• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chicago Cubs World Series Victory or Chicago respecting the 2A - which will happen first?

Thundar

imported post

Chicago Cubs World Series Victory or Chicago respecting the 2A - which will happen first? I don't intend to offend the very loyal Cubs fans, but really I find either proposition to be extremely unlikely. What say you?

Decoligny

imported post

You forgot to include these:

1. "Bigfoot graduates from Harvard"

2. "Atlantis rises to surface off the coast of New York"

3. "Peace achieved between Jews and Muslims in Middle East".

Deanimator

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
You forgot to include these:

1. "Bigfoot graduates from Harvard"

2. "Atlantis rises to surface off the coast of New York"

3. "Peace achieved between Jews and Muslims in Middle East".
4. Rosie O'Donnell has a coherent thought.

Deanimator

imported post

trailblazer2003 wrote:
None of the above until Daley leaves office. My how things will change if that day ever comes!
When he leaves, it will either be in cuffs or horizontally.

As for Chicago, there are NO "rights" in Chicago, just privileges bought and sold, and that's just the way the inhabitants like it.

Two things matter in Chicago, money and malice. Throw a couple of shekels at a Chicagoan and he'll go along with pretty much anything... even if you just stole those couple of shekels from him five minutes previously. Make him think you're hurting some group he doesn't like and he'll follow you off the edge of a cliff and straight into the mouth of a volcano. In Chicago Whites hate Blacks, Blacks hate Jews, Mexicans hate Puerto Ricans, mainland Italians hate Sicilians. If there are [extraterrestrial] aliens living there, the Romulans surely hate the Vulcans.

I lived there until I went to college and joined the Army. Chicagoans are like North Koreans; they simply don't know any other way. Unlike North Koreans, they have no excuse for being unable to conceive of another way.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Thundar wrote:
Chicago Cubs World Series Victory or Chicago respecting the 2A - which will happen first? I don't intend to offend the very loyal Cubs fans, but really I find either proposition to be extremely unlikely. What say you?
:D I think the Cubs will THREEPEAT the World Series first.