• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whats your favorite carry gun

ghengis86

imported post

Springfield Armory XD, .40, sub-compact. I almost always CC, but since finding this site, I'll be OC much more often!

ghengis86

imported post

i'm aware of the issues with LEO's. i also OC'd today at meijer's, family video, stracks and factory card outlet, all with no problems.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My Favorite gun is aS&W j-frame 357.mag because it is accurate, powerful and I can keep it in any pants pocket i have. Also I can keep my hand on it, and no one will ever know it. This is if I only had one gun to keep out of all the guns I own I would keep this one.

Unoid

imported post

Springfield XD9-SC bitone.

Use the left handed springfield paddle holster for OC.

Supertuck concealed.

M

mdgary

imported post

Glockomadic wrote:
Open is ok but get ready to be hassled, many people and police dont really know the laws.
Ignorance of the law is no excuse .just because they don't knowthe laws does'nt mean it is'nt the law,As long as you know the law the he#* with them..

squisher

imported post

Currently my favorite (only) carry weapon is a Taurus PT92-SS

OC in the summertime, CC in the wintertime (winter=OC+Coat).

Only issue I've had is at Wally-world, where I had to untuck my shirt to cover up. I still think they need their policy posted.

bhughesiii2187

imported post

Daily carry is Glock 23 .40 with Corbon hollow points..

Also have a Beretta M9 that I will occasionally carry but not often.. Carry Federal ammo in that one.

pezboy

imported post

FN High Power SFS- 9mm-blued- Spegel Grips, whether I'm CC or OC.

Dustin

bradco

imported post

Glock 27 CC even though CT does not say you have to, if you OC youcan and will get hasseled but CC is my preference.

Jubbie

imported post

Sig 229 .40 for OC and winter CCW. S&W 38 Special J-Frame Bodyguard model in an IWB for every other time. I still have to research ways to carry 5 extra rounds, instead of just loose in my pocket.

Unoid

imported post

XD-9 Subcompact in stainless.

I hate getting scratches/scuffing on the slide wearing it every day from the holster but that's the whole purpose of the gun!

Gunslinger

imported post

SIG Revolution C3. Commander length slide; Officer's frame. 7+1 of Federal HST 230gr +P jhp. #2 Browning High-Power, 13+1 124gr +P+ Federal HST. Easy to conceal. Would stake my life on the first; have on the second.