• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

shipping firearms though fedex

scoobydoo6906

imported post

I know all the ffl stuff I need to know I think, were can I ship it from, like kinko's fedex?, or do I have to go to a freight hud or what?. I am in the portland/vancouver area I am looking for the closest place to ship from. thanks for the help in advance.

Bear 45/70

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Kinko's or UPS store works too.
The local (no the only one in town) UPS and FedEx shipper rufuses to handle firearms. I had to go to Olympia to the Kinkos/FedEx and it was a no brainer. I was shipping my new Marlin 1894FG back to the factory for a feed jam problem. If you are shipping to a rifle, it is different than a piston. Even USPS will mail a rifle. But if you are shipping to another individual, they won't ship it, long or short gun.

scoobydoo6906

imported post

one is a hand gun, the other is a long arm. I know they need to be shipped to a ffl or you could end up in the pokey....Leonard doesn't want that. lol refering to ones self in 3rd person once and while is funny. so some fedex's will ship some will not, hmm I'll just call.

BobR

imported post

Usually your storefronts won't accept a firearm for shipping. If shipping a long gun, use the post office. If going to a private party (such as an FFL)vs a manufacturer, you will need a copy of his FFL.

Pistols have to go by common carrier (FedEx or UPS) and is expensive because they require overnight as a company policy. You can sometimes save a little bit of money by sending FedEx second day saver or whatever it is called.

Try calling the storefronts before you go, it may save you some gas running around.

bob

scoobydoo6906

imported post

yeah I called a few I am just going to ship ithem though a ffl, I found one that is really reasonable price wise. that's my mission tommorrow.