Thread: Road trip from VA

Post imported post

Hi folks. I'll be making a road trip from VA where I OC. We don't require a permit, but I understand one is required in TN. Do I need to lock my weapon up in my trunk when I enter TN, or do I just unload it? Does the amo need to be kept seperately?

Post imported post

buster81 wrote:
    Hi folks. I'll be making a road trip from VA where I OC. We don't require a permit, but I understand one is required in TN. Do I need to lock my weapon up in my trunk when I enter TN, or do I just unload it? Does the amo need to be kept seperately?
    You best bet is to get a Virginia CHL soyou can carry openly or concealed in Tennessee.

While I am not sure about transport in TN besides unloaded and locked in a container, be aware that it is a felony to carry a firearm concealed or not without a permit, so you best bet is get a Virginia CHL.

Post imported post

Unloaded and ammo and gun stored separately.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

Jared wrote:
    be aware that it is a felony to carry a firearm concealed or not without a permit,
    That's why I was planning on unloading it. Are you saying it's a felony to conceal an unloaded handgun?