• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Leesburg Multi-state Meet-up

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Could not find an active link to RSVP the picnic -anybody got it or is an email the best bet? How much ammo is recommended?

Yata hey
They ask people to e-mail RSVPs. Those without e-mail can call the VCDL number; it'll be in The Defender if I get it out soon enough.

Don't know what kind of shoot will be set up, so no idea how much ammo. I'd figure 75-100 rounds if you're going to shoot, but then I seldom have a range bag without about 200 rounds.

nova

imported post

Oh yeah...this is the picnic with the shoot! Too bad I'm not old enough to participate...:?

I'll have to see if I'm free to make it down anyways because I always enjoy the company of fellow OCers! :cool:

SFDoc

imported post

nova wrote:
Oh yeah...this is the picnic with the shoot! Too bad I'm not old enough to participate...:?

I'll have to see if I'm free to make it down anyways because I always enjoy the company of fellow OCers! :cool:

As far as I know, there's no age limit for the VCDL picnic and shoot listed in the alerts/news letters thatI've seen thus far.

There is an age limit on the match Cedar Mountian puts on.

Jason Rogers

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
We met new friends and renewed old acquaintances at Red, Hot & Blue in Leesburg, A common element joined people from Del., Pa,. Md., W. Va. and Va. The food was only out done by the conversation.

All age groups were represented - baby in carrier, young preteens, couples, spouses, singles, two mothers-to-be and a pithy, slightly older gentleman. Someone said that they thought from his postings that he must have been a young firebrand or something like that. Thanks Harper and good luck! Philip of VCDL fame even snuck in the front door.

Thanks Grapeshot. It was an absolute pleasure meeting you. We had a great time and I am glad so many people attended. Can't wait to do it again.

hsmith

imported post

I wish I could have made it, I was in SC (so, unarmed :() looking at dogs!

Glad to hear you all had a good time

nova

imported post

SFDoc wrote:
nova wrote:

As far as I know, there's no age limit for the VCDL picnic and shoot listed in the alerts/news letters thatI've seen thus far.

There is an age limit on the match Cedar Mountian puts on.
I should have made my post clearer. The shooting match is what I was referring to. :)