• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Home Invasion Robbers Pose as Police

yeahYeah

imported post

http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstories/story.aspx?content_id=a995063c-4ce0-4feb-adce-3b8f35c3f391

Police are looking for a some thieves after a home invasion robbery in North Jacksonville. JSO says the three were wearing masks when they cut the power to the home and barged in like a swat team.

They told the two victims inside they were JSO Swat and pointed guns at their heads. The three stole the victims cash, cell phones, and some prescription medication.

"I though they were cops," says one of the victims. Police do not have much of a description of the suspects, but according to the police report the armed men left behind a cell phone.
some issues rise if people bust down your door looking like cops...

codename_47

imported post

This has been going on for years where crews pretend to be the police and break in.

It is a personal decision, but do you want to risk winding up like Ryan Frederick or cory maye or bound and tied begging for your life or one of the many people that the police have shot and killed while carrying the remote, holding a shirt, etc...

ODA 226

imported post

Being a former cop and having participated in many raids myself,I could tell immediately if they were real or not.

yeahYeah

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
Being a former cop and having participated in many raids myself,I could tell immediately if they were real or not.
some of us have not been fortunate enough to have our doors kicked in by cops.

Around here, criminals are blatant and stupid...most wind up dead in home invasions.

ODA 226

imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
some of us have not been fortunate enough to have our doors kicked in by cops.

Around here, criminals are blatant and stupid...most wind up dead in home invasions.
As it should be!

Guido

imported post

The fact that they were dressed as police wouldn't even enter into my thinking, as I have done nothing in a LONG time to warrant any police interest of any type, I would automatically assume they were BG's and respond accordingly.
If after it was all said and done they did turn out to be police then I would have to deal with it at that point.

"It is better to be judged by 12 then be carried by 6" or god forbid have my wife or children get carried by 6!! :uhoh:

rodbender

imported post

mobeewan wrote:
Has anyone proven they were not really cops? :what:
Extremely interesting questions. I brought up the same question with my State Senator yesterday. I asked why we can be disarmed by police during a traffic stop because in this day and time we are not sure we don't need protection from them. Here in Austin there have been a few (3-4) cases of cops forcing women to have sex during traffic stops.

yeahYeah

imported post

Guido wrote:
The fact that they were dressed as police wouldn't even enter into my thinking, as I have done nothing in a LONG time to warrant any police interest of any type, I would automatically assume they were BG's and respond accordingly.
If after it was all said and done they did turn out to be police then I would have to deal with it at that point.

"It is better to be judged by 12 then be carried by 6" or god forbid have my wife or children get carried by 6!! :uhoh:
good point. i got nothing to fear...no reason for my door to be kicked down by Metro..

sjalterego

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:

But could you tell if it was rogue cops who were conducting the illegal raids?

We recently had a case of that here in Southern California, complete with the "cops" using an official police car.

MetalChris

imported post

I'd like to think I'd grab the shotteh and take my chances. In the off chance it is cops raiding my house they have no business being there and need to be put down.

M

mdgary

imported post

First of all,before police raid a house They set up survallence.If they do it right then they would see there is no criminal activityoccuring at my home.So any raid on my home would be considered a felony raid to me and acted on accordingly,namely with a S&W M&P .40.

Huck

imported post

mdgary wrote:
First of all,before police raid a house They set up survallence.If they do it right then they would see there is no criminal activityoccuring at my home.So any raid on my home would be considered a felony raid to me and acted on accordingly,namely with a S&W M&P .40.
Correction, the cops are suppossed to do survellence on a suspect building. I've always understood that to bea basic part of a investigation butwith the numerous raids where they've hit the wrong house it's obvious that they dont do survellance. I ofton wonder if they do any investigating of any kind.

AnaxImperator

imported post

MetalChris wrote:
In the off chance it is cops raiding my house they have no business being there.

Check-Roger ghostrider. One should have a pretty good idea of any reasons that'll entice the cops to come knocking (or dynamic-entry'ing), or a lack of reasons.

But theability of LEOs to serve knockless warrants w/ dynamic-entry is pretty scary when what happened in Virginia can occur with little-to-no cause. That, and thetactics commonly used "professional"bail-enforcement agents, is just asking for a real tragedy.

LEOs or bail-enforcementserving the wrong house, criminals dressed as cops (or rogue ones), or just plain BGs....ifall of the above have no right visiting, theywill be greeted by Mr. 7.62, Parabellum, or Magnum.

jbone

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
Some tips please!

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mdgary wrote:
Either that or a tip from an unidentified informant.