• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Big 5 Mosin Nagants $69

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Right now Big 5 is selling Mosin Nagant 91/30's for $69 each. Now is a great time to buy one of these if you have ever wanted one.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

All of them. It was their flyer this morning. If I hadn't just paid off a Finn M39 I would have picked up another 91/30. But that was the reason I sold my M44, I don't NEED THREE DANG MOSINS!

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

kparker wrote:
I don't NEED THREE DANG MOSINS!

Uhh, what about for when the zombies attack your boat?
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Mosin Nagatn M39*
Russian SKS
Ruger Security Six
Kel Tec P32
Dutch M95 Mannlicher
Ruger 10/22 with folding stock and red dot sight
NEF 12 guage single shot*
FLARES!!!!

*Not currently in inventory but arriving soon.

Bear 45/70

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
kparker wrote:
I don't NEED THREE DANG MOSINS!

Uhh, what about for when the zombies attack your boat?
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Mosin Nagatn M39*
Russian SKS
Ruger Security Six
Kel Tec P32
Dutch M95 Mannlicher
Ruger 10/22 with folding stock and red dot sight
NEF 12 guage single shot*
FLARES!!!!

*Not currently in inventory but arriving soon.
On top of all the hardware Steve is a closet Greener and tree hugger, his coming soon avatar,
treehugger.gif
Which any self respecting zombie would leave alone because they areboth brain dead already.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
On top of all the hardware Steve is a closet Greener and tree hugger, his coming soon avatar,
treehugger.gif
Which any self respecting zombie would leave alone because they areboth brain dead already.
So I was working yesterday and met a woman from Arizona who made a wisecrack about not wanting a newspaper because she was from out of town and that the waste of paper would just make "You guys from Washington mad" A minute later I had established that she also carried a .357 and she left believing that not all of Washington is full of crazy tree huggers.

I did warn her off from Union though, as the hot air that comes from that area really messes with the natural weather patterns.:lol:

David.Car

imported post

On Topic: The last 3 times I saw the Nagants on sale from Big 5 for under 90 each, neither of the two stores in Spokane had ANY. The advertisement is run nationally and if they don't have any in stock at your location... Well tough luck...

Off Topic: To be fair to the lady from AZ... We do have a lot of
asshat.gif
in WA...

BlaineG

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
treehugger.gif
So I was working yesterday and met a woman from Arizona who made a wisecrack about not wanting a newspaper because she was from out of town and that the waste of paper would just make "You guys from Washington mad" A minute later I had established that she also carried a .357 and she left believing that not all of Washington is full of crazy tree huggers.

I did warn her off from Union though, as the hot air that comes from that area really messes with the natural weather patterns.:lol:
Not only that, but Bear has a private snow storm in the shade under his gut every afternoon at 1630:uhoh::what:

Bear 45/70

imported post

BlaineG wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
treehugger.gif

Not only that, but Bear has a private snow storm in the shade under his gut every afternoon at 1630:uhoh::what:
Thefat Pot calling the Kettle black!:p Then there isthe Greener/Tree Hugger wannabee, hippie living on a boat no less, talkin' down to me? Would you like you other nick name to come out, boat boy?

carhark

Opt-Out Members
Kitsap & Whatcom Counties, Washington, USA
imported post

I just stopped at big 5. They don't have the unlaminated (but still good condition) M91/30 rifles on display, but only the $209 CAI replicas with lamination. Ask for the unlaminated ones though, and they have LOTS in back. I'm getting one in the next couple days; my M44 trigger broke this summer and I have more money invested in ammo than in the gun itself. While its on my mind, anyone know how much it would be to replace the trigger on the M44? I wouldn't know how to do it myself. I'm thinking it's cheaper just to buy that M91/30.

Bear 45/70

imported post

carhark wrote:
I just stopped at big 5. They don't have the unlaminated (but still good condition) M91/30 rifles on display, but only the $209 CAI replicas with lamination. Ask for the unlaminated ones though, and they have LOTS in back. I'm getting one in the next couple days; my M44 trigger broke this summer and I have more money invested in ammo than in the gun itself. While its on my mind, anyone know how much it would be to replace the trigger on the M44? I wouldn't know how to do it myself. I'm thinking it's cheaper just to buy that M91/30.
Well the trigger is only $8.65 plus shipping from e-gun parts. This isn't rocket science and shouldn't be all that hard to do yourself.

David.Car

imported post

Well after being on hold for 20 minutes, found out the local big 5 does have some in stock. Going to go by after work. If they have anything in decent shape with some matching #'s, I will take it home tonight. If they have more than 1, well payday is wednesday and I might be picking up a couple. $76 after tax is a pretty darn good price today.

David.Car

imported post

Just got home from purchasing a new to me 91/30. Have to say I was impressed with the selection. Looked at 4 of 20 some odd in stock. All 4 had matching numbers and were in really good shape.

Had to take home the 4th after seeing it. Stock is in beautiful condition (should look better without the cosmoline). Made in 1942 with pre WWII furniture. The kicker is the barrel. This thing is in very excellent condition, looks unfired.

Can't wait to get it cleaned up and to the range. As to the 16 some odd 91/30s I didn't look at. I will be going back wednesday after getting my paycheck and picking up another 1 or 2 to become safe queens... One day, who knows... Resold or given to a kid. They are peices of history.