• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sarah Palin Is My Girl....Sarah on Guns

Thundar

imported post

Orygunner wrote:
Thundar wrote:
Huck wrote:
I'm dissapointed that Palin did'nt correct that fool about that and his bogus claim that 70% of Americans support a "assault" rifle ban. Besides, assault rifles are already banned.
What???? :what:Who banned Assault Rifles??? :cuss:As far as I know Assault rifles are not banned by the feds. What is your source??:shock:

Heh heh. I'm sure you know what he means.

All fully automatic weapons manufactured past 1986 are banned for public ownership, even with a FFL. This effectively has banned the rest of them manufactured before that, because they're prohibitively expensive for any regular citizen to buy (1000's of $$).

The so-called Gun Owners Protection ACT of 1986, worst thing Reagan ever did, IMHO :cuss:.

That sucks and needs to be reversed.

...Orygunner...
Private manufacture ban yes, private ownership ban no.
I agree it was an evil and unconstitutional law. Where could there be interstate commerce in me making my own machine gun for my own use?

G

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Here's another reason why I prefer McCain/Palin over Obama/Biden, amicus briefs for the Heller case. Both McCain and Palin signed onto briefs in favor of Hellers suit, Obama and Biden did not. I think that is also a pretty good example of why a candidates positions on gun control do matter even if they claim they don't have the votes to do what they want.
Yea, and McCain was indicted for the Keaton -5 Savings & Loan Scandal and did do time!

G

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
I'm voting McCain just for Sarah. I like to tell people, I'm voting for Sarah Palin and that scary senator she's running with.
Then you must not be well versed in Politics cause your voting fora LOSER!

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Dukester wrote:
longwatch wrote:
Here's another reason why I prefer McCain/Palin over Obama/Biden, amicus briefs for the Heller case. Both McCain and Palin signed onto briefs in favor of Hellers suit, Obama and Biden did not. I think that is also a pretty good example of why a candidates positions on gun control do matter even if they claim they don't have the votes to do what they want.
Yea, and McCain was indicted for the Keaton -5 Savings & Loan Scandal and did do time!
Seriously is that your response? You know some people might think you are an idiot, keep typing and you will confirm it.

ETA: Wikipedia is your friend.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keating_Five
After a lengthy investigation, the Senate Ethics Committee determined in 1991 that Alan Cranston, Dennis DeConcini, and Donald Riegle had substantially and improperly interfered with the FHLBB in its investigation of Lincoln Savings. Senators John Glenn and John McCain were cleared of having acted improperly but were criticized for having exercised "poor judgment".
All five of the senators involved served out their terms. Only Glenn and McCain ran for re-election, and they were both re-elected.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

longwatch wrote:
Dukester wrote:
Seriously is that your response? You know some people might think you are an idiot, keep typing and you will confirm it.

Dukester I tried to take you seriously at first but you have worked particularly diligently at earning your "T". You distort, twist use innuendo and would seem to be purely argumentative - and bearly remain on thread..

Yes, John McCain has done time - in a brutal POW interment camp! And your reference to it in that manner is not even cute.

I vote for allowing you to whither and blow away - alone.

Yata hey

G

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
longwatch wrote:
Dukester wrote:

Dukester I tried to take you seriously at first but you have worked particularly diligently at earning your "T". You distort, twist use innuendo and would seem to be purely argumentative - and bearly remain on thread..

Yes, John McCain has done time - in a brutal POW interment camp! And your reference to it in that manner is not even cute.

I vote for allowing you to whither and blow away - alone.

Yata hey
It just keeps getting better and better... http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/09/defense_mccain_FCS_091208/

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Bad post - will try to straighten it out in the morning when I am not so tired.

Sorry!

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Bad post - will try to straighten it out in the morning when I am not so tired.

Sorry!

Yata hey
No - I'm not even going to bother but somebody please give this gentleman and "R"

Yata hey

G

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Dukester wrote:
longwatch wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keating_Five
After a lengthy investigation, the Senate Ethics Committee determined in 1991 that Alan Cranston, Dennis DeConcini, and Donald Riegle had substantially and improperly interfered with the FHLBB in its investigation of Lincoln Savings. Senators John Glenn and John McCain were cleared of having acted improperly but were criticized for having exercised "poor judgment".
All five of the senators involved served out their terms. Only Glenn and McCain ran for re-election, and they were both re-elected.
I stand corrected...

forever_frost

imported post

I listened to Paulin at the RNC. While I was voting for McCain to begin with, she sealed the deal.

And here I was thinking that all women running for the White House had to be dogs.

unreconstructed1

imported post

I like Palin better than most politicians, and her nomination ALMOST convinced me to vote republicrat this year, but I'm sticking to my ethics and voting third party.

unreconstructed1

imported post

Dukester wrote:
What would Obama say, don't really know since he is not running on an ANTI-GUN Platform....

he is a party line democrat, and as such, his platform is that of the Democrats. Yes, he is running on an anti gun platform, although as a politician, he has carefully worded his sound bytes in order to ensure that people believe that he has the best interests of the "sportsmen" at heart...

mvpel

imported post

Dukester wrote:
There is absolutely nothing to be nervous about, I too am a gun owner/sportsman and if you think the Dems want to shut down an entire industry you are so wrong...
You're joking right?

The Democrats who passed the DC gun ban, which shut down the entire gun industry in Washington DC?

The Democrats who, in California and elsewhere, repeatedly introduce and/or pass things like 10-cent per round ammo taxes, massively expensive and unworkable microstamping schemes, ridiculous ballistic imaging databases, fifty-caliber bans, gun-possession permits, pointless registration databases, farcical "safety" inspections, "junk gun" bans, "assault weapon" bans based on cosmetic features of semi-auto rifles, gun show bans, handgun bans?

The Democrats who are trying to sue the gun industry into the ground by absurd vicarious-liability legal theories?

Those Democrats?

You're joking, right?

If you're not joking, you should at least try to be honest enough with yourself that you're voting Democrat because of your union pension or government sinecure or some such, instead of trying to kid yourself into believing that they're not anti-gun.

Obama VOTED AGAINST a law to protect Illinois residents who use a prohibited handgun to defend themselves in their own home. Obama evidently thought it was just dandy if someone who survived a home invasion using a handgun was prosecuted by the government that failed to protect them for possessing that same handgun.

IanB

imported post

Video from ABC's 20/20 interview with Palin. Topic: Gun control

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/fItcnWjWFSk&hl[/flash]

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/273403.php

September 14, 2008

Did Sarah Palin Single Handedly Save the Second Amendment? (Kat-Mo) I've made this point several times in other locations: women rule.
Actually, women make up over 51% of the population and were the largest demographic to vote in the 2004 elections. What the Bush campaign referred to as the "security moms" who swung the vote in favor of Bush even when it seemed Kerry had the lead.
Everywhere you look on the news and the net, people are paying attention to this important demographic in the polls.
In the past, the Democrats and other anti-gun organizations have used the natural fear that mothers have for their children to gain support for ever increasing restrictions on weapons. They have repeatedly used the accidental death of children (14 and younger) from fire arms as a bludgeon to create fear when these actual events are less than 2% of all gun related deaths, though 10% of all accidental deaths.
Along with these factors are the statistics that indicate that only 9% of the female population own a weapon. A greater percentage may know a male family member or friend who owns a weapon, but they are unlikely to be involved in any of the cultural or sporting events with those gun owners.
In short, the fear factor works because of the psychology of the fear of the unknown.
Sarah Palin may have single handedly changed the course of the second amendment's history...

...by encouraging women to go out and shoot something.
[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/BoIdhCL928I&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Armed

imported post

Dukester wrote:
Then you must not be well versed in Politics cause your voting fora LOSER!
Is that the basis of your vote? Gambling on who is going to be the winner?? This ain't like buying a lottery ticket, pal.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Huck wrote:
GIBSON: Isn't gun violence in America a health issue?

It's not gun violence. Inanimate objects do not commit any kind of actions on their own. People commit acts of violence.

I'm dissapointed that Palin did'nt correct that fool about that and his bogus claim that 70% of Americans support a "assault" rifle ban. Besides, assault rifles are already banned.

An assault rifle is a selective firerifleor carbine(not to be confused with a semi-automatic only replica) firing ammunitionwith muzzle energies intermediate between those typical of pistoland high-powered rifleammunition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle

Hell, if I can easily look up what a assault rifle really is the friggin media can too. They just dont want to, they'd rather lie than tell the truth.
You can buy a real assault rifle. You just have to jump through some hoops and spend a lot of money to do so.