• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

firearms sale on opencarry.org

scoobydoo6906

imported post

I am new the forum and was wanting to know if you allowed users to post for sale or for trade adds on here. Is there a certain proticol that we need to follow

compmanio365

imported post

Yes, obviously it's allowed.........welcome to the forum BTW. Hope you stick around and join in on the fun.

No offense, but I wouldn't purchase any firearm from anyone with less than 100 posts.......just my opinion though........

tstanfield12

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Yes, obviously it's allowed.........welcome to the forum BTW. Hope you stick around and join in on the fun.

No offense, but I wouldn't purchase any firearm from anyone with less than 100 posts.......just my opinion though........
I do agree although I am selling a firearm and am under 100 posts. I do think that there is less risk with a FTF though - at least you can see what your getting before you pay.

David.Car

imported post

Shame I don't need another 226. Always liked the nickel controls on the nitron black. Know a guy who will do that for anyone who is interested for only $80. Good luck in your sale / trade.

scoobydoo6906

imported post

yeah I agree the post thing, I would only do a ftf deal with somebody on here anyhow. there is not a user feedback section for deals done with other members on here so I makes me a tad bit leary of shipping a weapon to anybody on here. well I am a member on a few forums, ar15.com (86 posts), and the firing line (about 70 posts). I post in bursts, I really don't post a ton I do alot of "lurking". I think I will post more on this forum because its much less of a technical kind of forum, more personal I guess is how I'd put it. Its much less about guns, more about the people that carry guns and personal happenings. for what I have seen you gather and hang out alot more which is very cool. I know quite a bit about guns, I know there is alot more to learn and I am trying.