• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Texas

forever_frost

imported post

How are we coming on this? I've had my CHL for just about a year but with being a big guy, and in Texas, it's usually too hot to wear anything big enough to hide my 1911.

By the way, this is my first post, I'm new to the board but I've lurked for quite a while, reading through everything. I'm medically retired Army and, since I returned, have been very public about keeping my rights. All of them.

Michigander

imported post

The long gun idea is great. You guys can say that it's too hot to carry a big enough handgun concealed, so you are left with no choice but to carry a long gun.

As I recall, long gun (and hand gun) OC by large groups helped Ohio get it's shall issue CC status. It's a nice political tool that Texas does have available.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

forever_frost wrote:
How are we coming on this? I've had my CHL for just about a year but with being a big guy, and in Texas, it's usually too hot to wear anything big enough to hide my 1911.

By the way, this is my first post, I'm new to the board but I've lurked for quite a while, reading through everything. I'm medically retired Army and, since I returned, have been very public about keeping my rights. All of them.
We're making headway, feel free too donate to the billboard, even a few bucks will help. Go to gun shows, shooting ranges, gun storesand distribute flyers. Stay on this site and look around, there's lots of info here.

RIAShooter

imported post

It's good to have a variety also:
Attached Image (viewed 43 times):

attachment.php

:shock:I'm slightly aroused