• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Meeting 9/18/2008

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]09/18/08 - Mason District Governmental Center Large Conference Room
7:30 - 9:30
[/font]

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]
[/font]

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] Meeting Schedule:
[/font]
[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] [/font]
  • [font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][*] 7:30 - 8:00 pm -- Informal Gathering [*] 8:00 - 9:30 pm -- Meeting [*] 9:30 - ?:?? pm -- Informal Gathering at a Local Restaurant [/font]
[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] [/font]
Just doing my pimping. Can't make the undisclosed location unfortunately.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It's not "the undisclosed location" - it's the Sooper Seekret meeting pre-meeting.

Or is it the Sooper Seekret pre-meeting meeting?

I get them perfused, and I am complexed at times.

Anyhow, we shall miss your presence there.

Anyone want to carpool from Richmond? I can take up to 3 riders.

stay safe.

skidmark

nova

imported post

skidmark wrote:
It's not "the undisclosed location" - it's the Sooper Seekret meeting pre-meeting.

Or is it the Sooper Seekret pre-meeting meeting?

I get them perfused, and I am complexed at times.

Anyhow, we shall miss your presence there.

Anyone want to carpool from Richmond? I can take up to 3 riders.

stay safe.

skidmark
You mean the super secret handshake club meeting? I'll be there at the normal time around 1800 hours.

Glock27Bill

imported post

I go to the meeting, but don't know where the Sooper Seekret place is.

Can someone PM me with it?

BTW: I have my Little Orphan Annie decoder ring, and Yes, I drink Ovaltine.

nova

imported post

Well, how do I know you're not a washington post reporter? :p

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
I go to the meeting, but don't know where the Sooper Seekret place is.

Can someone PM me with it?

BTW: I have my Little Orphan Annie decoder ring, and Yes, I drink Ovaltine.

6365 Columbia Pike. Look for the Starbucks - we'll be there about 6 PM.

Newbie pays for the caffiene! :celebrate

stay safe.

skidmark

PS - don't tell anyone where it is, OK?

Tomahawk

imported post

Now we have to find another undisclosed pre-meeting place for the cool people to show up. This keeps up, I'll have to leave work at lunchtime to make it!

Besides, the funny thing about the "undisclosed location" is that it seems every time we meet there, at least one FFx. Co. cop shows up, either as a customer or, the one time,to respond to a call about us (actually about cassulshooter) from the staff.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

But....But...BUT....that's right in the middle of Bear season. Is nothing sacred anymore.

nova

imported post

casullshooter wrote:
Perhaps I can wear my rig with the "Shotgun shells" across my chest again.:p

I'll be wearing a cartridge slide on my belt, though it's a 'tactical' nylon one and it will be hidden under my shirt tail ;)

I guess I'll be at the secret meeting place at 6pm. That's earlier than I normally show but maybe I'll bring my laptop to occupy me.

RedKnightt

imported post

Hokie wrote:
I have never been to one of the meetings, What usually happens?
I've been to three or four meetings, and from what I can tell it usually starts with a quick introduction (from everyone), updates on currents issues VCDL is working on, the state of any legislation on the state or federal level that might affect Virginia gun owners, and discussion of any issues that may need discussing. I imagine this meeting the upcoming picnic and shoot in Culpeper wil be mentioned. There is also sometimes a guest speaker, and you can get copies of the VCDL "yellow cards". The best part is meeting your fellow citizens and enjoying the camaraderie before, during and after. You don't have to be a VCDL member to attend, it is open to everyone.

Oh, and you can check out what everyone carries.

I should be easy to pick out of the crowd; I'm the overweight white guy with a gun on my hip :)

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

RedKnightt wrote:
I should be easy to pick out of the crowd; I'm the overweight white guy with a gun on my hip :)

Not so fast there, Lone Stranger. There are a few that fit that description.

And I, for one, appreciate the confusion that you all create in figurring out who is not me. :celebrate

stay safe.

skidmark

vrwmiller

imported post

RedKnightt wrote:

--RedKnightt--
If this is the case, I think I'll be RedKnightt this evening! :celebrate