• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond police officer charged in false-info case

buster81

imported post

Anyone know what this is about?

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2008-09-11-0190.html

Richmond police officer charged in false-info case
Thursday, Sep 11, 2008 - 06:57 AMUpdated: 07:34 AM

A Richmond police officer has been placed on leave after he was charged in a false-information case.

The department said officer Carlos Martin was charged yesterday with two misdemeanor counts of false summons or giving false reports to law enforcement officials.

The department would not release details of the case other than to say the arrest grew from a citizen complaint and was being investigated by the department's office of professional responsibility in consultation with Richmond Commonwealth's Attorney Michael N. Herring.

Martin, 34 and a five-year member of the department, has been placed on leave without pay.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

razor_baghdad wrote:

Since officer Martin seems to find a lot of "Illegal" handguns, he should qualify as an OC subject.

He's an outstanding officer from the above, wonder what he did and how many illegal handguns were involved.
I suspect he was just packing the books with unwarranted stops...you know...

"Pardon... What are you talking about?

Because I may trust grandma and not a guy that]looks ]like a gang member... I am profiling?
If it walks like a duck andtalks like a duck.... it may very well BE a duck. Until I know it is a crow.... I am going to have to go with what I know.
"

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=15435&forum_id=54&highlight=if+it+looks+like+a+duck