• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New guy

eleuthera

imported post

Hey everyone, I just turned 21 and am the proud owner of a beautifulsig p226. Wanted to let you guys know that I 100% support the OC & CC movements. OC isn't much of a solution, but it'san awesome way to raise awareness of the CC issue. I'm considering attempting OC in downtown milwaukee, but I'll have to do more research on it first. And I'll have to buy a gun that I wouldn't mind the gov holding onto for 6+ months. :-(

I'd like to publicly thank Parabellum for his work in this area, we're all benefitting from his trailblazing.

I'm also wondering why more haven't followed in his footsteps. Does a DC w/ weapon charge bar you from owning a gun? What are the harshest penalties they can dole out for that?

On another note...we should get merch. And be more organized...how many milwaukee members are there? Do we have a "voter's guide" on the candidate's weapons positions? Obviously 99% of the time it's just "vote republican," but what about races where it's a right leaning dem vs a "obama" dem?

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Welcome!

No "charge" bans you from owning a gun. A disorderly conduct conviction won't bar you from having a firearm, unless, as I understand it, it involved a "domestic" situation.

Downtown Milwaukee ought to be fun and interesting! Hey, it's just a Sig Sauer! ;)

Madison Police told me recently that barring any obvious law breaking, their officers would [make that 'ought' to] simply observe unobtrusively to assure no law violations are occuring. I'd be pleasantly surprised to find that to be true of all LEOsin Madison, and shocked to find it to be true in Milwaukee. I think the chances of it being true in Madison are improving due to an effort to educate the department and its officers. They're aware that I haveOC'dand have not suggested that I discontinue the practice.

Pointman

imported post

eleuthera wrote:
.... OC isn't much of a solution, but it'san awesome way to raise awareness of the CC issue. ....

I'm also wondering why more haven't followed in his footsteps. Does a DC w/ weapon charge bar you from owning a gun? What are the harshest penalties they can dole out for that? ....

Do we have a "voter's guide" on the candidate's weapons positions? Obviously 99% of the time it's just "vote republican," but what about races where it's a right leaning dem vs a "obama" dem?
What problem are you trying to solve? Open carry isn't right for all situations, just as concealed carry (if lawful) would not be right for all situations. Open carry tends to deter criminals from committing crimes, therefore keeping the gun owner safer and potentially saving lives, possibly giving thebad personanother chance at becoming an honest citizen.

pkbites

imported post

Shotgun wrote:
A disorderly conduct conviction won't bar you from having a firearm,

Not yet it doesn't.

But if Governor Doyle has his way individuals convicted of any offense in which they were in possession of a firearm will be forever barred from owning guns.

This means a conviction of DC While Armed would forfiet ones otherwise constitutionally protected rights.:what:

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Weclome, some of us (or at least myself) are passionate about OC and our second ammendment rights but lack some of the needed resources in a case of the arrest ($$$ all i have is guns and my savings for a car and college in my name) lol.However if we should do something as a group count me in! oc picnic, cookout, march you name it! If ya do/when you open carry watch out for the school zones!!!! There are great resources here as well as good knowledgeable people that could help ya out. Hope we get more organized some day!

Ben