• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting Weekend

lichtd

imported post

So I have been OC'ing around the Canton and surrounding areas for several months. NO ISSUES AT ALL. Several people have asked if I was a cop. But that is it. Just for reference, I have spoken with the Canton police several times to ensure that the officers where up to speed with the law.

Well, on Saturday, I was at Double Action meeting a friend. He was finishing up with some time on the range with his son. As I was standing there speaking with him, a lady from behind the counter informed me that I had forgotten to put my pistol away. It of course was in its holster on my hip right where it belongs. I told her that Michigan is an OC state and that I have the firearm properly carried. She thought it was her place to let me know that "yes it is ok in MI, but what if one of the kids (who was there for a young shoot) went home and told their parent someone was in the parking lot with a gun?" I smiled and continued to speak with my friend. She of course had a nice 1911 right on her hip! Then when I was leaving, some guy at the door told me the same thing!

Well, today (Sunday), I was in Meijer and some guy was following me around the store on his cell phone. I had three of my kids with me and did not need a scene. So I kept looping around so the guy would have to walk right to me. (My wife was off shopping with our other two). So I get to the front of the store, after several minutes and the store manager is there. A nice lady who asks, "sir, do you have a license for that? We had a customer call. And I see your kids, so I know there is no problem."

I told her that you don't need a license in Michigan. But nevertheless I do. Of course I was referring to my CWP.

If I had not had the kids with me, I would have confronted the man directly who was following me.

When all was done and said, there were no real issues. The guy kind of ticked me off.

David

Tucker6900

imported post

Hello and welcome to OCDO. Please add your location to your profile. As you know, no license is required to open carry in Michigan, including a CPL. The only time a CPL is needed to OC is when you are entering or visiting one of Michigans Pistol Free Zones, or to ease the transport of your pistol when entering your vehicle. Please visit the Michigan Open Carry Information thread for more information.