• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why OC?

scorpioajr

imported post

CCarry wrote:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3AA_dgRdDhk

Here is an example of what I am talking about. If the gun man knew the clerk was armed he would have just shot him first but he mistakenly thought he was defenseless.

oh yea, VERY smart.

Poor todler in between bag guy and the barrel...nice, what was he gonna get away with $50? Smart time to draw...looser.

OH - AND i would like to point out that the CROOK was fleeing WAAAY BEFORE the guy started shooting. so lets see: Deterrent? i think so. next Youtube disaster please..

scorpioajr

imported post

ThoughtPolice:
"..our resident mustache conisour..."

i swear i'll shave it, then what will you have? Then what are you going to do if you just see 'some dude' on the street with SIGMA 9, and not know if it was me or not. For shame, and above all: The Gentlemans Mustache Group of America frowns on you. Yes, the GMGA.. :shock:

CCarry

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
CCarry wrote:

Here is an example of what I am talking about. If the gun man knew the clerk was armed he would have just shot him first but he mistakenly thought he was defenseless.

oh yea, VERY smart.

Poor todler in between bag guy and the barrel...nice, what was he gonna get away with $50? Smart time to draw...looser.

OH - AND i would like to point out that the CROOK was fleeing WAAAY BEFORE the guy started shooting. so lets see: Deterrent? i think so. next Youtube disaster please..
The crook fled after he got shot crook dead in the door all innocents alive and safe! The crook was caught totally by suprise. CCer did what he had to do to protect everyone including the toddler by eliminating the threat. Case Closed.

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

CCarry wrote:

That video is a perfect example of what Scottyt said. If that lady had been OC'ing the dude would have seen it through the glass and turned tail and ran. (as soon as he saw the clerks gun he ran).

Instead you have a guy with 3 bullet hole in his back (rightfully so, he tried to rob them at gunpoint), the point is, it's possible that the situation could have been avoided completely had someone been OC'ing. The BG would have taken his business elsewhere...

Edit: I just saw your commentary and wanted to comment on it.
The crook fled after he got shot crook dead in the door all innocents alive and safe! The crook was caught totally by suprise. CCer did what he had to do to protect everyone including the toddler by eliminating the threat. Case Closed.

I agree that the CC'er did what he needed to, and I probably would have done something similar.
Since from behind the counter the BG wouldn't have seen my OC'd firearm, the situation wouldn't have been changed much if it had been me. I would have drawn and fired if there was an open shot.

scorpioajr

imported post

CCarry wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
CCarry wrote:

oh yea, VERY smart.

The crook fled after he got shot crook dead in the door...
He lived, Mr. facts..

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Police said a desk clerk shot a man who was attempting to rob an east side motel on Saturday night.

Officers said that shortly before 9:30 p.m., a man walked into the Super 8 Motel, located at 2055 Brice Rd., showed a gun and demanded money.

Police said the desk clerk on duty then shot the alleged robber, Antoine Stephens.

Stephens, 20, was transported to Grant Medical Center and was in serious condition on Sunday morning, NBC 4 reported.

Police said he would be charged with aggravated robbery.
3 shots fired, all 3 hit the bad guy, gun was a glock 23, 40cal with 165g Gold dots

no charges filed agenst shooter, badguy went to prison.

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
jaredbelch wrote:
CCarry wrote:

That video is a perfect example of what Scottyt said. If that lady had been OC'ing the dude would have seen it through the glass and turned tail and ran. (as soon as he saw the clerks gun he ran).

Instead you have a guy with 3 bullet hole in his back (rightfully so, he tried to rob them at gunpoint), the point is, it's possible that the situation could have been avoided completely had someone been OC'ing. The BG would have taken his business elsewhere...
While I dont fully agree with CCarry, I disagree with you on this point. You dont know for a fact what this person would do, noone does. Its ALL speculation. It may have been a deterrent, it may have been enough to set this guy off. We just dont know, but you cant make a point on make believe evidence, this isnt church afterall.

Your right, it is speculation. I pointed that out in my original comment. (see bold above)

CCarry

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
CCarry wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
CCarry wrote:

oh yea, VERY smart.

He lived, Mr. facts..

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Police said a desk clerk shot a man who was attempting to rob an east side motel on Saturday night.

Officers said that shortly before 9:30 p.m., a man walked into the Super 8 Motel, located at 2055 Brice Rd., showed a gun and demanded money.

Police said the desk clerk on duty then shot the alleged robber, Antoine Stephens.

Stephens, 20, was transported to Grant Medical Center and was in serious condition on Sunday morning, NBC 4 reported.

3 shots fired, all 3 hit the bad guy, gun was a glock 23, 40cal with 165g Gold dots

My mistake but dead or in prision the threat was neutralized and nobody else got hurt. The way it should be.

scorpioajr

imported post

CCarry wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
CCarry wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
CCarry wrote:

oh yea, VERY smart.

He lived, Mr. facts..

...threat was neutralized and nobody else got hurt. The way it should be.

Correct. As JARED pointed out in his earlier post: This was done by the clerk carrying a gun. It could have been CCed or OCed.

Now im confused, are you for CLERKS OCing or CCing or just carrying a gun. Please re-explain this topic, i think you came in here with too broad of a (malicious) stroke, and now im balls deep in a turtle trying to figure it out...

BTW: this will be the last post for this topic from me, I am being a Jerk - i realize now..

CCarry

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Correct. As JARED pointed out in his earlier post: This was done by the clerk carrying a gun. It could have been CCed or OCed.

Now im confused, are you for CLERKS OCing or CCing or just carrying a gun. Please re-explain this topic, i think you came in here with too broad of a (malicious) stroke, and now im balls deep in a turtle trying to figure it out...

BTW: this will be the last post for this topic from me, I am being a Jerk - i realize now..
My point is that instead of becoming the first victim you maintain the element of supprise by CCing. In this case the clerk could have been OCing and still been CCing at the same time because the robber could not see it so he was able to get the jump on the unsuspecting robber.

brokenarrows

imported post

CCarry wrote:
ScottyT wrote:
thoughtpolice wrote:
ainokea wrote:
Umm...oK thank you for your opinion. Why don't you join a CC forum if that is what you support.

http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com

You may be more welcome over there.
He is welcome here as long as things stay civil.

A lot of us here (most?) CC as well as OC. If he wants to civilly debate the merits of each (as has been done countless times before), he is welcome.

I am here to be civil. I am just trying toletyou know my feelings on OC.

1) I understand in Utah it is legal to OC.By choosing to OCa lot of people will be scared and they will perceive all guns owner are irresponsible and forcing guns on them.

2) People who OC are more likely to be the first target to attackers because they will know you are armed.

3) Police officer only OC when on duty because of #2.

4) I am concerned that the actions of OCers will make guns owners appear crazy and possibly cause CFP to be a thing of the past.
Dude you are fighting the Vigalate patrol. Good luck. I am convinced that most OCers are good at heart. The remainder always got picked last and now want to be seen first. Hence the OC brigade of attention whores.

I have made fun of them enough already.

Your arguments will fall on deaf ears. And yeah they will jack it all up and end up with even more strict gun laws on the books. Most will cry foul....and wont notice that its the criminals and some of them that made the changes happen.

Now go be a good lil Vigilante and find some cop to educate on the gun laws. Run back here and report on it. ( im thinkin most of that is hogwash)

I think I am sounding rude, it is not projected towards you. It IS projected towards the LAWABIDING DICKS. The ones that just got pissed, yeah thats you.

CCarry

imported post

brokenarrows wrote:
Dude you are fighting the Vigalate patrol. Good luck. I am convinced that most OCers are good at heart. The remainder always got picked last and now want to be seen first. Hence the OC brigade of attention whores.

Your arguments will fall on deaf ears. And yeah they will jack it all up and end up with even more strict gun laws on the books. Most will cry foul....and wont notice that its the criminals and some of them that made the changes happen.

Now go be a good lil Vigilante and find some cop to educate on the gun laws. Run back here and report on it. ( im thinkin most of that is hogwash)

I think I am sounding rude, it is not projected towards you. It IS projected towards the LAWABIDING DICKS. The ones that just got pissed, yeah thats you.
That is my point although I wouldn't use such harsh words to make it.

ainokea

imported post

brokenarrows wrote:

I was intending not to post anymore on this topic, however, I would like to make something clear to you brokenarrows. When you wrote that nice little piece 1.5 - 2 months ago talking about how you were being harrassed by members of this site. I stuck up for you and defended you. It appears that I was 100% wrong for doing so you are a troll. i am not saying that you should agree with everyone one here. I sure don't but you need to be at least courteous if you cannot be respectful.

brokenarrows

imported post

there are some that I should apologize to for that post. I have however spent the last few days getting an earfull from one of the persons that post was directed to.

I am not her to be popular.

I do think the actions of the few are going to hurt the rights of others.

There are many silly laws out there. someone had to do something to have those silly laws written.

I will not buy into a conspiracy to disarm the public by the goverment as a whole.

brokenarrows

imported post

there are some that I should apologize to for that post. I have however spent the last few days getting an earfull from one of the persons that post was directed to.

I am not her to be popular.

I do think the actions of the few are going to hurt the rights of others.

There are many silly laws out there. someone had to do something to have those silly laws written.

I will not buy into a conspiracy to disarm the public by the goverment as a whole.