Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC-Renton Wallmart-employee said it was against policy

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar

Post imported post

And not just any employee, but a guy that works at the ammo desk, who should know better.

I walk in, ask for two boxes of .40, he puts them on the counter and says something like "I know you're LEO so it's ok if you carry in here." I said "I'm ok?" He said "yeah because you are LEO, and I'm not supposed to do this but can I see your I.D.?" WTF? Then I said, "I am not LEO and you cannot see my ID" (I guess he could have justified it to see if I was 21, but not to see if I was LEO) Him: Blank Stare/silence/jaw drop."Well then you're not allowed to carry in here, that is our policy. You will scare the customers and a customer called the cops the other day on someone carrying." There were also two other employees there and they also agreed that it was against store policy. (Funny how I didn't have a problem less than a week ago when I was in my bus uniform and obviously not LEO) I was in a hurry so I said something lame like "Oh really", paid for the ammo and left.

I know I should have corrected him and/or sought out his manager and asked to see the written store policy andaskthem to re-train the employees. I didn't even have a pamphlet, as evidently we are out of the good ones and my printer is low on ink.

Then I stopped at Texaco on Central/James in Kent and had to go in to pay(twice) andI didn't have a problem.

Post imported post

I though it was already shown on another post WAL-MARTwas carryfriendly and followed State law?
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

It was. I think there was even a letter saying it was cool.

Post imported post

I was told to disarm up in Oak Harbor at our WalMart Store and had to comply... I was told the same thing by a Security Fellow who worked my guess as a roving Securtity Emloyee to handle the region. He told me that customers were complaining.

Post imported post

I've OCed their quite a few times and have not encountered people who quote this "policy". Apparently it's only applied selectively to whomever is in the wrong area at the wrong time.

Post imported post

Lots of employees think just because they can't carry firearms, nobody can. Of course they would be wrong. Unless themanager tells you to leave, you just ask to speak to the manager(not some assistant either, the Store Manger only) and the ammo desk guy isn't any smarter than anyone else workin for Wally's.

Post imported post

Jarhead and I oC'ed in the Walmart in Federal waythe other day,also went to the ammo counter and all over the store and no one said a word.I wonder what their policy really is....

Post imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
    Jarhead and I oC'ed in the Walmart in Federal waythe other day,also went to the ammo counter and all over the store and no one said a word.I wonder what their policy really is....
    “Wal-Mart corporate policy is to mirrors State law”.

Try here:

Wal Mart Corp Security Chief,

253-770-4399

It used to be Jason Schmidt, but he transfered to Nevada.

Post imported post

Dukester wrote:
    I was told to disarm up in Oak Harbor at our WalMart Store and had to comply... I was told the same thing by a Security Fellow who worked my guess as a roving Securtity Emloyee to handle the region. He told me that customers were complaining.
    It’s amazing how just because another customer complains they feel need the need to have a person disarm, I thought we were customers as well. We follow State law and the favorable corp. policy but yet we are second class customers to rouge employees with no knowledge of their own corporation polices.

All: this needs to be revisited with the WAL-MART corp. I’ll be happy to send a similar letter that I send to Lowes (see me Lowes post) to Wal-Mart.
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar

Post imported post

Walmart policy is that they follow STATE LAW for CUSTOMERS.

EMPLOYEES on the other hand are not allowed to carry any weapons. I am fairly sure this is the policy they are citing and getting it mixed up.

Post imported post

jbone wrote:
    Dukester wrote:
    It’s amazing how just because another customer complains they feel need the need to have a person disarm, I thought we were customers as well. We follow State law and the favorable corp. policy but yet we are second class customers to rouge employees with no knowledge of their own corporation polices.

All: this needs to be revisited with the WAL-MART corp. I’ll be happy to send a similar letter that I send to Lowes (see me Lowes post) to Wal-Mart.
    Jbone - If you do follow up on this please post your findings. I haven't oc at our local Walmart since I had the run in and was told to disarm. I wish I could have a copy of an official letter or email so I could present to the Manager.

Thanks...

Post imported post

Dukester wrote:
    jbone wrote:
    Dukester wrote:

Jbone - If you do follow up on this please post your findings. I haven't oc at our local Walmart since I had the run in and was told to disarm. I wish I could have a copy of an official letter or email so I could present to the Manager.

Thanks...
    Why haven't youmade an appointment to see the manager on this issue, rather than believing some moron on the floor? The manager will have the policy without you having to prove crap with a letter from anyone elses work. Do something for yourself for once.

Post imported post

Per 563 in the Idaho forum
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum20/13152-2.html

Posted: Fri Jul 11th, 2008 01:03 pm[img]images/spacer.gif[/img]

Just got another call from a Walmart employee in regards to my email complaint. the guys name is Dennis, I forgot his Job title already. but here is what he says.

Seems my email made the rounds of some of the Marketing managers, Tori (208-467-7313) and the Asset protection manager Toby (no number given).

Dennis informed me that they instructed the Managers in this store to abide by state law and to allow the legal carrying of Firearms. but Dennis went on to say that they discourage people from carrying firearms into walmart.

I mentioned that J.R. the store manager called me earlier to tell me they "do not allow firearms" Dennis told me he should not have told me that, as that goes agiasnt corporate policy, and the email sent down by the regional manager (tori) and asset protection manager (toby). and is confused as to why he told me that.

In addition, Dennis told me this was the first compliant in in 6 yrs they have recieved in regards to the Firearm policy at this location, I wanted to call Bull@#$%, but kept it civil, so for those of you that had problems with this location. please keep those complaint's coming. this will definately keep heat on this store manager until he complies with corporate policy, or bust him down to greeter status.

Dennis said he has also educated the Greeters on the policy, and the greeter that gave me grief about my firearm. so we'll see on my next return visit, but agian, Dennis re-interated that they discourage customers from bringing in firearms.

Gonna have to shoot off another email to corporate now about J.R. putting his personal policy above corporate and regional managers policy.

Post imported post

Dukester wrote:
    jbone wrote:
    Dukester wrote:

Thanks...
    Sent a letter to Corporate HQ today,will post results when I get.

Post imported post

Looking for definitive proof on Wal-mart...

Posted: Mon Sep 15th, 2008 07:15 am

This effort to elicit any precise statement of OC policy is going to be fruitless -unless W/M posting a "NO DISPLAY OF FIREARMS ON THIS PROPERTY" will satisfy our yearnings for clarification as to whether or not "it's OK to OC" on their property. Our efforts to press W/M for a clear statement are beginning to beseige their C/S center.

They seem to be "stuck" between not wanting OC, but concerned about a financial backlash if they state a clear anti-OC policy. I would back off and leave it alone. W/M has no desire to be the "poster child" for the OC movement- one way or the other.

If you prefer to OC rather than CC - do so like you have every right, justification, and intention to do so, and present and conduct yourselves like someone any reasonable person would expect to see armed. If their Mgr asks you not to OC- respect his position - and spend your $$$ somewhere else. Unless there is an incident wherein the OC is targeted with an unjustified MWG/911 response , we really need to get off their back. We don't want to come ashore like a hurricane. Just MHO.

Last edited on Mon Sep 15th, 2008 08:02 am by SANDCREEK

Post imported post

I received a call from the corporate security guy a couple of months ago. He was responding to an inquiry I made on their web form. That particular one did not contain any reference to firearm, but was looking for the contact person who handled security in WA at the corp level.

We talked on the phone, he didn't have an answer. I gave him my email, he gave me his. He said he would get back to me in the next week. Three weeks goes by and I sent him an email, just to see if he wrote mine incorrectly. That was two weeks ago. I don't need a lot of hints that this is going nowhere.

I have let this drop. I thought it would be nice to have a name and number along with a solid answer on corporate policy, but it appears that Wal-Mart has fallen into an ambiguous state and prefers to remain that way.

Post imported post

Gene Beasley wrote:
    I received a call from the corporate security guy a couple of months ago. He was responding to an inquiry I made on their web form. That particular one did not contain any reference to firearm, but was looking for the contact person who handled security in WA at the corp level.

We talked on the phone, he didn't have an answer. I gave him my email, he gave me his. He said he would get back to me in the next week. Three weeks goes by and I sent him an email, just to see if he wrote mine incorrectly. That was two weeks ago. I don't need a lot of hints that this is going nowhere.

I have let this drop. I thought it would be nice to have a name and number along with a solid answer on corporate policy, but it appears that Wal-Mart has fallen into an ambiguous state and prefers to remain that way.
    Walmart lost my business when they climbed into bed with that a*&hole Bloomberg from New York. I don't live in New York or CA for a lot of reasons but their laws concerning the ability to defend yourself and family are right up at the top. I emailed WM asking for an overview of the security they were going to put inplace concerning their photographing and video taping of all gun sales 2 months ago and never got a response. I was just asking how they were going to protect this info from being stolen so the criminals would have a shopping list to go rob houses with.

Post imported post

That guy's logic is insane.

"Hey, I know you're a cop, even though you're not dressed in anything that would make someone think you are a cop. I know, so nobody else will be scared of you carrying a gun like that even though they have no idea if you are or are not a cop."

"I'm not a cop"

"Oh my god, are you crazy. You can't carry a gun like that.If people see you they will panic."

Post imported post

jbone wrote:
    Dukester wrote:
    jbone wrote:
    Dukester wrote:

Thanks...
    Sent a letter to Corporate HQ today,will post results when I get.

Jbone - Thanks for your efforts and I will be anxiously awaiting your reply...

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Dukester wrote:
    jbone wrote:
    Dukester wrote:

Thanks...
    Why haven't youmade an appointment to see the manager on this issue, rather than believing some moron on the floor? The manager will have the policy without you having to prove crap with a letter from anyone elses work. Do something for yourself for once.
    45/70 - Your an idiot!

Post imported post

Dukester wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Dukester wrote:
    jbone wrote:
    Dukester wrote:

Thanks...
    45/70 - Your an idiot!
    I'm an idiot because I think you should do you own leg work with the business you claim to have a problem with? I guess the lazy idiot troll just told me I'm an idiot. Sounds more like a compliment to me. Let's see who believes what? Should I start a poll? I don't think you would like the outcome. Go away and help your hero obama destroy America.

Post imported post

Dukester said, "45/70 - Your an idiot!"

There's a way to elevate the discourse around here. By the way, it's "you're" not "your."

You seem to have no tolerance for ideas or methods that don't exactly match your own. You preach tolerance out of one side of your keyboard and then do the above. This hypocrisy is consistent with your political rants.

MD

Post imported post

Dukester, Are you related to Hammer? Or are you the one and same?

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    If their Mgr asks you not to OC- respect his position - and spend your $$$ somewhere else.
    Why exactly? Corporate policy is that the manager has no right to ask you not to OC. We have had the same answer from corporate on numerous occasions. You even state it earlier in your post. Their policy is to follow state law.

Rather than continuously contact them asking their policy, how about if we give the manager an OC brochure and ask them why they aren't following corporate policy, which is to follow state law. If the manager won't do what he is supposed to do, then we contact corporate to complain about managers who don't follow clearly laid out policy. We aren't asking them to do anything they haven't already decided at that point, merely that they be consistent.

Post imported post

Machoduck wrote:
    Dukester said, "45/70 - Your an idiot!"

There's a way to elevate the discourse around here. By the way, it's "you're" not "your."

You seem to have no tolerance for ideas or methods that don't exactly match your own. You preach tolerance out of one side of your keyboard and then do the above. This hypocrisy is consistent with your political rants.

MD
    It is very evident that you have not looked at many of my post judging by what you post so.... Don't even get me started on rants and attacks, hell just check some of 45/70 post so don't give me this taking the high rode crap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast