• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ranges that allows guests without a permit

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Are there any? I saw a sign for one up in the middle of no where at the end of I384, which is much too far away for me, and that's about it. Wolf's is local to me, but, being the assholes that they are, they don't even allow someone to WATCH without a permit.Hoffman's new range is almostopen, but being the assholes they are I'm not expecting much.

I know most private clubs allow guests with no permit to shoot, but I don't shoot nearly enough to justify paying dues. So is there any publicrange around here(preferablycentral area of the state) that anyone knows of whereI can take a guest to shoot without them having a permit?

sdrct

imported post

Wolf's may have changed their policy, but they used to allow guests that sign the Waiver shoot with you on your lane. They needed to be under your direct supervision, and are not allowed to use their rental guns. My son took the NRA course when he was 17, and was allowed (by the owner, who safetycheckedhis performance on the firing line) to shoot on his own lane while I shot next to him, a policy that continues to this day, 4 years later.

LKB3rd

imported post

Chris's Indoor Range in Guilford allows non permitted people to shoot. Blue Trail Range in Wallingford does as well. Chris's has rentals, Blue Trail does not.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?Q=412550&A=2711

Glad to know they don't ask for permits. I figured Blue Train didn't require permits either, but for $27/hr on weekends they should be providing you with a permit, rental, instruction, and sexual favors. lol

I called Wolf's and they told me guests are required to have a permit to even set foot out in the shooting area. Who's to say if that's the actual policy or if that's just what the jerk off that was working that day felt like saying. Do you know the owner's name? Is he normally there? I'd love to speak to someone there that isn't an @#$%.

dbernor

imported post

The Indoor Range in Monroe on Rt 25 does NOT allow non-permittees in the range at all.

I believe the State range in the Naugatuck forest allows for guests, but I'm not sure.

sdrct

imported post

The owner of Wolf's Range is Ray Sausanavitch. Maybe there is a change in policy there, if so that's a problem for me, I have a few non permitted friends that like to shoot with me on occaision.

wolfsemployee

imported post

i like what you guys post about wolf's, not to be mean but we are a safe range and have insurance policies as well as our own policies, and that your guests cant go out in the range, is one of them. thats what the lounge is for.if you dont have your permit for 1 yr with one years experience... then you cant bring guests. guests with out a permit cannot use rentals.the policy is there for yours and our safety. sorry for the other employees attitudes if they gave you one. my name is mark sausanavitch. i am an employee there. the owner, my uncle ray is usually there in the day time during the week tue-sun. and for your info...blue trails was forced to close down.- have a nice day

JUMPMASTER

imported post

I went there one day and asked if it was ok to bring a friend to shoot with me and introduce the sport. The guy asked me how long I've been shooting. I told him the number of years I've been shooting and he said no problem.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

wolfsemployee wrote:
i like what you guys post about wolf's, not to be mean but we are a safe range and have insurance policies as well as our own policies, and that your guests cant go out in the range, is one of them. thats what the lounge is for.if you dont have your permit for 1 yr with one years experience... then you cant bring guests. guests with out a permit cannot use rentals.the policy is there for yours and our safety. sorry for the other employees attitudes if they gave you one. my name is mark sausanavitch. i am an employee there. the owner, my uncle ray is usually there in the day time during the week tue-sun. and for your info...blue trails was forced to close down.- have a nice day

Thanks for the clarification. And to clarify my end of things, I'm not talking down about the employees simply because I cannot bring a guest (it's understandable that I can't). The issue is that myself, as well as a pretty diverse number ofpeople I know, get constant attitude from theemployees there. Aside from one older gentleman who was very friendly and helpful (maybe it was your uncle?), I have yet to meet someone there that doesn't havea chip on their shoulder (and this is going all the way back to my days onthe junior smallbore team).

GoldCoaster

imported post

30 cal slut wrote:
i believe bridgeport shooting range (indoor) allows permit-less guests to shoot handguns.

http://www.bridgeportshootingrange.com

permit-less folk who want to shoot solo (using a rental handgungun) are required to take the NRA Safety Course first.
Yes you can bring a guest to this range and they must shoot from your lane, ie, both of you won't be shooting at the same time.

This is a decent range with good people running it.

dbernor

imported post

GoldCoaster wrote:
30 cal slut wrote:
i believe bridgeport shooting range (indoor) allows permit-less guests to shoot handguns.

permit-less folk who want to shoot solo (using a rental handgun gun) are required to take the NRA Safety Course first.
Yes you can bring a guest to this range and they must shoot from your lane, ie, both of you won't be shooting at the same time.

I agree, decent range. Neighborhood sucks but the range itself is good.

GoldCoaster

imported post

dbernor wrote:
GoldCoaster wrote:
30 cal slut wrote:

permit-less folk who want to shoot solo (using a rental handgungun) are required to take the NRA Safety Course first.

I agree, decent range. Neighborhood sucks but the range itself is good.
Haha, my thoughts exactly, I enter the parking lot with my PP* magazine in place, and I put it back in place when I leave. If the hoodlums have one iota of brainpower they'd probably give mugging people in that parking lot a miss. The potential for getting perforated is pretty darn high.

*hollowpoints in the magazine rather than the cheaper range type ammo that I use in the range.

mark9073

imported post

you must be one of those @#44@234$#@@! that don't follow rules. This is the reason insurance and liability is the way it is. so before you start bashing indoor ranges you really need to look at your'e own @$%#@ attitude..yes i'm offended by the comments abouts wolf's indoor range. the people they're are always proffessional in the way they deal with the public, unless again your'e just a ^%%^#@ that doesn't like rules, then they will treat you as an ass.

dbernor

imported post

mark9073 wrote:
you must be one of those @#44@234$#@@!  that don't follow rules. This is the reason insurance and liability is the way it is. so before you start bashing indoor ranges you really need to look at your'e own @$%#@  attitude..  yes i'm offended by the comments abouts wolf's indoor range.  the people  they're are always proffessional in the way they deal with the public, unless again your'e just a ^%%^#@  that doesn't like rules, then they will treat you as an ass.

Even though I didn't make any posts "Bashing" Wolf's range, I am replying.

If it offends you so greatly, don't read it.

Personally, your responses; laced with implied swears offends me. Everyone has an opinion and even if it offended you, it doesn't make it any less valid.

Might I suggest Anger management classes for you?

Edit*****
Just realized that both of Marks comments were his first.
So you actually joined this forum for the sole purpose of complaining about a post here.

After careful consideration of those facts, I have come to the following conclusion: GTFO

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

mark9073 wrote:
you must be one of those @#44@234$#@@! that don't follow rules. This is the reason insurance and liability is the way it is. so before you start bashing indoor ranges you really need to look at your'e own @$%#@ attitude..yes i'm offended by the comments abouts wolf's indoor range. the people they're are always proffessional in the way they deal with the public, unless again your'e just a ^%%^#@ that doesn't like rules, then they will treat you as an ass.

Boo hoo.

Iknow 5-6 other people, all unrelated, that can attest to the attitude of Wolf's employees.

As for the OT, we ended up going to the DEP range. Nice bunch of people, nice outdoor range, no permits required, very well supervised, and best of all... free.