Thread: Holster recommendations

Post imported post

Hi guys n gals.

I am looking for recommendations for a holster to fit my KP90 Ruger .45

It is stored in its factory case, and unfortunatly that is how I have to take it to the range. I would very much like to OC, but don't have a holster. Any help would be appreciated. Below is Ruger's picture of the firearm, but I didn't like the stock grip, so it was replaced with a Hogue.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Post imported post

Well that all depends,[/b]

[/b]

what is your budget? Secondly what is your preference as far as plastic vs. leather? Personally I keep my Ruger p94 in a leather Galco model c6119T FL438b but that’s just me. [/b]

[/b]

if you don’t mind plastic searpas (sp?)[/b]

area good bet. I haveno personal experience but I haven’t heard any thing negative in regards to them....also you might want to try the holster section of the fourm.likely you will get more of a response there.[/b]

Post imported post

The budget really isn't an issue. Just something that looks repectable and I can carry. Leather, plastic, it doesn't really make a difference I think.

Thanks for pointing to the holster section. I'll go take a look there. Thanks.

Post imported post

Don Hume holsters are reasonably priced, and tend to be a bit better constructed than Galco for the same or less. They make thumb break holsters since they cater to the LE crowd. Take a look at the Agent 711 for a high-ride OWB holster with a thumb break.

www.donhume.com

Post imported post

This will not fit your Ruger but, if you know anyone looking for a serpa for a Sig 220- 225, I have one unused for $30.00 PM me if interested

Post imported post

Charles Paul Lincoln wrote:
    Don Hume holsters are reasonably priced, and tend to be a bit better constructed than Galco for the same or less. They make thumb break holsters since they cater to the LE crowd. Take a look at the Agent 711 for a high-ride OWB holster with a thumb break.

http://www.donhume.com
    I own two Don Hume holsters and love them. Both are for my XD-40 4" one OpenTop OWB and one with the thumb break