• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ATF Declares All Multiple Buyers of Weapons "Suspicious"

Alexcabbie

imported post

And the media serves up another frosty glass of anti-gun Kool-Aid. I'll give 'en this. The folks at BATFEces were not quoted as saying multiple guns were suspicious, only "multiple purchases" ie 2 or more at the same time. I understand George III felt much the same way.

From the Jersey authorities the same tired crap about the guns possibly "falling into the hands of criminals". He did, allegedly, draw attention by trying to buy another firearm because the Jersey "Gun Registry" was notated "NO MORE GUNS". What's this we keep hearing that we are only being paranoid, that "registration" won't be used to find and confiscate arms?? That it's only "common sense gun control"? People in New Jersey ought to excersize "A**hole control by voting the idiots responsible for this out of office.

And instead of Kool-Aid, the media needs to have a nice, tall glass of STFU.

Phssthpok

imported post

Did anyone else note that his 'file' in their 'permit records' was marked 'no MORE guns'.

Not prohibited from owning....prohibited from BUYING MORE....the implication being that the felt he had 'enough/too many' already.:X

Even the voice-over stated that he "wasn't supposed to have any more" guns....not that he "wasn't supposed to have any" guns.:banghead:

And what does his 'survivalism' have to do with this? Are we now going to see a resurgance of the media bashing those of us who don't trust government like we saw in the nineties?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Did I just miss it or did they fail to explain why he wasn't "supposed to" have "more"? And WTH about multiple purchases? So if I go down to the gun shop in the next few months and buy his/her matching P229/P226 then I am "suspect"? Or what if I want a 2-gun western rig and buy matching Vaqueros? Am I now "suspect"? Or maybe I just get a good bonus at work and can afford to buy those 2-3 guns I have been eying for a while. I really hope that NJ douche was talking out of his a$$.

imperialism2024

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
And the media serves up another frosty glass of anti-gun Kool-Aid. I'll give 'en this. The folks at BATFEces were not quoted as saying multiple guns were suspicious, only "multiple purchases" ie 2 or more at the same time. I understand George III felt much the same way.

From the Jersey authorities the same tired crap about the guns possibly "falling into the hands of criminals". He did, allegedly, draw attention by trying to buy another firearm because the Jersey "Gun Registry" was notated "NO MORE GUNS". What's this we keep hearing that we are only being paranoid, that "registration" won't be used to find and confiscate arms?? That it's only "common sense gun control"? People in New Jersey ought to excersize "A**hole control by voting the idiots responsible for this out of office.

And instead of Kool-Aid, the media needs to have a nice, tall glass of STFU.
Ironically, I rarely make single purchases anymore, only multiple purchases. Why? Because I get flagged in NICS/PICS as needing to have the dealer talk with an operator, which takes an average of 30 minutes per purchase. I always get approved the same day, but I've learned that I can't do more than one or two transactions due to time constraints, so I better make them count. "Shall not be infringed" my f***ing ass.

Unless you're John McCain, in which case my rights aren't being infringed, but merely helping to close that dang "gun show loophole". You know, to make sure that only government-approved people can buy guns legally.:uhoh:

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It said in the test box to the right of the video screen that this guy had been barred from purchasing anymore guns 30 years ago. My question would be why was he barred? Was he convicted ofa felony back in 1975?

hirundo82

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
And WTH about multiple purchases? So if I go down to the gun shop in the next few months and buy his/her matching P229/P226 then I am "suspect"? Or what if I want a 2-gun western rig and buy matching Vaqueros? Am I now "suspect"? Or maybe I just get a good bonus at work and can afford to buy those 2-3 guns I have been eying for a while. I really hope that NJ douche was talking out of his a$$.

Any time someone purchases more than one handgun from an FFL within 5 days, the FFL is required to submit ATF Form 3310.4.

I have heard of the ATF contacting people after the form is submitting and asking them to prove they still own the handguns--eg they meet somewhere and check the serial numbers.

imperialism2024

imported post

hirundo82 wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
And WTH about multiple purchases? So if I go down to the gun shop in the next few months and buy his/her matching P229/P226 then I am "suspect"? Or what if I want a 2-gun western rig and buy matching Vaqueros? Am I now "suspect"? Or maybe I just get a good bonus at work and can afford to buy those 2-3 guns I have been eying for a while. I really hope that NJ douche was talking out of his a$$.
Any time someone purchases more than one handgun from an FFL within 5 days, the FFL is required to submit ATF Form 3310.4.

I have heard of the ATF contacting people after the form is submitting and asking them to prove they still own the handguns--eg they meet somewhere and check the serial numbers.
I've heard of this too. Perhaps it will be time for a little experiment in about a month or so. To see what recourse the BATFE has when you don't cave to their unconstitutional (like, even SCOTUS-unconstitutional) requests. I mean, I'd mainly like to see the search warrant based on "multiple purchase" as PC. :celebrate

Freeflight

Campaign Veteran
imported post

:cuss:That's it.... I will go and buy 3 TONIGHT at the SAME TIME.... GRRRRRRR:cuss:even though I don't need any more....:X"Iv'e got your "suspicious" right HERE BATF..."

Morons.

Live Free or DIE!

Free Flight

ufcfanvt

imported post

Funny, my file on those NJ cops says clearly: "No more donuts!"
Those are the fattest cops I've ever seen in my life. Half of them had a hard time breathing through the fat in their throats. No wonder this guy felt he needed to take care of himself.
Seriously, if you're a cop and you're fat, lose the damn weight or quit the force...

redlegagent

imported post

Not to be the devils advocate here but there's obviously more than meets the eye if he's been flagged for 30 years and only now got caught. Multigun purchases have always been flagged to monitor strawman purchases and multistate gun runners. Even in NYS you have people buying multiple firearms each month and not getting hauled in to the cops. I consider it flattering that the ATF thinks I'm a bad guy. Gotta use common sense. :cool:

Legba

imported post

For anyone buying 2 or more handguns within a 5-business-day period, an FFL dealer has to execute form 3310 - report of sale of multiple handguns. This is nothing the buyer is necessarily aware of, but the idea was to track people who were buying lots of pistols who might be fitting out street gangs and such.

Multiple purchases don't take any more time to get approved than single ones - it's the buyer who is getting vetted in a NICS check, not thenumber of guns. In any case, I don't think ATF has any legal standing to demand any accounting of firearms ownership from private citizens, unless they are executing warrants. Just say no.

-ljp