• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ATF Declares All Multiple Buyers of Weapons "Suspicious"

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
I've heard of this too. Perhaps it will be time for a little experiment in about a month or so. To see what recourse the BATFE has when you don't cave to their unconstitutional (like, even SCOTUS-unconstitutional) requests. I mean, I'd mainly like to see the search warrant based on "multiple purchase" as PC. :celebrate

Weren't the BATFE executing a warrant in Waco a few years back? Be careful what you wish for.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with your sentiment.

tarzan1888

imported post

We have to remember that this happened in New Jersey.

Apparently they have a law that limits the number of weapons you can own.

They look at it as common sense restrictions.....hay didn't Obama say the same thing in a video quote on another thread?

Remember they will try to take all of your rights eventually.....for the safety of the children.

Tarzan

Alexcabbie

imported post

I wish EVERYONE would stop stroking the egos of the BATFEces goons by letting them have a three-letter acronym that sounds like "FBI" or "CIA"; CID, OSI, DIS, etc. They want to be a big, bad three-letter organization. Well, as far as I am concerned ATF is Automatic Transmission Fluid, a substance mainly useful to those who cannot handle a clutch and need help managing the task. ATF has its place, to be sure but out of place ot creates a mess and bungles up your car. Same deal with the BATFE. only more so.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

My dueling pistols are a matched set. since they came in the same case, does that
make it a single purchase and i'm still safe?

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
I wish EVERYONE would stop stroking the egos of the BATFEces goons by letting them have a three-letter acronym that sounds like "FBI" or "CIA"; CID, OSI, DIS, etc. They want to be a big, bad three-letter organization.
Maybe they are worried, the way california and other far left coastal regions
are going the 'T' is slowly being banned. The the 'A' and then they are stuck with
a plane ol' "F" job.
Death by attrition of alphabet......:celebrate

Teej

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
My dueling pistols are a matched set. since they came in the same case, does that
make it a single purchase and i'm still safe?

I had a set of those once. Big disappointment.

Took 'em out of their case and they just....sat there.

Dueling my ***. :p

imperialism2024

imported post

cccook wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
I've heard of this too. Perhaps it will be time for a little experiment in about a month or so. To see what recourse the BATFE has when you don't cave to their unconstitutional (like, even SCOTUS-unconstitutional) requests. I mean, I'd mainly like to see the search warrant based on "multiple purchase" as PC. :celebrate

Weren't the BATFE executing a warrant in Waco a few years back? Be careful what you wish for.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with your sentiment.
Ai. Anyone know where to pick up some surplus Czech hedgehogs? :?

imported post

redlegagent wrote:
Not to be the devils advocate here but there's obviously more than meets the eye if he's been flagged for 30 years and only now got caught. Multigun purchases have always been flagged to monitor strawman purchases and multistate gun runners. Even in NYS you have people buying multiple firearms each month and not getting hauled in to the cops. I consider it flattering that the ATF thinks I'm a bad guy. Gotta use common sense. :cool:
lmao

Alexcabbie

imported post

Seems to me that the current disrespect for the 2nd Amendment springs from the disregard for the 9th and 10th amendments that has ben going on much longer than the current 2A debate. Specifically the enumeraton of certain rights shall not be held to disparage other rights held by the States or the People, and that any rights not specifically granted to the Federal Government are reserved to the States and the People. This is illustrated in a certain case that I keep mispronuncing as "millard v fillmore" but it was about a farmer who grew more than his Government-mandated "quota" of wheat. He wS FINED AND APPEALED ON THE GROUNDS THAT THE WHEAT WAS FOR HIS FAMILY'S CONSUMPTION but the SCOTUS held that since his family would then not buy bread made from wheat traded in "Interstate Commerce", then Federal intervention was warranted under the "Interstate commerce" clause. Eff Roe v. Wade, THIS decision is the one SCOTUS decision that needs to be overturned, If you look at the various Federal laws that intrude on your life you will find that almost all of them are based on a screwy stretch of the "interstate commerce" clause. At some point the idiotg politicians found that the 'Interstate Commerce"clause provided a loophole you can drive a truck through. In the view of some politicians, if the iron ore used to make patio furniture passed through two states, that gives the Feds the right to regulate anything made fron it. Friends, THIS IS BULL SHIT. The assault on the 2A began with the castration of the 9A and 10 A, and continues to this day. And it is not only gun rights that are at stake. Abuse of the Interstate Commerce Clause is at the root of all evil done to our rights, gun and otherwise. Correct me if I am wrong.

imperialism2024

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Seems to me that the current disrespect for the 2nd Amendment springs from the disregard for the 9th and 10th amendments that has ben going on much longer than the current 2A debate. Specifically the enumeraton of certain rights shall not be held to disparage other rights held by the States or the People, and that any rights not specifically granted to the Federal Government are reserved to the States and the People. This is illustrated in a certain case that I keep mispronuncing as "millard v fillmore" but it was about a farmer who grew more than his Government-mandated "quota" of wheat. He wS FINED AND APPEALED ON THE GROUNDS THAT THE WHEAT WAS FOR HIS FAMILY'S CONSUMPTION but the SCOTUS held that since his family would then not buy bread made from wheat traded in "Interstate Commerce", then Federal intervention was warranted under the "Interstate commerce" clause. Eff Roe v. Wade, THIS decision is the one SCOTUS decision that needs to be overturned, If you look at the various Federal laws that intrude on your life you will find that almost all of them are based on a screwy stretch of the "interstate commerce" clause. At some point the idiotg politicians found that the 'Interstate Commerce"clause provided a loophole you can drive a truck through. In the view of some politicians, if the iron ore used to make patio furniture passed through two states, that gives the Feds the right to regulate anything made fron it. Friends, THIS IS BULL @#$%. The assault on the 2A began with the castration of the 9A and 10 A, and continues to this day. And it is not only gun rights that are at stake. Abuse of the Interstate Commerce Clause is at the root of all evil done to our rights, gun and otherwise. Correct me if I am wrong.
You're absolutely correct.

Unfortunately, the two major political parties care nothing of the 9th and 10th amendments. And for good reason: the American people, lazy unprincipled idiots they are, have accepted socialized programs (both economic and moral/"security"-related) as a requirement of Federal government.

The dialogue should not be about what your candidates are going to do for you, but rather what they're not going to do. But that dialogue is not going to occur until all of the "lesser of two evils" cowards begin voting with their consciences instead of hysterical notions about who's going to steal more of their rights faster.

Bringing it back to the OT, though... the BATFE will continue on their mission to harass and intimidate gun owners so long as our two political parties continue to exploit the "interstate commerce" clause to further their own agendas of meddling with the lives of Americans.

Evil Ernie

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
We have to remember that this happened in New Jersey.

Apparently they have a law that limits the number of weapons you can own.

They look at it as common sense restrictions.....hay didn't Obama say the same thing in a video quote on another thread?

Remember they will try to take all of your rights eventually.....for the safety of the children.

Tarzan

Good catch Tarzan!

I believe this is a NJ rule and not ATF. You can have ATF approval (via NICS) for firearms, but if the state has a ruling, then it's a no go.

For instance, NJ wants to institute the now infamous "one gun a month" law. This doesn't impact BATFE whatsoever. In fact BATFE could care less since it isn't their law.

As far as the BATFE is concerned, this guy may be perfectly legal to purchase but because of stupid rule, NJ law forbids it. This guy probably didn't pay a parking ticket or his child support.

Not once did I see a Fed in the video, only morbidly obese cops. I'm not a basher of the po-po, but that dude was truly a pig.

Thundar

imported post

esstac wrote:
Is there a breakdown of the firearms he had? From the video it looked like he only had 6 rifles and about 10-12 pistols, no where near the "Dozens of firearms" :?

Yes, but don't you see how scary it is!!! This guy has been out there with guns for THIRTY YEARS. Amazing that those guns have not gone out and shot somebody.

Hopefully theanswer to your question is that the gun grabbing JBTs could not find all of this citizens private property to confiscate.

Hence my earlier comment about buried weapons. Keep some of your weapons in a placewhere the JBTs cannot find them.