• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A good response from a friend of mine to a ex New Yorker

JBinMontana

imported post

Well this happened at my friends daughters soccer game here in Montana. An ex NYPD Officer (retired) and his family were at this soccer game, and ran into a friend of mine who does work for one of the 3 letter guy's and he himself is getting ready to retire.

The guy's wife from NY, is all upset and asked him if he could do something about the open carrying that she has seen, and shooting she has heard... even though she lives out in the country where shooting on ones land is a right, and also this is a common and legal practice on US Forestry land as well as State land.

My friends response to her was this..... You and your family moved here to Montana, where it has been a long standing law that is protected by the states constitution,that all persons who can legally possess firearms in the state of Montana can also carry them openlyand shoot them out away from the city limits.

She got all huffy about it, and said........ If I had known Montana was like this, we would have stayed in New York City.

My freind responded with a great come back...........

Well the highway goes both ways,two lanes coming to Montana andtwo lanesleaving Montana, and I don't see an anchor attached to you.

They have not spoken since :celebrate

Welcome to the Great Outdoors.

Huck

imported post

Nice! It always pisses me off when people move somewhere and expect everyone that's lived there all their lives to change things to accomidate them.

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do"

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We have a similar if only slightly related issue around the DFW area. AS more people move away from urban areas to the surrounding country side, there are more news stories of people concerned that wild animals (wolves, coyotes, foxes, bobcats etc...) are killing their pets and endangering their children. With calls for "someone" to do something about it.

Well hello. If I move to a wildlife area I would hope to encounter wildlife. Just as if I move to Montana I would hope to encounter people expressing their freedom.

Good story Mr44Magnum. I enjoyed your friend's version of "don't let the door hit you on theyour out." And here's a nice, warmcup of STFU for your trip. 'By now.

Michigander

imported post

You'd think that if I can have the sensibility to know better than to move to New York, a hard core NY type would be smart enough to stay clear of a truely free state.

imperialism2024

imported post

Michigander wrote:
You'd think that if I can have the sensibility to know better than to move to New York, a hard core NY type would be smart enough to stay clear of a truely free state.
I guess they figure that if they were able to take over upstate New York, they can do the same to the rest of the country...

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Have you ever noticed that many people that relocate to another part of the country, to "get away from" the crap that went on where they came from, soon try to change the way things are done in the new location to the way it was done in the former location?

You have to wonder, why the heck do these people move in the first place?

forever_frost

imported post

I had someone come by the farm out here and ask me not to shoot my .50 cal rifle. Seems they didn't like the noise and had just bought property across the road from me. Of course I laughed at them and told them "If you don't like me shooting, you probably shouldn't have moved there. By the way, call the sheriff if you like. Last time he was out here, he was admiring my shotgun."

MITCH

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Michigander wrote:
I guess they figure that if they were able to take over upstate New York, they can do the same to the rest of the country...
Those from New York City have not taken over upstate. I've had a ccw permit for NY for over 50 years, lived for 30 years in upsstate on 130 acres where I had my own 100 yard rifle range, a trap field, and an indoor pistol range. Since I raised horses for a hobby I had many "city people" that were going to do me a favor by "renting" my show horses and complain about the shooting. They soon found out that we in upstate did not back down to their idea of what activities were acceptable and soon put their properties up for sale.

Now that I live in Arizona I find just as many people moving in from other areas with the idea of changing the way of life in Arizona.\

Guess it's the same all over. While working in Africa, American politicians came over with the idea of changing the lives of the Africians, and not for the better.