• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pro McCain Video - Hit to Obama, OUCH!

holeinhead

imported post

To be fair, I doubt Obama is saying what we did, and are doing in Iraq is wrong. Saddam was a monster, the world is better now that he's gone, and I'm sure Obama would agree that we've done a great thing in Iraq.

Instead, it's more likely that Obama thinks we were too quick to invade, and that Iraq was the wrong battlefield.

This is just my guess however. All I have to base this off is the short segment on the Orielly Factor interview with him regarding Iraq.

Orygunner

imported post

Fantastic video, thank you for posting the link to it!

Really caught me at the end when he walked away. I was thinking "well, that's kind of corny to walk off into the distance," then I saw the leg...

That meshes with the few servicement I've had opportunity to talk to that have been to Iraq. They have all said that we are doing good things there.

...Orygunner...

Blinn79

imported post

Orygunner wrote:

Really caught me at the end when he walked away. I was thinking "well, that's kind of corny to walk off into the distance," then I saw the leg...

That meshes with the few servicement I've had opportunity to talk to that have been to Iraq. They have all said that we are doing good things there.

...Orygunner...
Yeah, as far as I am concerned, if anyone has a right to speak their mind, its US soldiers like him who TRULY know what sacrifice is. He has TRULY paid a price to ensure that all of us have freedom. I have nothing but respect for that man. He is a true American hero.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Orygunner wrote:

...Orygunner...
I second that emotion. It really got to me when he walked off and I saw the prosthetic leg. Talk about credibility!

Excuse me while I mop my eyes.

imperialism2024

imported post

Relevance to OC?

To preface, I greatly respect all of our soldiers, especially for their decision to give up their rights to serve a greater cause.

[rant]

The sad irony, though, is that the war in Iraq has made us, and is making us, less free. The massive spending required to maintain a war there has put us into a debt that we may never repay. The increase in terrorism bred by the war means that I can carry even fewer items onto a plane than I did even in the months after 9/11/01. And I, as well as every other young man in the country, is at an ever increasing risk of being sent to be cannon fodder once the draft is re-instated.

And if the Iraqi people are so similar to Americans, then why do we think they enjoy being invaded and occupied? When all of the "pick the lesser of two evils" idiots elect McCain, will we accept a Chinese invasion to take such a tyrant out of power? Especially once the checkpoints and curfews start, I doubt it. Yes, Saddam Hussein was a bad man. Yet I fail to see how denying rights to 30 million people is called a war crime, whereas denying rights to 300 million people is called US domestic policy.

To whom does this freedom belong that we're apparently fighting for?

Before I get jumped on for not having the authority to speak about the war, I challenge any of you to find a terrorist who will go on the record and say that overwhelming force, by a foreign power that invades his homeland, will convince him to stop wanting to kill citizens of said power. I doubt you'll find one. So let's put aside the whole "War on Terrorism" farce.

Perhaps the relevance to OC is this: McCain wants you to have guns, but only in Iraq.

[/rant]

Blinn79

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Relevance to OC?

To preface, I greatly respect all of our soldiers, especially for their decision to give up their rights to serve a greater cause.

[rant]

The sad irony, though, is that the war in Iraq has made us, and is making us, less free. The massive spending required to maintain a war there has put us into a debt that we may never repay. The increase in terrorism bred by the war means that I can carry even fewer items onto a plane than I did even in the months after 9/11/01. And I, as well as every other young man in the country, is at an ever increasing risk of being sent to be cannon fodder once the draft is re-instated.

And if the Iraqi people are so similar to Americans, then why do we think they enjoy being invaded and occupied? When all of the "pick the lesser of two evils" idiots elect McCain, will we accept a Chinese invasion to take such a tyrant out of power? Especially once the checkpoints and curfews start, I doubt it. Yes, Saddam Hussein was a bad man. Yet I fail to see how denying rights to 30 million people is called a war crime, whereas denying rights to 300 million people is called US domestic policy.

To whom does this freedom belong that we're apparently fighting for?

Before I get jumped on for not having the authority to speak about the war, I challenge any of you to find a terrorist who will go on the record and say that overwhelming force, by a foreign power that invades his homeland, will convince him to stop wanting to kill citizens of said power. I doubt you'll find one. So let's put aside the whole "War on Terrorism" farce.

Perhaps the relevance to OC is this: McCain wants you to have guns, but only in Iraq.

[/rant]
Last I checked, I posted this in "general discussion", so I think this is where you can "generally" talk about anything.

Now you asked "to whom does this freedom belong that we're apparently fighting for?"... you need to read this article and THEN ask that question again...

Made in the USA: Spoiled Brats

I will be honest, I kind of felt the same way as you until I read that article above and really thought about all that we take for granted day to day. Our generation (I am 26 years old) has not known suffering like our grandparents and great grandparents (I am referring to the Great Depression). Just please read the article and think long and hard about it, then decided if we don't live in the greatest country in the world.

imperialism2024

imported post

Blinn79 wrote:
Last I checked, I posted this in "general discussion", so I think this is where you can "generally" talk about anything.

Now you asked "to whom does this freedom belong that we're apparently fighting for?"... you need to read this article and THEN ask that question again...

I will be honest, I kind of felt the same way as you until I read that article above and really thought about all that we take for granted day to day. Our generation (I am 26 years old) has not known suffering like our grandparents and great grandparents (I am referring to the Great Depression). Just please read the article and think long and hard about it, then decided if we don't live in the greatest country in the world.
As for the latter, unfortunately "greatest country in the world" is also the same as "least bad country in the world". Just because the Bush administration doesn't (yet) make people "disappear" for expressing political discontent doesn't mean that we should be happy with egregious violations of our Fourth amendment rights. But I digress. How does the war in Iraq increase our freedom?

As for the former, last I checked...

"[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]2) Since we are a site dedicated to open carry,firearms and gun rights, all posts should relate substantially to one of these topics, even if your comments pertain mainly to freedom andliberty."

See http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html
[/font]

Blinn79

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Blinn79 wrote:

As for the latter, unfortunately "greatest country in the world" is also the same as "least bad country in the world". Just because the Bush administration doesn't (yet) make people "disappear" for expressing political discontent doesn't mean that we should be happy with egregious violations of our Fourth amendment rights. But I digress. How does the war in Iraq increase our freedom?

As for the former, last I checked...

"[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]2) Since we are a site dedicated to open carry,firearms and gun rights, all posts should relate substantially to one of these topics, even if your comments pertain mainly to freedom andliberty."

See http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html

[/font]
Yeah I read it, and no where in there does it say you can't talk about politics. So I guess if you have a problem with this topic, either take it up with the administrator or simply choose not to continue to read this thread. Because last I checked I still live in free country and can talk about whatever I want. I appreciate your opinion, and you have every right to it, but that alone is not going to remove or stop this topic.

like_the_roman

imported post

Blinn, this is a privately owned and operated forum dedicated to guns and RKBA. If your posts stray too far from designated topics, the thread will probably be locked/deleted by the moderators, who have every right to keep things on-topic and civil.