• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1st time being drawn down on !

brokenarrows

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
pitythefools wrote:
who let broken arrows out of his cage?:banghead:
ROFLMAO!
With all the unpopular post I have made aside I can still LOL at myself! That was good Stuff!

Someday I am gonna buy you dinner.

brokenarrows

imported post

schwarzi88 wrote:
just to clear things up .... i put my gun in MY car and i would have proudly protested and stood my ground (even with his weapon drawn) if he would try to take my gun!

and as for my age .... well in the thirtys , grammer Forum and chat spellin thats what this is ..... u'll get the hang of it sooner or later :p.

As for Brokenarrow .... lay off the drugs man !!! and just try to diliver pizza to my trailor i'll yank ur thingy straight off and feed it to me daags!
Just let us know how the pizza order, delivery and confrontation (edjumication ) go.
And keep the bullshit to a reasonable level.

Some like you are why others are not taken seriously. It results in bad press and public opinion.

schwarzi88

imported post

big talk on open forums while wearing your wifes underwear doesn't mean a thing ! Is there a reason u never show up to meetings ? You are one of the PPL on this forum that give OCs a bad rep. ANYONE can use a gun (esp. a glock) as a penis extension , that fact alone does not make u special! and as to u believing me or not ..................................... makes nooooo difference ..... even thou u hope it would, but i tell you this , you start personal attacks against my person and we will have a serious face to face talk u can bet your wifes fake ones on that! But knowing u your just going tocower behind some " Ohh see everyone , this guy is threatening me !" BS like you character has proven time and time again!

brokenarrows

imported post

wow, :cool:

take a xanax and chill. you are sounding a bit confrontational.

Is it manditory to go to meetings?

edited to play "keyboard warrior" safe.

brokenarrows

imported post

moz-screenshot.jpg
Keyboard Warriors

brad.gif

Bflamante

Campaign Veteran
imported post

schwarzi88 wrote:
in the mean time i got up calmly since i was on my knees changing the tire and approched him slowly!
Probably not the best idea to "approach" him. When you close the gap (slowly or quickly does not matter) you are elevating the situation. Bad move. Being that the officer is responsible for the control of the situation, your body language was aggressive. Shoulders squared and approaching head on is a dominant aggressive stance. Closing the gap forces his hand. He really had to either give you a clear/non dangerous pass or prevent you from continuing to close the gap. Your approach prevents the first option from being done quickly, especially on the side of a road. He had already indicated that you were questionable by asking about the gun. That is your clue to be cautious with nonverbal communication. Next time hold your ground and let him approach you. That way the space buffer is at his comfort level. Also to diffuse even more if necessary stand at a slight cant so you are not square to him.

youscareme

Banned
imported post

D94R wrote:
Bflamante wrote:
schwarzi88 wrote:
in the mean time i got up calmly since i was on my knees changing the tire and approched him slowly!
Probably not the best idea to "approach" him. When you close the gap (slowly or quickly does not matter) you are elevating the situation. Bad move. Being that the officer is responsible for the control of the situation, your body language was aggressive. Shoulders squared and approaching head on is a dominant aggressive stance. Closing the gap forces his hand. He really had to either give you a clear/non dangerous pass or prevent you from continuing to close the gap. Your approach prevents the first option from being done quickly, especially on the side of a road. He had already indicated that you were questionable by asking about the gun. That is your clue to be cautious with nonverbal communication. Next time hold your ground and let him approach you. That way the space buffer is at his comfort level. Also to diffuse even more if necessary stand at a slight cant so you are not square to him.
I'd have to take that last part about the stance and disagree. Though I'd stand square with him and cross my arms so the gun wasn't immediately within reach.

I would be more weary of a person quartering away from me if I was approaching them, especially if they were quartering strong side away from me and I could no longer see the side arm.

This is all from my personal opinion on how I would see the situation if I were a cop though.

I do agree with staying where you are though, no need to put an uneducated LEO already on edge on a hieghtened level of offense.
lets let this die. it clearly never happened.

joelevi

imported post

IANAL disclaimer.

"To fully comply with your request I need to clarify, am I being detained or arrested, and if so for the suspicion of having committed which crime?"

If yes, you are being detained or arrested, hands on your head and face away from him/her. He/She will disarm you.

If no, then "Sir, by asking me to disarm (1) you are removing my ability to defend myself and (2) are taking on the responsibility to individually protect me for the duration of period in which I am disarmed. I have a document that I'll need to have you sign and have witnessed that you, on behalf of your Department are entering into this individual protection responsibility for the duration."

At this point you will likely be detained under the suspicion of carrying a loaded firearm without a permit, you will have your firearm removed, but "once everything checks out" it will be given back to you. In the meantime, since you ARE being detained the LEO ~IS~ responsible for your personal protection.

Thoughts?

- www.JoeLevi.com