• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starting from scratch: Need advice

tricityguy

imported post

Yup - I already have an XD 9mm Tactical. Think I'll just buy a Crimson Trace for it, find a nice holster and start carrying.

tricityguy

imported post

First OC: Last night. Had some errands to run and figured I've nothing to wait for. So I ran myself through the laws once more to be sure I was familiar, grabbed the XD9 and the plastic holster it came with (note: I'm definitely buying a proper holster right away) and headed to Home Depot wearing shorts, a t-shirt and this big old gun just hanging from my hip.

Result? Nothing, thankfully. Nobody seemed to notice or care. Several employees helped me find things without so much as glancing at my weapon, let alone mentioning it. Later, I went into a gas station to grab something and had the same experience. I was quite pleased.

I really, really like OCing. For me, it's much more comfortable than trying to conceal - and I doubt I could possibly conceal that tactical model XD9 on myself, anyway, so OCing lets me carry a more capable weapon than the 3032 Tomcat. I'll use the Tomcat as a BUG, only making it my primary in places where I need to conceal.

Anyway, I appreciate this forum and all of the ground work you folks have done to ensure LEO recognizes our rights in this matter. It is through your efforts that I am allowed to enjoy this freedom, and I thank you for that.