• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detained, disarmed, and disrespected in Puyallup

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BlaineG wrote:
yes i have no problem going to jail as it will only add to my case against them.
Respectfully, Sir, if you go with a group please discuss this with them as I'm sure most would prefer not going to jail and getting a record which would preclude any firearms ownership, at least for monthes and monthes while the case preceeds.

Once, I called PPD when the other half of the duplex I was living in was broken into when the occupants were away for the weekend. The LEO that responded (after 3 hours, I might add:banghead:) tried to make an issue out of me having a JFrame in my pocket (this was before I had a consealed carry permit)....It got ugly for a moment or two, then he backed off, I suppose because he realized he was blowing smoke. When he was wrapping up the scene, I suggested we go shoot for a Dollar a shot sometime:dude:and he muttered a bad word:cuss:
I did have a false arrest on my motorcycle a few years ago, and I applied for a job last weekand they would not hire me because of something on my criminal history. I only had some community service hrs as a youth, but that is all, if this arrest has caused me a job I will sue Tacoma forbig bucks,this job is paying really good money, and the guy wants to hire me but because of something on my record he can't. I will check into it Monday on what it was if it is because of a false arrest then I will take actions. A false arrest may effect you more than you think.

jarhead1911A

imported post

First of all If they want to ARREST me for OCing then i am pritty sure there is no court on this planet or DA that will file charges. So let them try to give me record is not going to happen.

The law is what it is, and i follow the law there for i have nothing to fear except cops who think they can make up there own laws. and to think these are the people who took an oath to uphold ALL laws.........

Bear 45/70

imported post

BlaineG wrote:
yes i have no problem going to jail as it will only add to my case against them.
Respectfully, Sir, if you go with a group please discuss this with them as I'm sure most would prefer not going to jail and getting a record which would preclude any firearms ownership, at least for monthes and monthes while the case preceeds.

Once, I called PPD when the other half of the duplex I was living in was broken into when the occupants were away for the weekend. The LEO that responded (after 3 hours, I might add:banghead:) tried to make an issue out of me having a JFrame in my pocket (this was before I had a consealed carry permit)....It got ugly for a moment or two, then he backed off, I suppose because he realized he was blowing smoke. When he was wrapping up the scene, I suggested we go shoot for a Dollar a shot sometime:dude:and he muttered a bad word:cuss:
I mutter bad words at and about you all the time.:)

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
First of all If they want to ARREST me for OCing then i am pritty sure there is no court on this planet or DA that will file charges. So let them try to give me record is not going to happen.

The law is what it is, and i follow the law there for i have nothing to fear except cops who think they can make up there own laws. and to think these are the people who took an oath to uphold ALL laws.........

Correct that is what will happen more than likely. arrested and maybe go to a pretrial, where you will plead not guilty. The DA will offer you all the deals, and you keep saying no go to court, then when it gets to court the officer will not even show up, and the judge will drop the case,that is what happen to me on my arrest charge.

But i still got finger printed and mug shot. THAT BLOWS AND SUCKS IT REALLY PISSED ME OFF EVEN TO THIS DAY. I had to sit in the jail with those crazy a$$ people like i was a criminal. I hope this is the reason i did not get the jobtacoma will owe me BIG TIME.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Alwayspacking wrote:
jarhead1055 wrote:

Correct that is what will happen more than likely. arrested and maybe go to a pretrial, where you will plead not guilty. The DA will offer you all the deals, and you keep saying no go to court, then when it gets to court the officer will not even show up, and the judge will drop the case,that is what happen to me on my arrest charge.

But i still got finger printed and mug shot. THAT BLOWS AND SUCKS IT REALLY PISSED ME OFF EVEN TO THIS DAY. I had to sit in the jail with those crazy a$$ people like i was a criminal. I hope this is the reason i did not get the jobtacoma will owe me BIG TIME.
You have the right to ask that prospective employer for a copy of thecriminal history.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

yes he gave me a number to call and get it from HR. I figure that thisis the thing they found on my CHbecause on my record it is only going to state arrested for such-and-such, it will not show that everything was dismissed. That is only only time I have been in jail in my life.

Johnny Law

imported post

Alwayspacking wrote:
I did have a false arrest on my motorcycle a few years ago, and I applied for a job last weekand they would not hire me because of something on my criminal history. I only had some community service hrs as a youth, but that is all, if this arrest has caused me a job I will sue Tacoma forbig bucks,this job is paying really good money, and the guy wants to hire me but because of something on my record he can't. I will check into it Monday on what it was if it is because of a false arrest then I will take actions. A false arrest may effect you more than you think.

If the Officer does not show up for court,almost alltraffic type cases will be dropped. Thisis not adeterminationthat it was a false arrest, and that a crime or infraction did not occur.

Ravenhawk

imported post

Alwayspacking wrote:
BlaineG wrote:

Even when case's are dropped/dismissed it's YOUR responsibility to file some kinda motion to have it removed OFF RECORD. Or it remains there for the public to see.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ravenhawk wrote:
Alwayspacking wrote:
BlaineG wrote:

Even when case's are dropped/dismissed it's YOUR responsibility to file some kinda motion to have it removed OFF RECORD. Or it remains there for the public to see.
Thanks for the info. I do not know much about the system, but after this happened and talking about this today I thought it was my responsibility to remove it off my record. I am going to get the ball rolling Monday for this, I know it is not an overnight process, but do you think they can give me proof that it was dismissed for employment? Because I really need to start working soon. The guy told me if I can show him it was a mistake I have the Job.

Ravenhawk

imported post

I just remember my Dad having to do something like this .. It was simple enough that he didn't need a lawyer to do it he filed hand writen motions hemself.

Johnny Law

imported post

I believe that you can get the record removed as far as what the public can see, but a permanent record will remain that can always be accessed by LE.

As forproving that it was a "mistake" to the potential employer, I'm not sure how you would go about that.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Johnny Law wrote:
I believe that you can get the record removed as far as what the public can see, but a permanent record will remain that can always be accessed by LE.

As forproving that it was a "mistake" to the potential employer, I'm not sure how you would go about that.

O when I say mistake I mean in the sense of, I should not have been arrested in the first place. Like they arrested the wrong guy. I should be able to get my record form my lawyer about the suit filed. I never did follow though for the unlawful arrest I did not have the time to follow through with everything.

ghosthunter

imported post

Heck with parks and lunch. Seems like you guys have a lot of problem in the big P.

Time for about 20 of us to walk into a city council meeting with Randy in tow and ask them what the problem is with their police force and the law.

jbone

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
I was also threatened that if they ever saw me open carrying again they'd arrest me, and even if I wasn't arrested, they'd hold my gun in 'protective custody'... They also told me they'd impound my car if my door sticker didn't match my VIN.

Did you threaten to sue if you were ever detained again? Appears this town hires the lower 10% of graduating class.

Gunslinger

imported post

Ravenhawk wrote:
I just remember my Dad having to do something like this .. It was simple enough that he didn't need a lawyer to do it he filed hand writen motions hemself.
Motion for expungement of arrest. You can do it yourself in most states. Simple process if charges were dropped or you were found n/g. Even if found guilty, if not a crime of violence or public outrage (common law term), can often get it removed.

joeroket

imported post

jbone wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
I was also threatened that if they ever saw me open carrying again they'd arrest me, and even if I wasn't arrested, they'd hold my gun in 'protective custody'... They also told me they'd impound my car if my door sticker didn't match my VIN.

Did you threaten to sue if you were ever detained again? Appears this town hires the lower 10% of graduating class.
What do you expect when they allow previous users of cocaine, pot, and meth to be hired. Hell some departments will overlook misdemeanor convictions.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

jbone wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

There was a plainclothes officer which I could not identify, but all the other offficers were county sheriffs from what I could observe.

Gene Beasley

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
There was a plainclothes officer which I could not identify, but all the other offficers were county sheriffs from what I could observe.
Uhh, this seems to me to be a fairly important piece of information that should have been in the OP. When I read Meridian, I pictured some place between River Rd and the Fairgrounds. Meridian starts in Edgewood and continues south to SR 7 in Eatonville. City of Puyallup does not extend farther south than 120th St E in South Hill.

If this was in PC and we're dealing with PCSO then that's an entirely different problem.

Bear 45/70

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Protective custody my A$$. The lying law break cops need to be jailed themselves for color of law violations. The littlepiece of tin does not make them aGod and able to do as they please. On top of that it took a GANG of them to stop one law abiding citizen, illegally no lessand I find it hard to believe that at least one of them didn't know they were doing an illegal stop. The thin blue line is thin because they tolerate law breaking by members of their ranks.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Gene Beasley wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Uhh, this seems to me to be a fairly important piece of information that should have been in the OP. When I read Meridian, I pictured some place between River Rd and the Fairgrounds. Meridian starts in Edgewood and continues south to SR 7 in Eatonville. City of Puyallup does not extend farther south than 120th St E in South Hill.

If this was in PC and we're dealing with PCSO then that's an entirely different problem.

I was in south hill, so I was told...

I was in front of 14706 Meridian E.
puyallup, WA. Or so my lat/lon GPS tracker said at the time ;)