• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anniversary of 9/11

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Remember - never forget!

Show your colors - OC is a statement - and fly our flag.

Do both tomarrow and everyday!

Yata hey

tripledipper

imported post

Thank you for reminding everyone, but you should not have to. How soon people seem to forget. This wasthis generations Pearl Harbor.I always wear a patrioticshirt and fly the flag on 9/11 and thank God for sparing my sons who were there (WTC)as first responders.

sccrref

imported post

Infidel wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Remember - never forget!

Yata hey

Amen Grapeshot,

This is one guy who shows his colors, as I will be; Check this video link out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8
Why do you insist on continuing to spout or link to this. It has already been shut down 3 separate times. Go to McCain's or Obama's sight and post this. This sight is not the place for it. Now, if the man in the video had at least been OCing, I could possibly see the relevance to this site.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

I OC because of 9/11, V/T and Omaha mall shootings amongst other things.
None of these were specifically/directly OC related but caused a tremendous emotional response and desire by many to get more involved in the movement.
They are part of who I am and why I participate here.

Is that OC related enough for you? Good. You may be seated.

Yata hey

nova

imported post

I've had a small US flag in the bottom drivers side of the windshield in my truck in honor of American vetsbut the day before 9/11/08 I put a large US flag in my back window. It's still there today and I have no intention of removing it anytime soon.

suntzu

imported post

Infidel wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Remember - never forget!

Yata hey

Amen Grapeshot,

This is one guy who shows his colors, as I will be; Check this video link out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8
Iraq was never about 9-11. This has been discussed and discussed and no linkage between Hussein and Obl has ever been established. I am still new to this forum, but things like this, where it is continued to be touted that Iraq was about 9-11--Iraq was NEVER about 9-11. Iraq is not now, nor has it ever been about 9-11. Even people who worked within the Bush Whitehouse in 2001 said in interviews that Bush wanted to hit Iraq first instead of Afghanistan--and not a single Iraqi was onboard any of those aircraft--the vast majority were of course Saudi....But I don't recall us invading Saudi Arabia....

sccrref

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
None of these were specifically/directly OC related but caused a tremendous emotional response and desire by many to get more involved in the movement.

Yata hey
My post was directed at Infidel's post. Several threadds have been closed due at least in part to the link in his post. I do not wish to see this thread closed because of it. If you misunderstood that in my post, that is okay. If not, so be it.

tripledipper

imported post

9/11 is about homicide. 3000innocent people were murdered while going about their dailybusiness. What happened inretaliation after that can be debated until the cows come home. It could not have been prevented by any of those killed, while theVT body countcould havepossibly been lessened if a student hada firearm in their possession, and the LE response had beenmore tactical. (Taking cover behind trees instead of rushing the building while people were being slaughtered inside is not my idea of a proper response.)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Some miss the point of the OP which was simply -

Remember - never forget!

It was/is not about Bush, Obama or McCain, Afganistan or Iraq.

The responding video was, I think, no more than was suggested: someone "showing their colors." I believe that the poster was being patriotic.

Personally, I choose not to editorialize the correctness of what I see as a war for freedom - I agree that this is not the place. I will never impugn our troops nor their mission on a public forum. That's not my style.

Yata hey

Infidel

imported post

sccrref wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
My post was directed at Indeel's post. Several threadds have been closed due at least in part to the link in his post. I do not wish to see this thread closed because of it. If you misunderstood that in my post, that is okay. If not, so be it.

SCCRREF: I know this site is about Open Carrying, and in My opinion it is a FREEDOM we have because of every soldier, sailer, airman, or marine; currently or as far back as 1776. EVERY FREEDOM WE HOLD DEAR IS DERIVED FROM ONE DOCUMENT! THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDANCE!

My initinal post on this video link was on the News and Political Alerts in the main section. I am still fairly new to this site and Ihad not known it was already posted three times previously. Politics does play into OCing, as one canidate has a worse record for gun owners and laws that the other! ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS!!!

P.S.- GET THE NAME RIGHT.... IT'S INFIDEL!

sccrref

imported post

Infidel wrote:
sccrref wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
My post was directed at Indeel's post. Several threadds have been closed due at least in part to the link in his post. I do not wish to see this thread closed because of it. If you misunderstood that in my post, that is okay. If not, so be it.

SCCRREF: I know this site is about Open Carrying, and in My opinion it is a FREEDOM we have because of every soldier, sailer, airman, or marine; currently or as far back as 1776. EVERY FREEDOM WE HOLD DEAR IS DERIVED FROM ONE DOCUMENT! THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDANCE!

My initinal post on this video link was on the News and Political Alerts in the main section. I am still fairly new to this site and Ihad not known it was already posted three times previously. Politics does play into OCing, as one canidate has a worse record for gun owners and laws that the other! ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS!!!

Sorry for the typo. It is now corrected. I understand your points and agree with them. My point is that several threads have already been closed by the mods for the link you put in. Why continue to do so and cause other threads to possibly be closed as well?

Sorry for getting off topic.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

sccrref wrote:
Infidel wrote:

Sorry for the typo. It is now corrected. I understand your points and agree with them. My point is that several threads have already been closed by the mods for the link you put in. Why continue to do so and cause other threads to possibly be closed as well?

I think that Infidel, like myself, thought that patriotism and support for our troops was being classified as political. Appreciate the clarification. Thanks. :)

IMHO - Sincerely doubt that this thread will be locked considering the intended reference to our freedoms which include the 2nd Amendment and thereby open carrying. Awareness of 9/11 and the possibility following it that some could have rushed to restrict our rights in the aftermath, fades a little each day. This thread too will fade into oblivion soon enough.

We have all wondered at the outcome had passengers on these flights been armed - OC or CC.

Yata hey

Infidel

imported post

sccrref wrote:
Infidel wrote:
sccrref wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

Thank you for the apology on the typo, and I had answered you on the previous post about the link:

"My initinal post on this video link was on the News and Political Alerts in the main section. I am still fairly new to this site and I had not known it was already posted three times previously. "