• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Community Project Ideas

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I know many members have your own areas that need attention but no matter the location anything we can do that makes us look good has to be an advantage.

Cleanup And Revitalization EffortS
http://www.cityoftacoma.org/Page.aspx?hid=1768

Graffiti Removal:
To organize a graffiti paint-out in Tacoma. Call Safe Streets at 272-6824 for information.

Adopt A Spot:
Imagine OCDO taking care of a kids park or a traffic circle?

Cleanup and beautification projects:
Elderly or disabled in your neighborhood that could use help with disposing of yard debris.

Revitalization, Blighted Structures Program:

This program assists low-income, elderly or disabled residents with the costs of repairing or replacing decayed fences and making minor repairs or demolition of garages and other outbuildings.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
I think that the "graffiti removal" and "adopt a spot" ones will produce the most publicity for us
Oooh Oly is full of graffiti, especially around The Evergreen State College...

scarlett1125

imported post

I would have to say that I think that the Cleanup and beautification and the
Revitalization, Blighted Structures Program would give us the best opportunities to educate others. While it is important to be out in the public, it is also important to have/create opportunities to talk with others about OC and its value to our communities.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

With the wetter months fast approching, graffiti removal may be our only opting at this time. Unless someone else wants to take point on this I'll make some calls and see what is needed to set this up, then solicit ideas for the members.

Dave The Welder

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Dave The Welder wrote:
I think that the "graffiti removal" and "adopt a spot" ones will produce the most publicity for us
Well then, it's up to us as responsible citizens to lead those students by example and take pride in our community by cleaning up the graffiti in the city around the campus....while exercising ALL of our rights:what:

Bear 45/70

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Dave The Welder wrote:
Well then, it's up to us as responsible citizens to lead those students by example and take pride in our community by cleaning up the graffiti in the city around the campus....while exercising ALL of our rights:what:
The College is in the County.

Bear 45/70

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Yah and I wish they would fence it in and require special permission to enter or leave it.
No, just to leave it. :lol:
roflrofl.gif

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Yah and I wish they would fence it in and require special permission to enter or leave it.
LOL. :lol:
Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Dave The Welder

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Dave The Welder wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
LOL. :lol:
Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
"Wait a minute. There's a substantial dollar value attached to that campus and I don't think that you or I are qualified to make that type of decision." :lol: Glad to see that I'm no the only one who has watched Aliens more than once

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
"Wait a minute. There's a substantial dollar value attached to that campus and I don't think that you or I are qualified to make that type of decision."
Ok, how about having some firefighting tanker planes fly overhead and drop loads of soap and water?

grishnav

imported post

One I've been thinking about trying to organize... A pro-freedom/firearm/self-defense book drive for one of the public libraries. For some reason, they all tend to be extremely lacking in this area, and they seem to ignore suggestions for self defense books when made... but almost every library happily accepts book donations. :celebrate

Bear 45/70

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Dave The Welder wrote:
"Wait a minute. There's a substantial dollar value attached to that campus and I don't think that you or I are qualified to make that type of decision."
Ok, how about having some firefighting tanker planes fly overhead and drop loads of soap and water?
Then comes a frontal assault with scrub brushes,scissors and razors. Then start scrubbin', cuttin'and shavin'.:) Do a major cleanup job.