• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia MTN Jack movement Open carry any place any time not prohibited by law

Thundar

imported post

Why are we tip toeing around the political rallies as if the presence of law abiding gun owners is somehow not O.K. when the "ruling class" comes to town?

Why are we timid and shy about acting like free men. Is our republic really so corroded that we live in fear notfor retribution for an illegal act, but because we might make government officials uneasy?

We are free men. Why do we act like subjects?

Who else will open carry in the vicinity of political rallies because we are Americans?

ufcfanvt

imported post

Problem is we're well-fed, fat, happy subjects. Life can't get better than in the USA 2008.
When faced w/ the prospect of that being taken away humans can easily, and almost always do, become corpulent slaves.

I would suggest being very polite when confronted, dressing impeccably, and carrying a sign stating exactly what you're doing ("Do I have a RKBA here at this location Obama?", "Open Carry Rights Forever", etc).

Are you planning to do one yourself? Make an Evite.

We could even schedule a march on the periphery of the event and when denied license, we could sue (remember the ACLU backing of the Nazi's of Skokie, IL?)