• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Puyallup Fair

zakst1

imported post

Their website posts the following information:

For Fairgoer safety, the following items are not allowed on the Fairgrounds:
  • Open Containers
  • Alcoholic Beverages
  • Controlled Substances
  • Boom Boxes
  • Weapons
  • Roller Skates
  • Skate Boards
  • Bicycles
  • Unauthorized Vehicles
  • Animals - (Except aid dogs or show animals with permits)
If it is public property, then am I correct to say that this is repealed under RCW 9.41.290?

I'm not sure if what I could find as the "Western Washington Fair Association" is a public or private entity. They referred to the facilities as a community resource.

I had a similar situation occur at the Kitsap fair. They posted a "No Weapons" sign at the gate which I knew had to be illegal due to it being public grounds and state preemption.

BlaineG

imported post

Interesting...don't they have a Beer Tent? I guess they don't want you to bring in your own stuff....

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Puyallup Fair is run by the

Western Washington Fair Association
110 9th Avenue SW
Puyallup, WA 98371-0162

I treat it like the malls in the area.