• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

a novice review of a few gun I shot today

smash29

imported post

Lykosis wrote:
smash29 wrote:
Alwayspacking wrote:
If any of you own a Sig, how do you carry it, in SA or DA?

DA, seems to me that they're really not designed to be carried SA, but then again what do I know.

And I'm speaking of the standard DA/SA trigger.

SIG makes the P220 in SAO. You can carry cocked and locked. External Safety and all.

Linky: http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=6&productid=151

Yup, I've seen it. As I said, I was speaking of the standard DA/SA/Decocker set up.

I wish Sig had something besides the X-Fiveavailable in SAO 9mm. I handled a X-Five at an IPSC match yesterday. Nice gun,too bad it's so expensive.

smash29

imported post

Yeah, my first gun was a Sig so I'm a bit spoiled.I wasn't expecting the X-Five to be in theGlock or XDprice range but it was stillmore expensivethan I thought it would be, even for a Sig.

If I were going to compete with a .45 I'd consider a SAO P220but I can shoot better, and more often, with a 9mm.

smash29

imported post

Well, maybe it reallywouldn't make a difference in my shooting to go with a .45 but I don't have the money to find out! Ibelieve I can shoot better with a 9mm, and it's definitely cheaper than a .45, so that's two votes right there in favor of thelittle fella. :D

357luvr

imported post

If we're talking purely plinker situation, there's nothing in the world wrong with 9mm. In fact, it has a lot going for it. I'm basically looking for a plinker right now and I'm trying to decide between a Glock 34 and a Sig 226 SCT. I'm thinking sig since I can reload brass shot from the factorybarrel.

David.Car

imported post

357luvr wrote:
Oh yeah, as far as the light/laser thing, I can't afford one of those.
For those interested check the Sig website, I do believe they are currently offering a deal where if you buy a new Sig they are offering their Tac light for only $99 instead of the usual 2 hundred something.

357luvr

imported post

Can you verify this and see when this offer ends? I just searched all over the sig website and didn't find a thing. Also can you find out which model they are offering and for how much? They offer two or three.

Thanks