• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Leesburg, Va. Multi-State Meet-up

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Only one serious die hard made the trip but Pa. was thus well represented - we qualify as old friends now. :D

Great food (I'd do it again!) and conversation. Definitely worth the drive.

Wishing Pa.Patriot a speedy recovery - we share a common problem but at least for me it is easy to control.

Yata hey

lprgcFrank

imported post

Hey Grapeshot - you're undercounting the PA group - Fingers, Pro2A and I were there from PA. I was the one talking about the Appleseed program.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

lprgcFrank wrote:
Hey Grapeshot - you're undercounting the PA group - Fingers, Pro2A and I were there from PA. I was the one talking about the Appleseed program.
Hey my apologies - too much ice tea - if we do this again, I'm going to provide a sign-in log so that I can keep track of everybody - and relate their screen name to at least their first name.

In fact, I think maybe we'll start that locally for our OC dinners, especially when we have newbies and guests - it'll help everyone.

Again my apologies - was rushing to get my few pictures on-line - wish I had taken more and from the front so we could see faces too.

Yata hey

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
SNIP if we do this again, I'm going to provide a sign-in log so that I can keep track of everybody - and relate their screen name to at least their first name.
Well, that governmentinfiltrator just blew his cover. :):p

edstephan

imported post

I had been planning to attend since we got a time and place. Our adventure started early today. My wife and I were to start out at 6:00am, started the truck and had a headlight burn out (1st sign of bad things to come). We were to meet Fingers80002 at Breezewood. We started late 6:45am due to headlight change, feeding the dogs and other chores that needed to be done. On the way out RT422 fingers80002 calls to say he just got to Breezewood, we are still 45min away in Ebensburg and told him he might as well head to Va. and well try to catch up, if not we would meet him there. Then truck starts acting up so we stop at Sheetz in Gallitzin to try to determine the problem (of course a Pa State LEO was there, he did a double take at my sidearm but that was it). At this point we could not take the chance of being stranded with a broken truck so we decided to head back home that way if the truck died we wouldn't be to far from home. I called fingers80002 and told we were having vehicle problems and decided to head back home and wished him a good time at the lunch. When we got west of Indiana Pa. (close to home) the truck decided it would start running the way it should. We finally got back home about 9:30am. Sorry for not making it. It was poor planning on my part.
Ok, now you can start rubbing it in as to the great time everyone had and what we missed.

Ed

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
SNIP if we do this again, I'm going to provide a sign-in log so that I can keep track of everybody - and relate their screen name to at least their first name.
Well, that governmentinfiltrator just blew his cover. :):p
Good, very good. You have to understand, I am working on my retirement and it's quicker if you get paid by both sides. Besides, you haven't even seen Skidmark's photos complete with iris prints yet. :)

Seriously, I don't remember names well - never have. When I'm the new guy, I have 10 to 100 names to remember and you only have one! Never forget our first VCDL picnic - I could recall 2 or 3 three names correctly and D had 25-30 down pat.

Yata hey

pro2A

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
lprgcFrank wrote:
Hey my apologies - too much ice tea - if we do this again, I'm going to provide a sign-in log so that I can keep track of everybody - and relate their screen name to at least their first name.

In fact, I think maybe we'll start that locally for our OC dinners, especially when we have newbies and guests - it'll help everyone.

Again my apologies - was rushing to get my few pictures on-line - wish I had taken more and from the front so we could see faces too.

Yata hey
I made an attempt to get everyone to put their name, user name and state on their name tags.... didn't quite work out too well. :?