Thread: Anyone have any experience with the Beretta Neos?

Post imported post

I'm checking outthemarket of.22 handguns, and was just wondering if any of you guys had any comments about Beretta's Neos offering. I've heard alot of good things about the Browning Buckmark, and of the course the Ruger .22's, but not much about the Neos.

And yes, I'll admit that at least part of my interest in the Neos stems from the fact that it looks like a prop from an old b-grade sci-fi show

Post imported post

Good morning!

I am writing in reference toyour inquiry on Beretta Neos. I own Beretta U22 Neosfor 1.5 years, and love it! It does have a nice design and is perfect for target shooting. It is also easy to handle for a woman - not a small gun and at the same time - isnot heavy at all.

The drawback is that this gunprefersthe particular ammo brand:CCI MINI-MAG HIGH VELOCITY 22 LR COPPER-PLATED ROUND NOSE – 40 GRAIN. The costfor 100cartridgesis around $8. All other brands make this gun keep jamming just after a couple of rounds.

Thank you.

Rita A.

Post imported post

I had one and got rid of it quickly - horrible trigger pull. I invested in a .22 conversion kit for my Glock 17 - about the same price as I recall...

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Lazarus142 wrote:
    Good morning!

I am writing in reference toyour inquiry on Beretta Neos. I own Beretta U22 Neosfor 1.5 years, and love it! It does have a nice design and is perfect for target shooting. It is also easy to handle for a woman - not a small gun and at the same time - isnot heavy at all.

The drawback is that this gunprefersthe particular ammo brand:CCI MINI-MAG HIGH VELOCITY 22 LR COPPER-PLATED ROUND NOSE – 40 GRAIN. The costfor 100cartridgesis around $8. All other brands make this gun keep jamming just after a couple of rounds.

Thank you.

Rita A.

Welcome to OCDO - just a suggestion - would not go public with my email, use PMs (private messages) for that purpose , see "messages" at top of page or click on recepient's name to get that option.

It takes a little while perhaps to get used to the format here but it is fairly user friendly.

I'd recommend that you edit/delete your address.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I have the neo. Its a lot of fun to shoot. however dont shoot the cheap stuff it will jam....shoot cci or better and wont jam.

Ric

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I bought one, shot it for a while,and sold it. I prefer my Ruger MK III. Although it certainly is easier to learn how to take it apart, clean it, and put it back together so it works.

It was very particular about what kind of ammo I used for the first 1000 rounds or so. After that I reliably shot the Federal 550 pack hollow point dipped ammo available fairly cheaply at Walmart.