• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My new gun store....

357luvr

imported post

Dominion Outdoors in Fishersville, Va (Ph. 540-337-9218) is hands down the place that I will go from now on, even though they're over an hour away. Here's a couple things that differ between my old gunstore which was Woodbrook Sports and Pro Shop (Ph. 540-974-1954) and the new Dominion Outdoors.

Price of guns- I just called both places looking for the price of a plain Jane Sig 226 or 229. Dominion had a new 226 for $819, woodbrook had the same gun for $910!!! That's just :cuss:rediculous!!!!

Price of transfers - Getting a gun off gunbroker has been costing me $50 at woodbrook. Next time it'll only cost me $25 at Dominion.

Customer Service - You can't get any better than these guys. They're polite, educated, they don't rush you, they listen to what you want and get prices for that exact right thing.

Anyone else go to dominion? What'd you think of it? How about everyone else, have you found a new gun store recently?

357luvr

imported post

MANASSAS???? >>>>Insert shivers here!!!<<<<

No seriously, I don't do well in congested traffic. I see driving the 1hr 15min that it takes to get to dominion slightly insane. Ain't no way I'm driving all the way to manassas. Thanks for the tip though. I don't think there are many OCDO members that live around here so your tip might be better than mine.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

357luvr wrote:
MANASSAS???? >>>>Insert shivers here!!!<<<<

No seriously, I don't do well in congested traffic. I see driving the 1hr 15min that it takes to get to dominion slightly insane. Ain't no way I'm driving all the way to manassas. Thanks for the tip though. I don't think there are many OCDO members that live around here so your tip might be better than mine.
We can't buy in Manassas anyway! It would be an out of state transaction...:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

357luvr

imported post

I'll have to give them a try on monday. I'd never heard of them until now but then again I never go towards Gordonsville. I'm maybe there a half dozen times a year. Either way, I will be calling them monday and let you all know what I think.

SoldierMedic

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

hey Abno,

Used to live up there myself. There was a nice hunting/tactical store out on S. Main at one point, but they closed back in 04 if memory serves. Never been a big fan of the Co-op honestly. How's the burg these days crime wise?

Nozoki

imported post

Might have to drive over and check 'em out. Woodbrookcan beridiculous with the prices. Mountain River over by the Flaming Wok might be a little better. The staff is definitely friendlier when I go in.

muzz3256

imported post

Woodbrook is an OK place, but the prices are slightly (severely) inflated on most items. Last time I went to Mountain River, they had like 2 guns total, no accessories, and the kid working the register could care less. I'll most likely never go back as I don't fish much, and that seemed to be what they sold a lot of. Where is this place in fishersville?