• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns taken from friends house

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

This happen to a friend of mine that I have not seen in a few years...

Well long story short. He came home from work one day and got in the shower to take a bath, he lives in a area that is not secluded too much, but also it is not right next to other homes, He has a good size yard I'll say. Never the less he was in his home taking a shower after work, all of his guns Glock 27 and Styre 357sig. were somewhere in his house, when he got out of the shower the guns were gone, with a laptop computer he had. 2 guys broke into his home while he was there and took his guns:what:.

The good news about this was the cops found the guns about 3 months later. the 357sig was found on a illegal Mexican in King County, and the 10mm Glock was found in the home of a drug dealerin King county.

He now has the .357 back, but the Glock is still being held until the drug dealer's goes to court. The drug dealer had lots of guns in the house he was busted in.

I told him and we agreed that he was Blessed that they did not simple shoot him in the shower, or that he walked out of the shower to face his two loaded gun being held my these FILL IN THE BLANKS HERE:cuss:. I told him that I alway place a gun in my pocket or on my hip while I am home until the time I go to bed, he told me that before he would just take his gun with him from time to time, but after that happened to him, he said he always keep his pistol on him while he is at home to and that he alsokeeps a weapon in the bathroom all the times. I have said before here that I did that, and now I really see that I am not paranoid, but when you think you are safe in your own home and you're relaxed, that's when you are the most vulnerable. In saying this I just want to give you people on OCDO something to think about. He has lived in that house for about 3 years now, and this was the first time something like this happened. Never put your guard down guys

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Alwayspacking wrote:
This happen to a friend of mine that I have not seen in a few years...
<snip>. 2 guys broke into his home while he was there and took his guns:what:.
I think you left something out.

How did he know it was 2 guys in his house? They found the guns, but I didn't see that these were the guy(s) who broke in?

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Oh yeah sorry. I was out of the country for a while, and I just got back to the US about 2 weeks ago, and then Isaw him again on yesterday, then he told me this happened to him in March.

He does not know the guys that broke into his home, they got in his homefrom a window that was unlocked in his house.

AnaxImperator

imported post

.... Which is why I always have at least one handgunANDthe AKwith me at all times when I'm at home, no matter what I'm doing. And if I'm in the shower, the door is locked, my AK & 9mm sit right next to the tub, and I never leave any outside doors or windows open or unlocked. Same goes for when it's bedtime; I check to make sure all the doors & windows are shut/locked, and keep the bedroom door secured as well. My wife keeps her .357 on her side and the 9mm, AK, and Nagant is on mine.

Most people may think I'm paranoid for always keeping a firearm within reach or on me, but I don't think so at all. Alwayspacking's story is yet another added to the long list of home-invasions I've heard of, where the criminals break in while the home-owners are present. If anything, they seem to be happening with more frequency. I'll never leave the house unarmed, even if it's just to do something in the yard, as I've heard about a lot of incidents where people are ambushed while doing yardwork, cleaning out a shed, etc.

I'm happy that Alwayspacking's friend managed to get some of his guns returned, which is a very uncommon. When I was like 7 or 8, my family's rental storage unit was broken into, and from what I remember my stepfather kept about a dozen hunting rifles & shotguns in there. All of them were taken, but nothing else was touched. The policewere pretty surethat the people who ran the storage rentals had something to do with the break-ins (ours wasn't the only one).They did find other people's stolen goods in a different storage facility soon after, but they never recovered my stepfather's firearms. I've rarelyheard of stolen guns being recovered; and if they are, it's usually because they were used in the commission of another crime. In that case, the police keep them for a long time (or permanently).

Marco

imported post

You still, never addressed how your friend knew two guys broke into his home.

Unless the gun was used in the commission of a crime it is usually returned to the owner ASAP. Maybe different dept/states have other policies.

The Glock 27 is in no way a 10mm it is a subcompact 40SW.

Not trying to slam your friend, howeverhe should learn to secure his home and firearms so that he won't be such an easy victim next time.

Glad he didn't get hurt.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Agent19 wrote:
You still, never addressed how your friend knew two guys broke into his home.

Unless the gun was used in the commission of a crime it is usually returned to the owner ASAP. Maybe different dept/states have other policies.

The Glock 27 is in no way a 10mm it is a subcompact 40SW.

Not trying to slam your friend, howeverhe should learn to secure his home and firearms so that he won't be such an easy victim next time.

Glad he didn't get hurt.

Oh because of the investigation of the home and other areas of the house. It concluded that there was 2 people.oh maybe I got the Glock number wrong, I am not follow Glocks too much, then it was a 20, I know he has 2 Glock now a 20/27.

Yeah he shouldkeep his house more secure. But you know how complacent people get over time, it even happens in war. I am sure he learned from this by now.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AnaxImperator wrote:
.... Which is why I always have at least one handgunANDthe AKwith me at all times when I'm at home, no matter what I'm doing. And if I'm in the shower, the door is locked, my AK & 9mm sit right next to the tub, and I never leave any outside doors or windows open or unlocked. Same goes for when it's bedtime; I check to make sure all the doors & windows are shut/locked, and keep the bedroom door secured as well. My wife keeps her .357 on her side and the 9mm, AK, and Nagant is on mine.

Most people may think I'm paranoid for always keeping a firearm within reach or on me, but I don't think so at all. Alwayspacking's story is yet another added to the long list of home-invasions I've heard of, where the criminals break in while the home-owners are present. If anything, they seem to be happening with more frequency. I'll never leave the house unarmed, even if it's just to do something in the yard, as I've heard about a lot of incidents where people are ambushed while doing yardwork, cleaning out a shed, etc.

I'm happy that Alwayspacking's friend managed to get some of his guns returned, which is a very uncommon. When I was like 7 or 8, my family's rental storage unit was broken into, and from what I remember my stepfather kept about a dozen hunting rifles & shotguns in there. All of them were taken, but nothing else was touched. The policewere pretty surethat the people who ran the storage rentals had something to do with the break-ins (ours wasn't the only one).They did find other people's stolen goods in a different storage facility soon after, but they never recovered my stepfather's firearms. I've rarelyheard of stolen guns being recovered; and if they are, it's usually because they were used in the commission of another crime. In that case, the police keep them for a long time (or permanently).

Yep being armed 100% is how it should be. I mean who be a gun owner if your guns are locked away right? if you feel you need one, then you need it all the time.

When this guy told me this story the thing that came to my mind was that there are BG on the streets with gun, and they will use them on anyone. The kind of people that has this guys guns were aillegal immigrant with a gun on the street, and a drug dealer with lots of gun in his possession RED ALERT: wolves are amongst us.

It is a shame how this world is so bad, but we just have to be ready. AND if we do ever have to save our life or our family's life then they try to put us in jail.:banghead: