• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Due process violated

JUMPMASTER

imported post

During the deliberation process of the 9/11/08 Board of Firearms appeals meeting Lt. Fox has an outburst that changed the mind of one commissioner. This occurred after the hearing was over and defendant left. The defendant lost his due process to dispute the testimony. You can hear the actual audio at http://www.ourrockyhill.com

GoldCoaster

imported post

The audio was a little hard to follow. Can someone tell me what exactly Peter was talking about when Alaric got his dander up?

It certainly sounded like Fox didn't care what the statute stated had to happen but other than that, a lot of the audio was tough to make out.

GC

Edward Peruta

imported post

There were four of seven members of the board present, and the vote was 2 to 2.

Peter Kuck made the comment that any tie vote is in favor of the appellant.

Lt. Fox in his outbust stated that that was not true.

The facts have been determined, and Mr. Kuck is correct.

P.S.

TO ALL FOLLOWING THE GOLDBERG CASE.

THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY TODAY (SEPTEMBER 22ND), SENT NOTICE TO ATTORNEY RACHEL BAIRD THAT JAMES GOLDBERG'S PERMIT TO CARRY PISTOLS AND REVOLVERS HAS BEEN REINSTATED.

A PDF COPY OF THE LETTER AND A LINK TO THE LETTER IN WEBPAGE FORMAT MAY BE FOUND AT WWW.OURROCKYHILL.COM

MR. GOLDBERG MADE NO CONCESSIONS AS PART OF THIS REINSTATEMENT.