this point been implanted into their minds also.. take the pictures of your Grandparents/Parents/Childrenand if you've lived long enough to have grandchildren and when you set them on fire, make sure you have one real good strong piss urge in your body left to piss the fire out, because those things I just mentioned too are just symbols of your loved ones, they won't really disappear and burn and drown in human piss just because you acted it out !!

signed

What an odd post.

hsmith

imported post

If burning a cheap piece of nylon with color printed on it made in China bothers you that much, you should really talk to someone.

America and freedoms aren't about some "symbol" which some have attached more meaning to than should be.

Me burning your flag is a crime as it is destruction of your property. Nothing else.

People should be burning copies of the Constitution if they want to prove a point.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

If that's all the American flag (or any flag) represents to you.... You have some serious 'issues'.

Carnivore

imported post

HungSquirrel wrote:
Eeew, there are tyrants among us.

In your mind maybe, but do you place your right hand over your heart when the national anthem is being played? Have you ever Saluted the Raising or lowering of the American Falg at the beginning and end of your work day? and if so did you do it because you love your country, or just to look good in front of the so called Jones's that surrounded you at this ceremonial location.. Next time you have the opportunity to attend a ceramony where their might be such a display of respect and affection for our great country, try a little experiment-- Just yell out at the Top of your voice (THIS IS B.S.,) this is all just a B.S. symbol then rush out in front of the immediate crowd, and rip your little flag to shreds and set it on fire.., I'd bet my monthly wages you would take an ass whoopin from at least 1 of the 98% present that do love and respect America.. I truely love my country, although I may not agree with the way it's run sometimes, I do live in the greatest country on the face of the globe..

Remember this old slogan(America-Love it or leave it! )

Carnivore

imported post

hsmith wrote:
Carnivore wrote:

signed

What an odd post.

Here it is !! Come and get it !

DSCF0014-2.jpg

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Carnivore wrote:
Here it is !! Come and get it !
And a glorious flag it is. I for one like it just the way you have it.

As for the whole flag burnin' thing...not my cup of tea. I'm a guy who gets choked up just singing The Star Spangled Banner. Something of a softy I suppose. The down side though, my blood boils with rage watching the symbol of my freedom being desecrated so unceremoniously. But if that isa manifestation offree speech I must defend it. Distasteful though it may be.

Nice pics. Thanks for putting forth the effort to "show me." Couldn't resist.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

That was my point entirely. Perhaps while the congressional approval ratings are around %9 they need to be especially careful and disarm their security as well. The last time we had %9 approval ratings we sent the government back to england.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Look, I brought up the burning of the flag as a point. You wine and cry about this man standing up for his rights and how unfairly he was treated, but you are ready to trample someone for doing the same thing, but instead of doing it with a gun, they do it with a flag.

I don't condone flag burning, but if that is the only way you feel you can express yourself, then go ahead! I will stand by your side, call you an idiot and protect you and your right if need be..But you try and take my rights away and I will surely beat you down like any other.

Just in case some of you missed it, you already condoned doing the same thing LEO's threaten us with when they catch us OC'ing. "Sure it's legal, but don't let me catch you doing it...There will be hell to pay. I don't care if its legal."

Makes me want to rinse my mouth out and feel ashamed for calling you countrymen. :banghead:

ne1

imported post

Theseus wrote:
Look, I brought up the burning of the flag as a point. You wine and cry about this man standing up for his rights and how unfairly he was treated, but you are ready to trample someone for doing the same thing, but instead of doing it with a gun, they do it with a flag.

I don't condone flag burning, but if that is the only way you feel you can express yourself, then go ahead! I will stand by your side, call you an idiot and protect you and your right if need be..But you try and take my rights away and I will surely beat you down like any other.

Just in case some of you missed it, you already condoned doing the same thing LEO's threaten us with when they catch us OC'ing. "Sure it's legal, but don't let me catch you doing it...There will be hell to pay. I don't care if its legal."

Makes me want to rinse my mouth out and feel ashamed for calling you countrymen. :banghead:
+1

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Carnivore wrote:
Venator wrote:
Carnivore wrote:
Theseus wrote:

signed

See, now your're getting it.