• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Students for concealed carry competition

tito887

imported post

I frequent the SCCC facebook page and there was another thread discussing the pros/cons of concealed/open carry. At one point scott lewis was worried that the push by us here for open carry in texas will hurt their chances of getting legislation passed for college carry. If concealed carry is permitted in TX that would advance the argument that concealed carry on campus is not dangerous and scary.

The reason they are pushing for TX is that it is the second most populated state having public universities. It's just interesting that some people think that the push for open carry could hurt the college carry reform in this country. Some of them are not so receptive for open carry since there really is no choice except for Utah.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

tito887 wrote:
I frequent the SCCC facebook page and there was another thread discussing the pros/cons of concealed/open carry. At one point scott lewis was worried that the push by us here for open carry in texas will hurt their chances of getting legislation passed for college carry. If concealed carry is permitted in TX that would advance the argument that concealed carry on campus is not dangerous and scary.

The reason they are pushing for TX is that it is the second most populated state having public universities. It's just interesting that some people think that the push for open carry could hurt the college carry reform in this country. Some of them are not so receptive for open carry since there really is no choice except for Utah.

Out of sight, out of mind. If they ever do let us carry to school you can bet it won't be openly. Although I don't see the general open carry movement as hurting CC on campus, if you're trying to push for OC on campus that'll definitely sink your ship pretty fast.

AbNo

imported post

I'd agree with AWD. I don't think most people will co-relate the two.

Also, I must say I enjoy a school that allows CC, even though I don't have a permit.

I just know a few people that (have told me) they carry. :celebrate