• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hanover Bass Pro Opens

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

October 2......Yahoo and at last.

Good timing too. Deer and Turkey come in on the 4th.:D

There;s a free, special event the evening before. I expect they;ll have lots of free stuff.:)

Oh, OC board:uhoh:....wear your gun!

mercutio545

imported post

I know, I've been waiting forever! Finally, one closer than Hampton. And I hear they're going to have a restaurant in this one? Awesome.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

mercutio545 wrote:
I know, I've been waiting forever! Finally, one closer than Hampton. And I hear they're going to have a restaurant in this one? Awesome.
Yep...seats 300 and,

The gun selection is supposed to me much bigger than Hampton.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
mercutio545 wrote:
Yep...seats 300 and,

The gun selection is supposed to me much bigger than Hampton.
Might be a new place for an OC dinner. Even though we would perhaps be preaching to the choir, we could increase awareness and gain more of a following. Guess I'll have to check out their menu and hours.

Yata hey

bayboy42

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
I have a meeting with them in a fewweeks. I'll be happy to give the place a look and let you guysknow how it checks out.
"How it checks out"............thats easy..........overpriced and always out of the good stuff.........just like all the other Bass Pro Shops:what::lol:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
I have a meeting with them in a fewweeks. I'll be happy to give the place a look and let you guysknow how it checks out.
"How it checks out"............thats easy..........overpriced and always out of the good stuff.........just like all the other Bass Pro Shops:what::lol:
There's a gun store or 2 close by to BP thatare even higher priced........you'll think that Bass Pro is the dollar store after shopping at those places.

bayboy42

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
bayboy42 wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
There's a gun store or 2 close by to BP thatare even higher priced........you'll think that Bass Pro is the dollar store after shopping at those places.
Now you leave GreenTop and Gander Mountain out of this:p

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
bayboy42 wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

hogans-heroes-2.jpg

I know nuth-thing!

67GT390FB

imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
bayboy42 wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

I have low expectations for Bass Pro. Stopped at the one outside of Charlotte, overpriced had a line at the gun counter and no clerks, had to go to another dept and drag someone over there to answer my question. This is further reinforced by the prior knowledge of the new Bass Pro's headGun Counter manager being more interested in his protein shake than the line of customers at his previous employers gun counter. nice guy just poor customer skills maybe he'll be a better manager than salesman as long ashehires knowledgable sales people w/ sales personalities.

though it would have to be better than the lack of knowledge i have encountered from the shoe clerks at Gander Mountain.

me: "Do you have a Browning A Bolt White Gold Medallion in .270 Win"

them:"yes we have one in 30-06 and heres one in .270"

me: "thats .270 WSM not .270 win"

them: "yep .270"

me:"thanks, goodbye"

Though i will admit the last time I was in Gander Mountain the individual there was helpful and way above the employee that didn't get the difference between .270 win and .270 wsm.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
bayboy42 wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
bayboy42 wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

I have low expectations for Bass Pro. Stopped at the one outside of Charlotte, overpriced had a line at the gun counter and no clerks, had to go to another dept and drag someone over there to answer my question. This is further reinforced by the prior knowledge of the new Bass Pro's headGun Counter manager being more interested in his protein shake than the line of customers at his previous employers gun counter. nice guy just poor customer skills maybe he'll be a better manager than salesman as long ashehires knowledgable sales people w/ sales personalities.

though it would have to be better than the lack of knowledge i have encountered from the shoe clerks at Gander Mountain.

me: "Do you have a Browning A Bolt White Gold Medallion in .270 Win"

them:"yes we have one in 30-06 and heres one in .270"

me: "thats .270 WSM not .270 win"

them: "yep .270"

me:"thanks, goodbye"

Though i will admit the last time I was in Gander Mountain the individual there was helpful and way above the employee that didn't get the difference between .270 win and .270 wsm.

I've had the same problem with the gun counter at the Bass Pro in Hampton. I don't go there to buy guns though (They want paperwork)

I was talking to the Gunsmith at Gander last week. He told me that after all my hell raising, they have replaced most of the problem people in the store....I'm still not buying anything there though.

mercutio545

imported post

peter nap wrote:
I've had the same problem with the gun counter at the Bass Pro in Hampton. I don't go there to buy guns though (They want paperwork)

I was talking to the Gunsmith at Gander last week. He told me that after all my hell raising, they have replaced most of the problem people in the store....I'm still not buying anything there though.
I'd never buy any guns at Gander Mtn either.... mainly due to the jacked up prices. WOW. It would be cheaper to order online, and just pay the FFL transfer fee. From what I remember though, the Bass Pro in Hampton had better prices.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I'm looking forward to it. I just like being Bass Pro. Hopefully they will have some free stuff and specials on the first day. When Hampton opened, I got pocket binoculars (Usable quality) for 5.99 a pair.

Everyone got pocket binoculars in their stockings that year:lol:

Then on the 3rd, off for a week of turkey and deer hunting. I instructed my son and wife what to watch for in the stock market and what to do if it happens, and told them if I wasn;t back in a week, I was either having fun or dead. In either case, don't bother me!:X

Then on the 11th (Opening day of bear season):( to Chincoteague for the oyster festival and the next day I'll see how Bass Pro is doing.

Then off for another week of Bear hunting:)

Come to think of it, they picked a bad time to open!:shock:

sitedzn

imported post

I think they were pushing to open up just prior to 10/4 season opener.

Oh, looky what I saw on my game cam! I'm all pumped up now!

PIC-0051.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

sitedzn wrote:
I think they were pushing to open up just prior to 10/4 season opener.

Oh, looky what I saw on my game cam! I'm all pumped up now!

PIC-0051.jpg

Give GPS coordinates please. :lol:

Yata hey

sitedzn

imported post

I'll tell you this much - PRIVATE land in approx. area of new state fair.:D

this was taken on the same property last year (not me - I went 0 for last year):

100_5284.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

sitedzn wrote:
I'll tell you this much - PRIVATE land in approx. area of new state fair.:D

this was taken on the same property last year (not me - I went 0 for last year):
I used to hunt that area 30-35 years ago. It was exceptional then.

Yata hey

Chkultr

imported post

Yall do realize BPS is already open. Were up and running last week! The Big to do opening is on the 2nd of Oct. You will be able to meet John Morris, the Red Head Deer exhibit and so on!

Why wait til the 2nd?