Thread: My new gun store....

Post imported post

Dominion Outdoors in Fishersville, Va (Ph. 540-337-9218) is hands down the place that I will go from now on, even though they're over an hour away. Here's a couple things that differ between my old gunstore which was Woodbrook Sports and Pro Shop (Ph. 540-974-1954) and the new Dominion Outdoors.

Price of guns- I just called both places looking for the price of a plain Jane Sig 226 or 229. Dominion had a new 226 for $819, woodbrook had the same gun for $910!!! That's just rediculous!!!!

Price of transfers - Getting a gun off gunbroker has been costing me $50 at woodbrook. Next time it'll only cost me $25 at Dominion.

Customer Service - You can't get any better than these guys. They're polite, educated, they don't rush you, they listen to what you want and get prices for that exact right thing.

Anyone else go to dominion? What'd you think of it? How about everyone else, have you found a new gun store recently?

Post imported post

I simply just stick to Virginia Arms ( Manassas) .They handle all my FFL Transfers. I believe the cost for that is only USD$20.00

Marine2000

Post imported post

MANASSAS???? >>>>Insert shivers here!!!<<<<

No seriously, I don't do well in congested traffic. I see driving the 1hr 15min that it takes to get to dominion slightly insane. Ain't no way I'm driving all the way to manassas. Thanks for the tip though. I don't think there are many OCDO members that live around here so your tip might be better than mine.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

357luvr wrote:
    MANASSAS???? >>>>Insert shivers here!!!<<<<

No seriously, I don't do well in congested traffic. I see driving the 1hr 15min that it takes to get to dominion slightly insane. Ain't no way I'm driving all the way to manassas. Thanks for the tip though. I don't think there are many OCDO members that live around here so your tip might be better than mine.
    We can't buy in Manassas anyway! It would be an out of state transaction...:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celeb rate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celeb rate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celeb rate:celebrate

Post imported post

have you tried this place in gordonsville if they are still there its been 15 years since i've ben in there. they're a little closer to barboursville.

Gordonsville Sport Supply‎ - more info »
    400 S High St, Gordonsville, VA - (540) 832-7013‎

joe

Post imported post

I'll have to give them a try on monday. I'd never heard of them until now but then again I never go towards Gordonsville. I'm maybe there a half dozen times a year. Either way, I will be calling them monday and let you all know what I think.

Post imported post

I'll stick with the Rockingham Co-Op until I move out of Harrisonburg.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Was way out in WV and a place called Jeff's Sporting Goods, near Weston, had exactly the same prices on S&W wheelguns as the Armory in Va.Beach had. So much for competition.

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

hey Abno,

Used to live up there myself. There was a nice hunting/tactical store out on S. Main at one point, but they closed back in 04 if memory serves. Never been a big fan of the Co-op honestly. How's the burg these days crime wise?

Post imported post

Might have to drive over and check 'em out. Woodbrookcan beridiculous with the prices. Mountain River over by the Flaming Wok might be a little better. The staff is definitely friendlier when I go in.

Post imported post

Woodbrook is an OK place, but the prices are slightly (severely) inflated on most items. Last time I went to Mountain River, they had like 2 guns total, no accessories, and the kid working the register could care less. I'll most likely never go back as I don't fish much, and that seemed to be what they sold a lot of. Where is this place in fishersville?

Post imported post

I bought my XD45 there a month ago. (of course, I live 5 minutes away )