Thread: Questions about New Hampshire firearm permit

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Hi all -

Just got my NH non resident permit in the mail today. I was surprised that the id card was the only thing in the envelope. No info on rules, laws, etc. I know it only cost $20 but it kind of looks like a cheap library card.

Was I supposed to get some paperwork/info with it?

Jim

James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

mdgary

Post imported post

NOPE! thats it -It isthe resposibility of the permit holder to learn the gun laws for each state thatyou plan to visit while packing. I have a NH permit to and thats all that camein my envelope A cheap little card, but it's worth it!

Post imported post

We're frugal, up heah in New England.

Post imported post

ProShooter - by "cheap library card" - is it cardstock like our new temporary drivers licenses, or is it still a plastic card?

Post imported post

mvpel wrote:
    ProShooter - by "cheap library card" - is it cardstock like our new temporary drivers licenses, or is it still a plastic card?
    NH permit is far superior quality to the Virginia permit Virginia is just a piece of paper, NH is a plastic card at least.

Post imported post

What I'm wondering, MKL, is whether in the wake of a record-shattering 17% budget increase, the Democrats are trying to fill their $50 million budget hole by replacing the plastic card with the same black & white paper card that they've put out for the new temporary drivers licenses.

Post imported post

My NH permit is a plastic card like a credit card. It doesn't have a picture on it but I didn't send them one other than a xerox copy of my SC permit. Since they put all the laws on the Internet I don't see a real need for sending anything with it and a permit holder should be responsible enough to look up the laws themselves. Do they send a copy of all the driving laws with your Drivers License?

Post imported post

mvpel wrote:
    What I'm wondering, MKL, is whether in the wake of a record-shattering 17% budget increase, the Democrats are trying to fill their $50 million budget hole by replacing the plastic card with the same black & white paper card that they've put out for the new temporary drivers licenses.
    I just got my NH license less than a month ago, and it was the plastic.

Post imported post

at least those that get non-resident permits get plastic ones.those that getresident permitsget asimple piece of paper..

of course i made a resized photo copy of it and then laminated it so i can keep it in my wallet..i know i don't need it while OCing but in the event whileduring amotor vehical stop,the LEO sees gun and asks if i have permit..this way i have proof and cop doesn't take up any more of my time to check back with the dept..