Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 84

Thread: Sarah Palin Is My Girl....Sarah on Guns

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    KC,MO, ,
    Posts
    168

    Post imported post

    GIBSON: Guns, 70 percent of this country supports a ban on semiautomatic assault weapons. Do you?

    PALIN: I do not and, you know, here again, life being an open book here, as a candidate, I'm a lifetime member of the NRA. I believe strongly in our Second Amendment rights. That's kind of inherent in the people of my state who rely on guns for not just self-protection, but also for our hunting and for sports, also. It's a part of a culture here in Alaska. I've just grown up with that.

    GIBSON: Isn't gun violence in America a health issue? We spend billions of dollars a year every year treating people who are victims of gun violence. Nothing we can do about that?

    PALIN: Do I think that all of that gun violence, though, is caused by people pulling a trigger who would have followed any law anyway? No. You start banning guns and you start taking away guns from people who will use them responsibly and use them ethically.

    You put more and more laws on guns and you start taking away a Second Amendment right, it's going to be, Charlie, the bad guys who have the guns, not those who are law-abiding citizens.



    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2...483&page=2

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    KC,MO, ,
    Posts
    168

    Post imported post

    Wonder what NOBAMA would say to that question.... Oh wait, no one will ask him that question, will they?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hodgenville, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    1,261

    Post imported post

    Where did he get 70%? Another myth.

  4. #4
    Regular Member MetalChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,215

    Post imported post

    TheMrMitch wrote:
    Where did he get 70%?
    I do believe he paused for a second, the camera moved from him to Palin, there was an audible grunt, a pop, and then he stated the number.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sandy Springs, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    263

    Post imported post

    MetalChris wrote:
    TheMrMitch wrote:
    Where did he get 70%?
    I do believe he paused for a second, the camera moved from him to Palin, there was an audible grunt, a pop, and then he stated the number.
    I had to think about that for a second...

  6. #6
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627

    Post imported post

    SARAH SARAH SARAH SARAH !

    Yata Hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hodgenville, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    1,261

    Post imported post

    Grunt = gas

    Pop = slap

    % Number.....First thing that popped out!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    78

    Post imported post

    GIBSON: Isn't gun violence in America a health issue? We spend billions of dollars a year every year treating people who are victims of gun violence. Nothing we can do about that?


    I would have answered, "That is a problem of socialism, an economic systemthis country is following more and more every year.

    That said, Palin's answer wasnt bad, however, there is NO WAY I could ever vote for McCain.

  9. #9
    Guest

    Post imported post

    hogleg wrote:
    Wonder what NOBAMA would say to that question.... Oh wait, no one will ask him that question, will they?
    What would Obama say, don't really know since he is not running on an ANTI-GUN Platform.... He has bigger issues on his plate you know, like the economy and healthcare and that crazy energy thing. Imagine that, a President who will actual know how to govern unlike the current administration who couldn't govern out ofa brown wet paper bag. A President who will actually invest in our own country creating much needed jobsby rebuilding our aging infrastructure....

    OBAMA / BIDEN -08



  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern Fauquier Co, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,297

    Post imported post

    Yet gun owners are nervous that he will win, do you ever wonder why that is?

  11. #11
    Guest

    Post imported post

    longwatch wrote:
    Yet gun owners are nervous that he will win, do you ever wonder why that is?
    There is absolutely nothing to be nervous about, I too am a gun owner/sportsman and if you think the Dems want to shut down an entire industry you are so wrong... I don't know why you Republs live in fear, I honestly don't.

    Never was a big fan of the NRA, used to be but haven't for years now...

    You recall when SenatorJim Webb from yourState of VA was caught witha Pistol the airport? He even admitted that he used it for self defense!




  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    460

    Post imported post

    I'm a little disappointed she didn't call him on that made up 70% number.

    If 70% of Americans believe in getting rid of semi-auto "assault weapons", then why did the democrats lose both houses of congress right after they passed the AWB?

  13. #13
    Guest

    Post imported post

    Slayer of Paper wrote:
    I'm a little disappointed she didn't call him on that made up 70% number.

    If 70% of Americans believe in getting rid of semi-auto "assault weapons", then why did the democrats lose both houses of congress right after they passed the AWB?
    Not quite sure what you are referring to but unless you haven't been following political news here of late the DEMS are looking at regaining control of both houses this upcoming election cycle so to answer your question, I don't know! Really don't think that is the reason they lost both houses on what miniscule issue such as what you might suggest.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hodgenville, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    1,261

    Post imported post

    Well...Osamabama wouldn't know how to govern a bowl of cereal. An empty suit, a puppet with no will of his own.

    He's going to implode from his lack of control of his thoughts, speeches, handlers and simple inability to handle stress.

    His wife is a burden, a disaster waiting to happen as was Kerry's wife.

    He has flip flop shoes to match and surpass Kerry's. And they were active.

    I'm beginningtothink theDims are giving heavy second thoughts about this bumbling idiot clown called Obama. Serious.

    Last but not least: The Hildebeast isn't finished yet.

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Woodbridge, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    561

    Post imported post

    Dukester wrote:
    Slayer of Paper wrote:
    I'm a little disappointed she didn't call him on that made up 70% number.

    If 70% of Americans believe in getting rid of semi-auto "assault weapons", then why did the democrats lose both houses of congress right after they passed the AWB?
    Not quite sure what you are referring to but unless you haven't been following political news here of late the DEMS are looking at regaining control of both houses this upcoming election cycle so to answer your question, I don't know! Really don't think that is the reason they lost both houses on what miniscule issue such as what you might suggest.
    I think you're wrong, Dukester. Dems are nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs that the Republicans will TAKE BACK control of the Congress. And the 2nd Amendment is NOTa miniscule issue when it comes to voters. Even Bill Clinton admitted as much. On ABC's Good Morning America, he told Charlie Gibson that the Republican-controlled Congress "came to power after the 1994 elections because in critical races the people -- who voted for more modest things like the BradyBill and semi-auto ban -- got beat."

    Al Gore got his own 2nd Amendment whupping in 2000. The Washington Post reported in 2003 that "the gun issue contributed to Gore's defeat" in 2000 and could "backfire on the party again" if Democrats do not "quickly lose their anti-gun image."

  16. #16
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern Fauquier Co, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,297

    Post imported post

    Dukester wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    Yet gun owners are nervous that he will win, do you ever wonder why that is?
    There is absolutely nothing to be nervous about, I too am a gun owner/sportsman and if you think the Dems want to shut down an entire industry you are so wrong... I don't know why you Republs live in fear, I honestly don't.

    Never was a big fan of the NRA, used to be but haven't for years now...

    You recall when SenatorJim Webb from yourState of VA was caught witha Pistol the airport? He even admitted that he used it for self defense!


    Because we gun owners have a long memory of Democratic gun control proposals, and giving the House, Senate, and White House to the Democrats seems like a recipe for a repeat of the Brady Bill, and the Assault Weapons Ban.

    No I don't recall Sen. Webb at the airport with a gun. I do recall his aide carrying a gun into a capitol office building.



  17. #17
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern Fauquier Co, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,297

    Post imported post

    Here's another reason why I prefer McCain/Palin over Obama/Biden, amicus briefs for the Heller case. Both McCain and Palin signed onto briefs in favor of Hellers suit, Obama and Biden did not. I think that is also a pretty good example of why a candidates positions on gun control do matter even if they claim they don't have the votes to do what they want.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Huck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Evanston, Wyoming, USA
    Posts
    647

    Post imported post

    GIBSON: Isn't gun violence in America a health issue?

    It's not gun violence. Inanimate objects do not commit any kind of actions on their own. People commit acts of violence.

    I'm dissapointed that Palin did'nt correct that fool about that and his bogus claim that 70% of Americans support a "assault" rifle ban. Besides, assault rifles are already banned.

    An assault rifle is a selective firerifleor carbine(not to be confused with a semi-automatic only replica) firing ammunitionwith muzzle energies intermediate between those typical of pistoland high-powered rifleammunition.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle

    Hell, if I can easily look up what a assault rifle really is the friggin media can too. They just dont want to, they'd rather lie than tell the truth.
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

  19. #19
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,964

    Post imported post

    Huck wrote:
    I'm dissapointed that Palin did'nt correct that fool about that and his bogus claim that 70% of Americans support a "assault" rifle ban. Besides, assault rifles are already banned.
    What???? :what:Who banned Assault Rifles??? As far as I know Assault rifles are not banned by the feds. What is your source??:shock:
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Springfield, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    737

    Post imported post

    Thundar wrote:
    Huck wrote:
    I'm dissapointed that Palin did'nt correct that fool about that and his bogus claim that 70% of Americans support a "assault" rifle ban. Besides, assault rifles are already banned.
    What???? :what:Who banned Assault Rifles??? As far as I know Assault rifles are not banned by the feds. What is your source??:shock:
    Heh heh. I'm sure you know what he means.

    All fully automatic weapons manufactured past 1986 are banned for public ownership, even with a FFL. This effectively has banned the rest of them manufactured before that, because they're prohibitively expensive for any regular citizen to buy (1000's of $$).

    The so-called Gun Owners Protection ACT of 1986, worst thing Reagan ever did, IMHO .

    That sucks and needs to be reversed.

    ...Orygunner...

  21. #21
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,964

    Post imported post

    Orygunner wrote:
    Thundar wrote:
    Huck wrote:
    I'm dissapointed that Palin did'nt correct that fool about that and his bogus claim that 70% of Americans support a "assault" rifle ban. Besides, assault rifles are already banned.
    What???? :what:Who banned Assault Rifles??? As far as I know Assault rifles are not banned by the feds. What is your source??:shock:
    Heh heh. I'm sure you know what he means.

    All fully automatic weapons manufactured past 1986 are banned for public ownership, even with a FFL. This effectively has banned the rest of them manufactured before that, because they're prohibitively expensive for any regular citizen to buy (1000's of $$).

    The so-called Gun Owners Protection ACT of 1986, worst thing Reagan ever did, IMHO .

    That sucks and needs to be reversed.

    ...Orygunner...
    Private manufacture ban yes, private ownership ban no.
    I agree it was an evil and unconstitutional law. Where could there be interstate commerce in me making my own machine gun for my own use?
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,244

    Post imported post

    I'm voting McCain just for Sarah. I like to tell people, I'm voting for Sarah Palin and that scary senator she's running with.

  23. #23
    Guest

    Post imported post

    longwatch wrote:
    Here's another reason why I prefer McCain/Palin over Obama/Biden, amicus briefs for the Heller case. Both McCain and Palin signed onto briefs in favor of Hellers suit, Obama and Biden did not. I think that is also a pretty good example of why a candidates positions on gun control do matter even if they claim they don't have the votes to do what they want.
    Yea, and McCain was indicted for the Keaton -5 Savings & Loan Scandal and did do time!

  24. #24
    Guest

    Post imported post

    ama-gi wrote:
    I'm voting McCain just for Sarah. I like to tell people, I'm voting for Sarah Palin and that scary senator she's running with.
    Then you must not be well versed in Politics cause your voting fora LOSER!

  25. #25
    Guest

    Post imported post

    She and her little staff fit right in say working for Home Depot in their Customer Service Dept. Yep, ole Sarah Palin looks nothing more than a CSR at Home Depot...

    Anyway take a look at this article if you will...

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/us...pagewanted=all

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •