• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about LEO ride a long...

Alec411

imported post

So when you say 'you must have the same insight as the rest of us', exactly what do you mean?

One of the things I love aboutthe 2nd Amendment is thatit insures the existance of the first!

We don't walk lock-step & opinions will vary. Discussion should be polite, on point, and carried on without name calling!

Alec411

imported post

So when you say 'you must have the same insight as the rest of us', exactly what do you mean?

One of the things I love aboutthe 2nd Amendment is thatit insures the existance of the first!

We don't walk lock-step & opinions will vary. Discussion should be polite, on point, and carried on without name calling!

Alec411

imported post

Alec411

imported post

Alec411

imported post

Alec411

imported post

Alec411

imported post

Alec411

imported post

Alec411

imported post

Alec411

imported post

Alec411

imported post

Sonora Rebel

imported post

no carry permit ? wrote:
Yep I'm sure carrying during a ride a long is a "constitutional right" just ask the idiots that support the nut that was carrying around the Obama SPEECH SITE in Pa and was arrested. Personally I hope they convict the nut and grind his gun up into dust.

Do you actually own/carry a sidearm? Openly... Concealed? I think not.

Methinks thou art a mindless anti-gun, anti-Christian, anti-Constitutional pro-StalinistTroll. 'Take a... 'how you say... HIKE?

freesignal

imported post

no carry permit ? wrote:
Nope, I just find the level of stupidity here amazing. Guys that need to ask about carrying while on a police ride along, a fool carrying to the area surrounding an Obama event in PA, and scores of open carry folks that don't think about the repercussions of their foolishness on everyone else. We could easily see open carry regulated away.  Carrying of weapons can be regulated by States. It will not surprise me if some of the fools here are used as examples of why banning open carry is necessary. Some of you bizarre wackos ( like the Bible carrying /open carry fool in PA ) are seeking to create confrontations and then scream when they get what they went looking for. So yes I hope they convict the PA/ Bible nut and grind his gun to dust.

One of the main purposes of this site is to EDUCATE and discuss hypotheticals. To an Arizona resident who has the right to (for the most part) open-carry a sidearm freely, this is a legitimate question. Perhaps, the OP regularly open-carries without question and doesn't patronize establishments that do not allow OCing. As a taxpayer, maybe he wishes to go on a ride-a-long with an officer of his local law enforcement just to get a better understanding of the way things work. There aren't any laws stating you can't be in possession of a firearm while in the presence of a LEO. So, because he DOES have common sense and thinks there IS a possibility that OCing or CCing is not allowed on ride-a-longs he decides to do some research (like many people do before doing something that they think could be illegal or not allowed) so that he doesn't look ignorant and show up the night/day of the ride-a-long with a sidearm. It's all about perspective. From MY perspective, you're a f*cking moron, but from YOUR perspective, you may disagree. See? It's like I said before, this site is all about EDUCATION. :D

KBCraig

imported post

no carry permit ? wrote:
Nope, I just find the level of stupidity hereamazing. Guys that need to ask about carrying while on a police ride along, a fool carrying to the area surrounding an Obama event in PA, and scores of open carry folks that don't think about the repercussions of their foolishness on everyone else. We could easily see open carry regulated away.
Yup, there you have it: "Don't exercise your rights, or you might scare people and lose your rights!"

:banghead: