• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We Need $40 ASAP to Keep the I-35 Billboard up thru end of November!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Folks (and not just Texans) - as you can see from the 3 Lori-meters on the front page of OpenCarry.org, we have noted what funding levels we need by what time t6o renew contracts.

See:

http://www.opencarry.org/billboard.html (CURRENT TOP PRIORITY - we need $40 more by 1 OCT 08!!

http://www.opencarry.org/taxi.html

http://www.opencarry.org/houston.html

--

The top priority right now is to raise the funds needed to extend the I-35 bill board contract for another month - we initially paid for 2four week periods, and have extended for one more and have the funds already - but to get another month and keep the billboard up into December, we need $725 more - if you have not yet donated any money yet, now would be the time, thanks!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Mike wrote:
The top priority right now is to raise the funds needed to extend the I-35 bill board contract for another month - we initially paid for 2four week periods, and have extended for one more and have the funds already - but to get another month and keep the billboard up into December, we need $725 more - if you have not yet donated any money yet, now would be the time, thanks!
UPDATE on Sunday 28 SEP 08: Folks - we are still $475 short for the 1 OCT deadline to renew the I-35 bill board through the end of November. If you have not yet given for the Texas OC reights restoation fund, or if you have some extra cash to spare or just want to raise your status to Founder's Club members, please give accordingly today via http://www.opencarry.org/billboard.html.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I don't get paid until the 3rd, but I suppose I can cough up another 100. Is there a Triple Founders Club Memebership?

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
I don't get paid until the 3rd, but I suppose I can cough up another 100. Is there a Triple Founders Club Memebership?

:)

We need to think about what to do for those of you who have done such things!!!

But until then, I can only say THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

jpierce wrote:
PrayingForWar wrote:

You do enough already, I'm on the other side of the world working on weapons, you're working on letting me carry mine comfortably when I get home. Thank YOU.

rodbender

imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
jpierce wrote:
PrayingForWar wrote:

You do enough already, I'm on the other side of the world working on weapons, you're working on letting me carry mine comfortably when I get home. Thank YOU.
I agree, PrayingForWar, they've done plenty. I just thank God that they are willing to do so much for us here in Texas. Especially consideringwhat they have to gain for the amount of time they'veput into it, which is very little.THANK YOU JOHN AND MIKE.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

hardtarget wrote:
All I could do now is $10.00. Not much, but a little. I live in Florida, but support the cause. Thx!
Great! John will update your status when he confirms the donation. Just think, if all 9,000 or so OCDO members each gave $10 we would have nearly $100K to fight this battle!!

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Unfortunately I had to wait for a check to clear into my account, but my $10 has now been donated... Hopefully it isn't too late! I see the meter shows that we are only a few dollars away so hopefully it was covered and the meter just needs to be updated again!

rodbender

imported post

Mike, Just sent another $50

Edit: Folks, we are going to have to do better than this if we expect these ads to survive through the legislative session. I know times are a little tough right now, but I think with a little better planning we can keep these ads up. You get what you pay for. Bottom line....If you ain'twilling to pay the price, then itain't gonnahappen. I thinkalmost anyoneshould be able togive about$5 a week to each ad campaign, but anything helps.