• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hanover Bass Pro Opens

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Chkultr wrote:
Yall do realize BPS is already open. Were up and running last week! The Big to do opening is on the 2nd of Oct. You will be able to meet John Morris, the Red Head Deer exhibit and so on!

Why wait til the 2nd?
I wondered if they were going to do that. Gotta go to AG Supply and get a new shaft for my bush hog...then I'll pay them a visit!

Thanks!:)

Chkultr

imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
Well, heck, that might warrant a drive from Fairfax.

Never been in one of their stores, or a Cabella's for that matter.
I have been to BPS headquarters and OMG! That store is huge. My dad (rip) and I made a detour on the way home from Tulsa to go to that store! Full blown buses extended out in the showroom. That store was amazing.

30th b day I went to Hershey and made a trip to Hamburg! once again OMG! Now this store has customer service down! The store is huge! I bought so much stuff from this store!!!

If you have the chance to go don't miss it!

sitedzn

imported post

FYI, I just left BPS and the cashier told me they've been open since the Wednesday before last (9/17).

Didn't have time to browse handgun selection, but the holsters were few and far between - I aisle, +/- 25' long, both sides.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

sitedzn wrote:
FYI, I just left BPS and the cashier told me they've been open since the Wednesday before last (9/17).

Didn't have time to browse handgun selection, but the holsters were few and far between - I aisle, +/- 25' long, both sides.
I spent about 3 hours there yesterday and 4 today and, ate in the restaurant both days.

All I can say is, I'm impresses. I spent about $1500.00 in the two days...but just look at the bargains I got.:what:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

peter nap wrote:
sitedzn wrote:

I spent about 3 hours there yesterday and 4 today and, ate in the restaurant both days.

All I can say is, I'm impresses. I spent about $1500.00 in the two days...but just look at the bargains I got.:what:

Peter = how was the restaurant?

I looked at the menu and the prices looked reasonable.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ProShooter wrote: Peter = how was the restaurant?

I looked at the menu and the prices looked reasonable.

It was very very good. It;s not as casual as Joes Crab Shack next to the Hampton BP, but the prices are about the same.

The service was top notch and the food was very good.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Oh....I also bought Christmas gifts for some of our members......

0006.gif
0006.gif
0006.gif
0006.gif
0006.gif
0006.gif
0006.gif

Chkultr

imported post

My friend that works at the Hanover BPS said Wed is the day when all the big wigs will be there! She said you can go online select that store and check out all the give aways! She said the tackle boxes have gift cards that range from $5-$100! Thursday is the other big to do day!

A secret tip from her.....Thes store is crazy busy right now. Especially the hunting department, but no surprise there since huntin season is in 2 weeks!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Chkultr wrote:
My friend that works at the Hanover BPS said Wed is the day when all the big wigs will be there! She said you can go online select that store and check out all the give aways! She said the tackle boxes have gift cards that range from $5-$100! Thursday is the other big to do day!

A secret tip from her.....Thes store is crazy busy right now. Especially the hunting department, but no surprise there since huntin season is in 2 weeks!

Just so it pertains to OC, the gun section is much better than Hampton.

It was nonstop busy today but I have to give the employees an A+. I get mad at Hampton because I can never get anyone to answer questions. They had all the employees on high alert today.

I wanted a certain bowcase that I couldn't find. Turned out they had sold all of them on the floor. The fellow went in the back and looked until he found one.

I bought a miniature video camera to mount on my bow. I told the salesman how many game cams I had and he asked me questions about all the ones they had on the rack. He said he wanted to be able to give his customers better answers.

I bought a ?????? for D???? and N????.
The salesman wanted to know if I had used one before and how well it worked. I told him I hadn't used one, I justr cut the whole thing out.:shock:

I love the second floor they have!

n1.jpg

Scott

imported post

From what I saw they were overpriced on many items as compared to Dick's and Green Top. Worth the time to price shop. I was told by an employee that there will be a big sale on the Grand Opening (Oct 2) so go look now and buy later. Internet shopping can still beat them all if you do not need instant gratification.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Scott wrote:
From what I saw they were overpriced on many items as compared to Dick's and Green Top. Worth the time to price shop. I was told by an employee that there will be a big sale on the Grand Opening (Oct 2) so go look now and buy later. Internet shopping can still beat them all if you do not need instant gratification.
I don't think there were any real bargins there either Scott. I was just enjoying the building (My farm house is Scandinavian scribe logmuch like the framing in the building (even though the stuff in the building is for show mostly). I enjoy doing that kind of framing and like looking at the designs they use.

Greentops will always beat their prices. BP is just an enjoyable place to go.

DSCN0689.jpg

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Oh...one thing about the Restaurant Pro Shooter. The fried Alligator gives yiu gas so if there's any chance of being DETAINED that day, you might want to pass on it.:(

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

savery wrote:
Just stopped by... Not impressed.

i guess it's ok if you like overpriced stuff.....
The prices weren't that bad in fact, the bow case was a little over 10.00 less than Cabelas after shipping.

sitedzn

imported post

Chkultr wrote:

It was a little crazy there, but I didn't think it was too bad. Oh, season starts in T-minus 6 DAYS! WOOHOO!!:celebrate

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

sitedzn wrote:
Chkultr wrote:

It was a little crazy there, but I didn't think it was too bad. Oh, season starts in T-minus 6 DAYS! WOOHOO!!:celebrate
+1

34.gif

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Had dinner there tonight....only a 30 minute wait which goes quickly in that store.

The calimari and fried alligator were good. Wife had garlic mussels and I had the burger with 1/4 pound of bacon.....good stuff! Prices werent too bad either.

oh and Peter - you were right about the fried alligator and gas.......whew!