• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for a link...

RichB 99GTP

imported post

First they took away rifles, but I didn't own a rifle so I did nothing

[snip]

Then they came to take my handgun and there was no one left to help me......

Looking for a link to this poem/statement, whatever you might call it. It is usually buried in the middle of a post and is hard as heck to find.

Any help?

Thanks!!

RichB 99GTP

imported post

Thank you very much RodBender! :)

I appreciate your input and will absolutely post that!

I was actually looking for the one that specifically mentioned different types of weapons. I recall seeing it somewhat recently and was hoping that some one might recall a link to that post.

I'm trying to counter a post on another website that asks "why do we need assault weapons" ( http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96605&page=2; the site requires registration, so I don't expect many to be able to see it.)

My goal is to get across the point that it never stops at assault weapons, it always escalates into further bans on our liberties.

Thanks much for the link!!:)

Harper1227

imported post

Probably not the specific one you were looking for, there seems to be a lot of versions.

First they came for the machine guns, and I didn’t speak up because I had no machine guns.
Then they came for the “assault weapons,” and I didn't speak up because I had no assault weapons.
Then they came for the rifles, and I didn't speak up because I had no rifles.
Then they came for the handguns, and I didn't speak up because I had no handguns.
Finally, they came for my double-barreled shotgun, and I only managed to kill two of them.
(before they mowed me down with their machine guns, assault weapons, rifles and handguns (while I was trying to reload)).

http://rexcurry.net/commentary/neimoller.html

another one...

First they came for the people with Assault Rifles,
and I did not speak out because I did not own an Assault Rifle.
Then they came for the people with .50 caliber Rifles
and I did not speak out because I did not own a .50 caliber Rifle.
Then they came for the people with Pistols,
and I did not speak out because I did not own a Pistol.
Then they came for my Hunting Rifles,
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=144909