Thread: 2nd Amendment Police?

Post imported post

Anyone ever see this site up before?

http://www.2ampd.net/

Maybe the common citizen has got badge wearing friends after all.

Post imported post

Thanks! Doesn't look like they have any recent articles (all dates from 2001), but definitely some good reading.

I firmly believe most police officers ARE on the side of civilian ownership of firearms. It's because we hear more about the bad cops & a-hole chiefs than we do the rest of the pro-gun LEOs.

...Orygunner...

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Mr44Magnum wrote:
    Anyone ever see this site up before?

http://www.2ampd.net/

Maybe the common citizen has got badge wearing friends after all.
    Good read - sad that the site is apparently languishing - sent an email to the administrator(?) - if I get a reply, I'll let you know.

Yata hey

Edited for spilling

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Verbage of email exchange re: 2nd Amend. Police Dept. -

From me
    - Has your site been placed in the back of the closet?

Reply - Almost! But it does get accessed quite often, and many gunowners are surprised to learn that cops are gunowners, too! I have always said that if you want to know what a real cop thinks about guns, just ask if he intends to have a gun in his home when he leaves law enforcement. Duh! J Of course.

The thoughts expressed in the string you pointed to are typical. There is a difference between the real police and the police chief or police union. The chief is a city department head answerable to the city manager, mayor, and council. He does what they say or he ain’t the chief anymore! He no more represents the police officer than the president of a company represents the workers. He’s management, they do the work.

Union reps, as in any job, work for benefits and working conditions. They have to be in bed with the party that best represents top-dollar giveaways and grandiose benefits. Guess which party they are beholding to?

Now you got my blood pressure up! J

Thanx for the comments. Most of the arguments have been made, but try http://www.2ampd.net/Articles/Pyle/W...ShouldKnow.htm for more of my little diatribe. If the Palin/McCain ticket doesn’t win, I’ll probably have to come out of the closet!

Yata hey

Edited to change type to black.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.