Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Invasion Robbers Pose as Police

Post imported post

http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstor...e-3b8f35c3f391

Police are looking for a some thieves after a home invasion robbery in North Jacksonville. JSO says the three were wearing masks when they cut the power to the home and barged in like a swat team.

They told the two victims inside they were JSO Swat and pointed guns at their heads. The three stole the victims cash, cell phones, and some prescription medication.

"I though they were cops," says one of the victims. Police do not have much of a description of the suspects, but according to the police report the armed men left behind a cell phone.
    some issues rise if people bust down your door looking like cops...

Post imported post

Mr. Springfield would dothe talking for me...
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

in the heat of the situation...if they look like cops...do you hesitate? if they are cops, you're in doo doo...

Post imported post

This has been going on for years where crews pretend to be the police and break in.

It is a personal decision, but do you want to risk winding up like Ryan Frederick or cory maye or bound and tied begging for your life or one of the many people that the police have shot and killed while carrying the remote, holding a shirt, etc...

Post imported post

Being a former cop and having participated in many raids myself,I could tell immediately if they were real or not.
    Bitka Sve Rešava!

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    Being a former cop and having participated in many raids myself,I could tell immediately if they were real or not.
    some of us have not been fortunate enough to have our doors kicked in by cops.

Around here, criminals are blatant and stupid...most wind up dead in home invasions.

Post imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
    ODA 226 wrote:
    some of us have not been fortunate enough to have our doors kicked in by cops.

Around here, criminals are blatant and stupid...most wind up dead in home invasions.
    As it should be!
    Bitka Sve Rešava!

Post imported post

The fact that they were dressed as police wouldn't even enter into my thinking, as I have done nothing in a LONG time to warrant any police interest of any type, I would automatically assume they were BG's and respond accordingly.
    If after it was all said and done they did turn out to be police then I would have to deal with it at that point.

"It is better to be judged by 12 then be carried by 6" or god forbid have my wife or children get carried by 6!!

Post imported post

Has anyone proven they were not really cops? :what:
    Revelation 1911 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Post imported post

mobeewan wrote:
    Extremely interesting questions. I brought up the same question with my State Senator yesterday. I asked why we can be disarmed by police during a traffic stop because in this day and time we are not sure we don't need protection from them. Here in Austin there have been a few (3-4) cases of cops forcing women to have sex during traffic stops.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

Guido wrote:
    The fact that they were dressed as police wouldn't even enter into my thinking, as I have done nothing in a LONG time to warrant any police interest of any type, I would automatically assume they were BG's and respond accordingly.
    If after it was all said and done they did turn out to be police then I would have to deal with it at that point.

"It is better to be judged by 12 then be carried by 6" or god forbid have my wife or children get carried by 6!!
    good point. i got nothing to fear...no reason for my door to be kicked down by Metro..

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    But could you tell if it was rogue cops who were conducting the illegal raids?

We recently had a case of that here in Southern California, complete with the "cops" using an official police car.

Post imported post

I'd like to think I'd grab the shotteh and take my chances. In the off chance it is cops raiding my house they have no business being there and need to be put down.

mdgary

Post imported post

First of all,before police raid a house They set up survallence.If they do it right then they would see there is no criminal activityoccuring at my home.So any raid on my home would be considered a felony raid to me and acted on accordingly,namely with a S&W M&P .40.

Post imported post

mdgary wrote:
    First of all,before police raid a house They set up survallence.If they do it right then they would see there is no criminal activityoccuring at my home.So any raid on my home would be considered a felony raid to me and acted on accordingly,namely with a S&W M&P .40.

Correction, the cops are suppossed to do survellence on a suspect building. I've always understood that to bea basic part of a investigation butwith the numerous raids where they've hit the wrong house it's obvious that they dont do survellance. I ofton wonder if they do any investigating of any kind.
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Post imported post

mobeewan wrote:
    The story said Jacksonville,NOT Chicago!
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

MetalChris wrote:
    In the off chance it is cops raiding my house they have no business being there.
    Check-Roger ghostrider. One should have a pretty good idea of any reasons that'll entice the cops to come knocking (or dynamic-entry'ing), or a lack of reasons.

But theability of LEOs to serve knockless warrants w/ dynamic-entry is pretty scary when what happened in Virginia can occur with little-to-no cause. That, and thetactics commonly used "professional"bail-enforcement agents, is just asking for a real tragedy.

LEOs or bail-enforcementserving the wrong house, criminals dressed as cops (or rogue ones), or just plain BGs....ifall of the above have no right visiting, theywill be greeted by Mr. 7.62, Parabellum, or Magnum.

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    Some tips please!
    I’m proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

mdgary wrote:

Either that or a tip from an unidentified informant.

Post imported post

Rural area here.I know all the cops and they know me. Would never be a problem, but people in the big cities.......:shock:

Post imported post

Since there is no reason that cops should be raiding my house, I'd have to assume they were not cops.

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    Ditto

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    Thundar wrote:
    jbone wrote:
    ODA 226 wrote:
    Some tips please!
    1. Has your dog been murdered?:shock:

2. Is there a slight odor of donuts?
    All joking aside, does the homeowner have an obligation to determine whether the home assault is government sanctioned before defending his or her family?
    <-- Not this homeowner.

Post imported post

Mr44Magnum wrote:
    ODA 226 wrote:
    Ditto
    Ditto What!

Tips please!
    I’m proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

Anybody forcing their way into my home will be met with gunfire. When the gunfire stops, I hope to be the last man standing. At that point, I'll take the time to ID the dead guy(s) who broke into my home.

If I'm dead, I'm dead, so it won't matter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast