• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster recommendations

Cougar125

imported post

Hi guys n gals.

I am looking for recommendations for a holster to fit my KP90 Ruger .45

It is stored in its factory case, and unfortunatly that is how I have to take it to the range. I would very much like to OC, but don't have a holster. Any help would be appreciated. Below is Ruger's picture of the firearm, but I didn't like the stock grip, so it was replaced with a Hogue.

Thanks in advance for the help.

145L.jpg

fatalhubris

imported post

Well that all depends,[/b]

[/b]

what is your budget? Secondly what is your preference as far as plastic vs. leather? Personally I keep my Ruger p94 in a leather Galco model c6119T FL438b but that’s just me. [/b]

[/b]

if you don’t mind plastic searpas (sp?)[/b]

area good bet. I haveno personal experience but I haven’t heard any thing negative in regards to them....also you might want to try the holster section of the fourm.likely you will get more of a response there.[/b]

Cougar125

imported post

The budget really isn't an issue. Just something that looks repectable and I can carry. Leather, plastic, it doesn't really make a difference I think.

Thanks for pointing to the holster section. I'll go take a look there. Thanks.

Trigger Dr

imported post

This will not fit your Ruger but, if you know anyone looking for a serpa for a Sig 220- 225, I have one unused for $30.00 PM me if interested

Nebulis01

imported post

Charles Paul Lincoln wrote:
Don Hume holsters are reasonably priced, and tend to be a bit better constructed than Galco for the same or less. They make thumb break holsters since they cater to the LE crowd. Take a look at the Agent 711 for a high-ride OWB holster with a thumb break.

http://www.donhume.com
I own two Don Hume holsters and love them. Both are for my XD-40 4" one OpenTop OWB and one with the thumb break