• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone on here from San Bernardino area

avdrummerboy

imported post

Hey all, just wanting to see if any of you on here are from the San Bernardino County, I am in Apple Valley.

Just to add on I wish to see a whole lot more legal open carry, I know in a little over a year when I can buy a gun I am going to OC. Why not start in Apple valley.

cato2

imported post

Try over at calguns.net you may find someone in your area. We're still pretty small number wise on OCDO but CG is the BIG TENT in CA.

wild bill

imported post

Hi I'm not in the high desert but I am in SB county. The inland empire (Ontario). I am new to this forum also. I spend most of my time lurking over on Calguns.

Bill:D

avdrummerboy

imported post

Yeah me too, I don't think that the OC movement has quite taken off yet, but hopefully it will be instilled in a short time.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

avdrummerboy wrote:
Yeah me too, I don't think that the OC movement has quite taken off yet, but hopefully it will be instilled in a short time.

Hasn't quite taken off? Heck- in the last year participation in UOC in California has at least quadrupled. Provided we continue on this trend, we will have the attention of the entire state.

Also, welcome aboard Wild Bill. Pleased to have another Calgunner on board. Please feel welcome to contribute.

dalebfast

imported post

Hey,

I'm in Perris, south of Moreno Valley by Riverside, would like to know about our area and the OC issue here. Never see anybody OC'ing around here. Except the police, of course.

Dale

avdrummerboy

imported post

Well of course the police :) Anyway, that why we need more oc, let them know that they are not the only ones who can OC. Maybe soon a SoCal BBQ or something, see if we can get the pot stirred around here.

stevenh512

imported post

avdrummerboy wrote:
Hey all, just wanting to see if any of you on here are from the San Bernardino County, I am in Apple Valley.

Just to add on I wish to see a whole lot more legal open carry, I know in a little over a year when I can buy a gun I am going to OC. Why not start in Apple valley.
I'm from San Bernardino County, living in Landers right now and I'll be moving to Victorville within the next month. Where I am now (a very rural and unincorporated area of the county, in the middle of the desert with lots of rattlesnakes and other dangerous wild animals), I can open carry almost anywhere I want to, loaded or not. Not once has any law enforcement officer in the area stopped me or any of my neighbors for walking or driving around town with a clearly visible gun. Honestly I think they're more worried about people flying up and down the dirt roads on dirtbikes and other "off-road" vehicles but that's a different story. I'll definitely miss being able to walk around with a loaded gun on my belt when I get to Victorville (and even more so, I'll miss the local Sheriff's deputies who are accustomed to seeing people walking around with guns). Judging by my past experience with Victorville P.D. and local deputies in that area, I wouldn't even *think* of trying to UOC there unless I was in a large group and the whole thing was very well documented... unless you want to be the next "poster boy" for the cause... lol

btw I'm new here, been reading (especially the California section) for a few days but I just registered and this is my first post.

avdrummerboy

imported post

Well, welcome. Yeah it'd be nice to see groups of OC'ers in Victorville area but until some organization happens, oh well.