Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATF Declares All Multiple Buyers of Weapons "Suspicious"

Post imported post

What is this crap?! Are we all suspected criminals because we have more than one weapon?

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...3&src=news
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Banned

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    What is this crap?! Are we all suspected criminals because we have more than one weapon?

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...3&src=news
    i saw this, they gave no reason why they took all those firearms from the guy except that he "wasn't supposed to have them"

Post imported post

10,000 rounds of ammo and only one for-the-media-table of guns?

Rookie.

He should be cited for letting his stockpile drop dangerously low.

Post imported post

And the media serves up another frosty glass of anti-gun Kool-Aid. I'll give 'en this. The folks at BATFEces were not quoted as saying multiple guns were suspicious, only "multiple purchases" ie 2 or more at the same time. I understand George III felt much the same way.

From the Jersey authorities the same tired crap about the guns possibly "falling into the hands of criminals". He did, allegedly, draw attention by trying to buy another firearm because the Jersey "Gun Registry" was notated "NO MORE GUNS". What's this we keep hearing that we are only being paranoid, that "registration" won't be used to find and confiscate arms?? That it's only "common sense gun control"? People in New Jersey ought to excersize "A**hole control by voting the idiots responsible for this out of office.

And instead of Kool-Aid, the media needs to have a nice, tall glass of ****.

Post imported post

Did anyone else note that his 'file' in their 'permit records' was marked 'no MORE guns'.

Not prohibited from owning....prohibited from BUYING MORE....the implication being that the felt he had 'enough/too many' already.:X

Even the voice-over stated that he "wasn't supposed to have any more" guns....not that he "wasn't supposed to have any" guns.

And what does his 'survivalism' have to do with this? Are we now going to see a resurgance of the media bashing those of us who don't trust government like we saw in the nineties?

Formerly Kwajalein atoll, and Iraq. Now Zuni Va

Post imported post

Did anyone catch the part that he had weapons that could penatrate "bullet proof vest" Give me a FREEKING brake
    FREEDOM ISNT FREE. BUT THE UNITED STATES MARINES ARE MORE THAN WILLING TO PAY YOUR SHARE!!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

OH MY GAWD!!! I thought this "couldn't happen here."

Post imported post

yet the politician always say "no one is gonna come for your guns"

Post imported post

Did I just miss it or did they fail to explain why he wasn't "supposed to" have "more"? And WTH about multiple purchases? So if I go down to the gun shop in the next few months and buy his/her matching P229/P226 then I am "suspect"? Or what if I want a 2-gun western rig and buy matching Vaqueros? Am I now "suspect"? Or maybe I just get a good bonus at work and can afford to buy those 2-3 guns I have been eying for a while. I really hope that NJ ****** was talking out of his a$$.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

ATF should be a convenience store. Shut them down.

Post imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
    And the media serves up another frosty glass of anti-gun Kool-Aid. I'll give 'en this. The folks at BATFEces were not quoted as saying multiple guns were suspicious, only "multiple purchases" ie 2 or more at the same time. I understand George III felt much the same way.

From the Jersey authorities the same tired crap about the guns possibly "falling into the hands of criminals". He did, allegedly, draw attention by trying to buy another firearm because the Jersey "Gun Registry" was notated "NO MORE GUNS". What's this we keep hearing that we are only being paranoid, that "registration" won't be used to find and confiscate arms?? That it's only "common sense gun control"? People in New Jersey ought to excersize "A**hole control by voting the idiots responsible for this out of office.

And instead of Kool-Aid, the media needs to have a nice, tall glass of ****.
    Ironically, I rarely make single purchases anymore, only multiple purchases. Why? Because I get flagged in NICS/PICS as needing to have the dealer talk with an operator, which takes an average of 30 minutes per purchase. I always get approved the same day, but I've learned that I can't do more than one or two transactions due to time constraints, so I better make them count. "Shall not be infringed" my f***ing ass.

Unless you're John McCain, in which case my rights aren't being infringed, but merely helping to close that dang "gun show loophole". You know, to make sure that only government-approved people can buy guns legally.

Post imported post

As I said, I am sure George III - you know, the mook we had to kick outta here before we got to be a nation - was also opposed to multiple purchases. And I fear for much the same reason.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

It said in the test box to the right of the video screen that this guy had been barred from purchasing anymore guns 30 years ago. My question would be why was he barred? Was he convicted ofa felony back in 1975?

Post imported post

So we gotta keep some of 'em buried, right?
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    And WTH about multiple purchases? So if I go down to the gun shop in the next few months and buy his/her matching P229/P226 then I am "suspect"? Or what if I want a 2-gun western rig and buy matching Vaqueros? Am I now "suspect"? Or maybe I just get a good bonus at work and can afford to buy those 2-3 guns I have been eying for a while. I really hope that NJ ****** was talking out of his a$$.
    Any time someone purchases more than one handgun from an FFL within 5 days, the FFL is required to submit ATF Form 3310.4.

I have heard of the ATF contacting people after the form is submitting and asking them to prove they still own the handguns--eg they meet somewhere and check the serial numbers.

Post imported post

hirundo82 wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:
    And WTH about multiple purchases? So if I go down to the gun shop in the next few months and buy his/her matching P229/P226 then I am "suspect"? Or what if I want a 2-gun western rig and buy matching Vaqueros? Am I now "suspect"? Or maybe I just get a good bonus at work and can afford to buy those 2-3 guns I have been eying for a while. I really hope that NJ ****** was talking out of his a$$.
    Any time someone purchases more than one handgun from an FFL within 5 days, the FFL is required to submit ATF Form 3310.4.

I have heard of the ATF contacting people after the form is submitting and asking them to prove they still own the handguns--eg they meet somewhere and check the serial numbers.
    I've heard of this too. Perhaps it will be time for a little experiment in about a month or so. To see what recourse the BATFE has when you don't cave to their unconstitutional (like, even SCOTUS-unconstitutional) requests. I mean, I'd mainly like to see the search warrant based on "multiple purchase" as PC. :celebrate

Post imported post

That's it.... I will go and buy 3 TONIGHT at the SAME TIME.... GRRRRRRReven though I don't need any more....:X"Iv'e got your "suspicious" right HERE BATF..."

Morons.

Live Free or DIE!

Free Flight

And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms....The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson in a letter to William S. Smith in 1787. Taken from Jefferson, On Democracy 20, S. Padover ed., 1939

Free Flight

Post imported post

Funny, my file on those NJ cops says clearly: "No more donuts!"
    Those are the fattest cops I've ever seen in my life. Half of them had a hard time breathing through the fat in their throats. No wonder this guy felt he needed to take care of himself.
    Seriously, if you're a cop and you're fat, lose the damn weight or quit the force...

Post imported post

Not to be the devils advocate here but there's obviously more than meets the eye if he's been flagged for 30 years and only now got caught. Multigun purchases have always been flagged to monitor strawman purchases and multistate gun runners. Even in NYS you have people buying multiple firearms each month and not getting hauled in to the cops. I consider it flattering that the ATF thinks I'm a bad guy. Gotta use common sense.

Post imported post

For anyone buying 2 or more handguns within a 5-business-day period, an FFL dealer has to execute form 3310 - report of sale of multiple handguns. This is nothing the buyer is necessarily aware of, but the idea was to track people who were buying lots of pistols who might be fitting out street gangs and such.

Multiple purchases don't take any more time to get approved than single ones - it's the buyer who is getting vetted in a NICS check, not thenumber of guns. In any case, I don't think ATF has any legal standing to demand any accounting of firearms ownership from private citizens, unless they are executing warrants. Just say no.

-ljp

Post imported post

Yeah, it figures. It took the govt30 years to respond to this. Only a bureaucrat could jump out the window andtake a week to hit the ground.

Post imported post

What law gives people the right to tell other people how many guns they can have?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
    I've heard of this too. Perhaps it will be time for a little experiment in about a month or so. To see what recourse the BATFE has when you don't cave to their unconstitutional (like, even SCOTUS-unconstitutional) requests. I mean, I'd mainly like to see the search warrant based on "multiple purchase" as PC. :celebrate
    Weren't the BATFE executing a warrant in Waco a few years back? Be careful what you wish for.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with your sentiment.

Post imported post

We have to remember that this happened in New Jersey.

Apparently they have a law that limits the number of weapons you can own.

They look at it as common sense restrictions.....hay didn't Obama say the same thing in a video quote on another thread?

Remember they will try to take all of your rights eventually.....for the safety of the children.

Tarzan

Post imported post

I wish EVERYONE would stop stroking the egos of the BATFEces goons by letting them have a three-letter acronym that sounds like "FBI" or "CIA"; CID, OSI, DIS, etc. They want to be a big, bad three-letter organization. Well, as far as I am concerned ATF is Automatic Transmission Fluid, a substance mainly useful to those who cannot handle a clutch and need help managing the task. ATF has its place, to be sure but out of place ot creates a mess and bungles up your car. Same deal with the BATFE. only more so.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast